The bottom line (1 Viewer)

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Listening to Fisher interviewed twice today amid all the fluff of the stadium, court cases, financial mismanagement, on the field issues etc, one thing stands out. Namely, SISU are (a) now breaking even and even generating a slight annual profit due to the costs being cut to the absolute bare minimum and (b) SISU has absolutely zero interest in investing in the club in order to make it competitive and professional either on or off the pitch. This is just about the bottom line for SISU, that's all that matters to them, everything else is completely superfluous. The thing that angers me most about all this is the fact that SISU refuse to let go of the club and allow it to be owned by someone who is prepared to invest, have ambition and take an interest in what happens on the pitch. The fact that we are a football club appears almost irrelevant to SISU. Not a penny more!

Bob Latchford

After hearing that phone in you'd have 2b a lunatic saddo or have nothing better 2 do in ur life than give SISU ur money #NationwideNorth

Jimmy Hill's Chin

I sense SISU would rather own a non-league club which breaks even than a slight loss-making club towards the top of the Championship. They are totally disinterested in the football.

torchomatic

Bob Latchford

I'm going to buy an extra season ticket next year and not bother using it.
Think I'll treat myself to a couple of games in the corporate as well.
Good for you

skybluebeduff

I'm going to buy an extra season ticket next year and not bother using it.
Think I'll treat myself to a couple of games in the corporate as well.
attachment.php

This might seem less painful to be fair compared to our reality.

Chipfat

Posted before promotion was never an option to these owners or to TF, no matter what we think promotion would gain in money terms, these have already sampled the cost of competing there and found it to be too much. Once the premiership dream got lost Sisu have been on a 7 year plan to bring the club down to its knees while costing them nothing. This is a cat playing with a mouse and will play with it until its bored, sadly us fans have to watch until the cat walks off.

TF said it all tonight about what he is doing and what he has to do keep the life support on for no other reason than they can....

ccfcway

I sense SISU would rather own a non-league club which breaks even than a slight loss-making club towards the top of the Championship. They are totally disinterested in the football.

that's not a sense, that's appears to be the reality. Keep up the court cases as the potential "Losses" become more and more as the years go by. If they win one case, their claim for loses would be very close to that magic £70m

clint van damme

Posted before promotion was never an option to these owners or to TF, no matter what we think promotion would gain in money terms, these have already sampled the cost of competing there and found it to be too much. Once the premiership dream got lost Sisu have been on a 7 year plan to bring the club down to its knees while costing them nothing. This is a cat playing with a mouse and will play with it until its bored, sadly us fans have to watch until the cat walks off.

TF said it all tonight about what he is doing and what he has to do keep the life support on for no other reason than they can....

I can't believe they wouldn't want to fluke a promotion. They wouldn't have to invest and income would be up even if we came straight back down. That doesn't make sense.

stupot07

How would be a "slight loss making club" at the top of the championship?

This new #nationwide soundbite is bollocks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
How would be a "slight loss making club" at the top of the championship?

This new #nationwide soundbite is bollocks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

They would have to be bringing in absolutely millions to make a slight loss.

I guess Brighton are making a slight loss as well.

Chipfat

I can't believe they wouldn't want to fluke a promotion. They wouldn't have to invest and income would be up even if we came straight back down. That doesn't make sense.

I never said they would not take a fluke of promotion, what club wouldn't take that offer, but that is not on offer or a realistic situation with regards to the clubs current state, they are interested in keeping a club alive for the sake of it, not for success OR TO MAKE YOU SMILE. I think the only thing that makes sense, is a fluke is the only way this club will get promoted, as its not in any plan of those running this club. We are an irradiation, we are a problem but not that big of a one yet, that they feel the need to walk, again TF told us this very clear.

You have hope as you still believe if gained they might change the model, that is not going to happen they are downsizing, downgrading, cutting costs for a reason and its not for the sake of the fans or the club.

clint van damme

I never said they would not take a fluke of promotion, what club wouldn't take that offer, but that is not on offer or a realistic situation with regards to the clubs current state, they are interested in keeping a club alive for the sake of it, not for success OR TO MAKE YOU SMILE. I think the only thing that makes sense, is a fluke is the only way this club will get promoted, as its not in any plan of those running this club. We are an irradiation, we are a problem but not that big of a one yet, that they feel the need to walk, again TF told us this very clear.

You have hope as you still believe if gained they might change the model, that is not going to happen they are downsizing, downgrading, cutting costs for a reason and its not for the sake of the fans or the club.

I read your initial post as insinuating that there is actually a deliberate strategy not to get promoted, maybe I've misunderstood it.

Chipfat

I read your initial post as insinuating that there is actually a deliberate strategy not to get promoted, maybe I've misunderstood it.

No i don't think the strategy is not to get promoted i just don't think the model fits that goal, so they are in limbo. They are very happy to sit and play a game, any result of promotion or relegation changes nothing for them just makes TF cut even more to fit his keeping the club viable.

Rodders1

Listening to Fisher interviewed twice today amid all the fluff of the stadium, court cases, financial mismanagement, on the field issues etc, one thing stands out. Namely, SISU are (a) now breaking even and even generating a slight annual profit due to the costs being cut to the absolute bare minimum and (b) SISU has absolutely zero interest in investing in the club in order to make it competitive and professional either on or off the pitch. This is just about the bottom line for SISU, that's all that matters to them, everything else is completely superfluous. The thing that angers me most about all this is the fact that SISU refuse to let go of the club and allow it to be owned by someone who is prepared to invest, have ambition and take an interest in what happens on the pitch. The fact that we are a football club appears almost irrelevant to SISU. Not a penny more!
What I don't get is that he says SISU will not put any money in and we can only live on a cashflow month-to-month basis. So how on earth can he still be banging on about a new stadium ? Where's the money for that coming from Tim?

Jimmy Hill's Chin

What I don't get is that he says SISU will not put any money in and we can only live on a cashflow month-to-month basis. So how on earth can he still be banging on about a new stadium ? Where's the money for that coming from Tim?
He's not serious about that though is he? If he was, a site would have been identified by now. After all they've had about 4 years and are no further forward. It's just lip service to try to give the illusion of being serious about the club's future.

Terry Gibson's perm

Looking at the side they have thrown together this year it does look like they would like to avoid promotion and it's working to plan, just about the first they have got right

clint van damme

Looking at the side they have thrown together this year it does look like they would like to avoid promotion and it's working to plan, just about the first they have got right

don't believe for one minute they want to avoid relegation.
The don't want to invest to secure it but if they could fluke one they'd be happy.
There's no rule says they have to invest if we go up, they could just let us struggle and come straight back down, it would still increase their income for that season and if any of the players did OK it would increase their value.

Sky Blue Harry H

As a fan, if you knew they were going to carry on like this for say the next 10 years, with all that would probably mean for the ever decreasing circle of income, budget and potential non league status, would you support a strategy to fast track this descent to try and force them to sell. Any investor would know the fans would return (after they left) but TF can't run at cash neutral if we starve them. I have a season ticket and love my team, but for the greater good of the club, if we could see them off after (say) 3 years, rather than 10 (who knows how many), then I'd do it. Away games only at that point and maybe a good protest idea maybe to mass attend a neutral game (MK Dons v whoever, Walsall v whoever etc, , it would get loads of coverage and generate a camaraderie among fans - plus we wouldn't have to see us lose!!) OTIS can be in charge of arranging the matches we mass attend - details to follow !!

Otis

As a fan, if you knew they were going to carry on like this for say the next 10 years, with all that would probably mean for the ever decreasing circle of income, budget and potential non league status, would you support a strategy to fast track this descent to try and force them to sell. Any investor would know the fans would return (after they left) but TF can't run at cash neutral if we starve them. I have a season ticket and love my team, but for the greater good of the club, if we could see them off after (say) 3 years, rather than 10 (who knows how many), then I'd do it. Away games only at that point and maybe a good protest idea maybe to mass attend a neutral game (MK Dons v whoever, Walsall v whoever etc, , it would get loads of coverage and generate a camaraderie among fans - plus we wouldn't have to see us lose!!) OTIS can be in charge of arranging the matches we mass attend - details to follow !!
Well yeah, in some ways you wonder if it is a slow lingering death or a quicker one.

With Sisu here I think it will be more of the same, which will result in the fan base dropping off and less people going. That will surely result in relegation.

Might take a few years, but as the fans drift away we will drop down the leagues until there's pretty much nowt left.

The route of just not turning up now will have the same effect, but just heightened and obviously a lot quicker.

Do both scenarios though end up with seeing the backs of Sisu or not?

If they did, then option two would have to be more preferable, as hard as that is to say.

As I keep saying, the way things are going we ARE heading to the Butts, but it will be because the 3,000 capacity will easily accommodate our fanbase by then.

He's not serious about that though is he? If he was, a site would have been identified by now. After all they've had about 4 years and are no further forward. It's just lip service to try to give the illusion of being serious about the club's future.

I remember when Anderson was appointed, Fisher said it was to free his time up to concentrate on the new stadium. Last night he said he took a back seat to concentrate on other business interests..
I am sure we will get a new training ground that we will rent. They will sell Ryton so they can take out the £2.5 Million and then saddle us with a rental agreement on a new site for £500K per year.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Where there is hope there is a club....... The expectations well that's an entirely different thing.

Ccfc could come out the other side of this but it is a long hard road.

Not ready to give up all hope but it is at a very low ebb

Ccfc is still there......

Users who are viewing this thread