The Bomb Squad (1 Viewer)

wingy

I was trying to be positive on here for once :).

I remember many years ago Butcher came down and tried it on after playing under Souness at Rangers. Problem is we didn't have the money or status they had and he failed miserably

That's 3 Jocks that have tried IT:eek::pimp:

stupot07

Apparently they were told 2 months ago they weren't in his plans?

Yeah, it would have been part of the meetings Pressley had with the players the day after the season finished.

In a way I can see why Pressley has done this, the remaining squad is a young one and some of those in the 'bomb' squad are experienced and big personalities - he wouldn't want them disrupting or influencing team morale, and they won't be going to holland with the rest of squad

Last edited:

torchomatic

AS the ginger bloke in the car insurance ads used to say "stupid, just stupid".

Hincha

The hard nosed approach was a disaster under McAllister, as was the bringing through the youth. I think we had one of the worst runs in our history. No one would argue with bombing out Malaga who refused to go on loan, but the others have tried their best even if the quality has been wanting, and in Bells case a terrible run of injuries. If your boss treats your mates like a twat, and tries to rule by fear, the result is often disaster. Firm but fair works not bloody mindedness.

Nonleagueherewecome

I find it strange, if we don't get out of administration and are unable to recruit some of those 8 might be needed.

We'll just be playing kids who are no-way near as good as them and/or ready for the first team instead. I believe this may be part of the patented Pressley Philosophy.

Nonleagueherewecome

This is all very well and good but come the start of the season when we're still under a transfer embargo and have a couple of unforeseen injuries, we may actually need some of these players unless SP is thinking of playing a 3-6-1 or 3-7-0 formation.

Is that the ages of the players?

Nonleagueherewecome

I was trying to be positive on here for once :).

I remember many years ago Butcher came down and tried it on after playing under Souness at Rangers. Problem is we didn't have the money or status they had and he failed miserably

...and he bombed out good players too early just to "make his mark" :jerkit:

Nonleagueherewecome

Users who are viewing this thread