The Bomb Squad (1 Viewer)

The bombed out 8 players surplus to requirements will be training at Broad St Rugby Club on Monday and Warwick university the week after (fact)

hill83

I find that extremely petty and don't understand it. Ok, you don't want to waste time incorporating players into training regimes who you have no intention of playing. But telling them to f*ck off and play heads and volleys down the park is ridiculous.

RoboCCFC90

How bloody poor. I assume this is Pressley's fantastic idea? I have to say if it is, it's poor Man Management Skills

dongonzalos

Plus so much changes in football.

Someone surplus to requirements today becomes your main man tomorrow.

Especially if we stay in embargo.

Stupid decision

letsallsingtogether

yes but it does not take any more time use them a fodder for the other players, :D
I find that extremely petty and don't understand it. Ok, you don't want to waste time incorporating players into training regimes who you have no intention of playing. But telling them to f*ck off and play heads and volleys down the park is ridiculous.

SBS

I am really struggling to see the logic in dividing and alienating the squad like this. Yes, they might not be in Pressleys plans, but why not just keep them training and listen to offers if they come in. It's going to be more difficult to shift a player who hasn't had a preseason. I have time for Pressley, I like his footballing philosophy, but if this is his idea then he's acting like a knob.

skybluebeduff

Most of the lads are back at Ryton today learning Composition.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=f-r3Fr1jyAY[/video]

torchomatic

It was the dumb ass McAllister. I like Pressley and have pretty much agreed with all his decisions, but this is silly.

Its like back to the Memorial ,Was that with Gould? Mc allistar?:confused:

Colonel Mustard

Pretty brutal, but I quite like the move. It allows the current squad to bond and familiarise themselves with each other's play without responding to the styles of players who won't be on the same pitch as them. It perhaps also gives the other isolated players a kick up the arse to find themselves new clubs; there have been too many horror stories about out-of-favour players happily sitting around, enjoying the home comforts and collecting contract payments.

wingy

Most of the lads are back at Ryton today learning Composition.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=f-r3Fr1jyAY[/video]

Is that current ,IE;- Today ,impressive!! Any clues to this years kit in that video?:thinking about:

Nick

Administrator
Pretty brutal, but I quite like the move. It allows the current squad to bond and familiarise themselves with each other's play without responding to the styles of players who won't be on the same pitch as them. It perhaps also gives the other isolated players a kick up the arse to find themselves new clubs; there have been too many horror stories about out-of-favour players happily sitting around, enjoying the home comforts and collecting contract payments.

Have to agree, I know it's harsh but if they aren't going to be playing next year then we should get on without them.

The only thing is that if we can't sign players and Pressley has to do a U turn and call one of them back, it will make him look silly and possible cause upset then in the camp.

mattylad

Bell has tweeted about treating others how you yourself would want to be treated as you never know when these things will come back to you.

Nick

Administrator
I wonder if it was Pressley or if it was from above forcing it on him through? I wonder if the players are pissed off at Pressley or SISU?

jesus-wept

I find it strange, if we don't get out of administration and are unable to recruit some of those 8 might be needed.

This is all very well and good but come the start of the season when we're still under a transfer embargo and have a couple of unforeseen injuries, we may actually need some of these players unless SP is thinking of playing a 3-6-1 or 3-7-0 formation.

T

true sky blue

why dont a few of the so called big business men interested in the ricoh and ccfc simply get these 8 players as a starting point, pay a couple of grand a week each .. move into the ricoh and start a new club in a joint venture with ACL. too fucking simple for every one i suppose?!!! the answer to our problems are staring us right in the face. who would rather start in the lower leagues and make their way up rather than stick with sisu and make our way to liquidation?????:eek:

Nick

Administrator
why dont a few of the so called big business men interested in the ricoh and ccfc simply get these 8 players as a starting point, pay a couple of grand a week each ..

Because they would probably want to get better players for the same money?

If that is Pressley's idea of man management it is a joke.

Whether he will be able to keep these players or not they have done nothing to deserve being treated like this. What happens if they don't get a club and are on our books come start of the season and we are still under embargo. Will he go cap in hand and ask them to play? I know what I would tell him!

Doubts growing about SP very quickly..........

jimmyhillsfanclub

Its certainly a bold move by SP.....not sure its wise, but we'll probably never really know the reasons for it....

Maybe these players were disruptive....billy big bollox attitude....so SP has put a rocket up their arse.....

...a couple weeks out in the cold & then maybe they'll realise just how good they've got it at City...knuckle down & start to finally earn their fucking money.

Yes, I'm looking at you McSheffrey, McDonald, Bell....

SkyBlueHomer

Its a huge gamble but on a positive note its sends a message to the rest of the players that he wont be afraid to make big decisions. If your in his plans you get your finger out to start performing

Depending on how long we stay under the embargo for it could come back & bite him though if we pick up injuries/suspensions

chiefdave

Its a huge gamble but on a positive note its sends a message to the rest of the players that he wont be afraid to make big decisions. If your in his plans you get your finger out to start performing

or the players left over will think this squad is so small we don't have to put in any effort and we'll be picked every week.

SkyBlueHomer

or the players left over will think this squad is so small we don't have to put in any effort and we'll be picked every week.

I was trying to be positive on here for once :).

I remember many years ago Butcher came down and tried it on after playing under Souness at Rangers. Problem is we didn't have the money or status they had and he failed miserably

Users who are viewing this thread