The boat/James (2 Viewers)

oucho

It would be a short term loan but most of the family aren’t in a position to do it. My bro is looking at getting a mortgage and my mum and dad are retired so live from their pension and because I f**ked up a boat trip shouldn’t have them short for £1,400 for a few weeks (that’s the amount still owed for the boat).

Are you refunding people for the Barca trip too?

WillenhallSkyBlues

If they have contacted me I’ll have their details about a refund. I’ve tried to keep a lot of them unread so when it credits me I can go straight down the messages and all ‘unread’ messages I can go in and pay.

Also Nick, a full refund was agreed but said to her that it’ll be a case of when I get the money back, I was hoping it would have been by now and I said to her it’ll be before the end of October, I’ve spoke to her again today and said it hasn’t credited me so I can’t send it but I want this sorry affair over more than anyone
Spoke to him he said he’s even spoke to your mate Scott who’s also heard nothing about refunds. Sure you haven’t just sorted those who go on your Wallace coach to keep them happy

Johhny Blue

It would be a short term loan but most of the family aren’t in a position to do it. My bro is looking at getting a mortgage and my mum and dad are retired so live from their pension and because I f**ked up a boat trip shouldn’t have them short for £1,400 for a few weeks (that’s the amount still owed for the boat).
Maybe Otis will give you a loan if you ask nicely

Otis

Maybe Otis will give you a loan if you ask nicely
Well if I was James I WOULD take out a loan, or would arrange an overdraft to ensure people were paid back.

If it is just short term it shouldn't be a problem and James says it's just a simple case of him waiting for the money.

Johhny Blue

Well if I was James I WOULD take out a loan, or would arrange an overdraft to ensure people were paid back.

If it is just short term it shouldn't be a problem and James says it's just a simple case of him waiting for the money.
If you were James there would have been free beer

WhaleOilBeefHooked

This is actually meant in James's defence(!) but... do you think someone with a fraud conviction finds it easy to get credit?!?

Lol.

Someone with a fraud conviction will not apply for credit, and will either fraudulently claim on behalf of someone else, or get someone to do it for him.

EDIT: or they won't have applied for a loan and it's a stalling tactic and he has no intention of paying anyone back. But who knows?

Otis

This is actually meant in James's defence(!) but... do you think someone with a fraud conviction finds it easy to get credit?!?
Yeah, did think of that. You can get the Wonga sort of credit though.

If I had a previous conviction and people were now calling me a fraudster on this I would take the hit and if it had to be pay day lender, it would have to be a pay day lender at a grossly over the top interest rate.

pusbccfc

Love how people are still fuming about this.

I spent £30, got 2 free drinks and a brilliant boat trip. It was a great day and I didn't see anyone not enjoy it.

Was I out of pocket? Yes, maybe by a few quid, but not something that to kick off about 6 weeks on.

Otis

I spent £30, got 2 free drinks and a brilliant boat trip. It was a great day and I didn't see anyone not enjoy it.

Was I out of pocket? Yes, maybe by a few quid, but not something that to kick off about 6 weeks on.
Seems some were happy enough, but others were not though.

Grendel

Yeah, did think of that. You can get the Wonga sort of credit though.

If I had a previous conviction and people were now calling me a fraudster on this I would take the hit and if it had to be pay day lender, it would have to be a pay day lender at a grossly over the top interest rate.

Would you fuck

clint van damme

2 more fucking free drinks than I got!! Agree though. Good day and a one off. Will revert back to the traditional London pub crawl next time we play in the capital.

Otis

Would you fuck
I would.

Why are you saying I wouldn't? How bizarre.

If I owed people money and they were calling me a fraudster I most certainly would.

No idea why you would wish to argue on that notion.

I would. That's me. I would feel really bad and get the money however I could, but would try my best to borrow it off friends and family first.

You are a very strange man.

Nick

Administrator
I would.

If I owed people money and they were calling me a fraudster I most certainly would.

I would. That's me. I would feel really bad and get the money however I could, but would try my best to borrow it off friends and family first.

Yeah but you aren't a fraudster. The whole idea of fraud is to get things from people (ie money) rather than rush to give it them back.

If you were a fraudster, you would be rubbish at it :)

Grendel

I would.

So you’d take a 1,000% APR loan out with no assurance the money will actually arrive in your bank to pay this £7,000 drinks bill

So it doesn’t arrive and then you find yourself owing £50,000

You’d actually do that? Risking your home for repossession?

Otis

Yeah but you aren't a fraudster. The whole idea of fraud is to get things from people (ie money) rather than rush to give it them back.

If you were a fraudster, you would be rubbish at it :)
I would be the world's worst for sure.

Otis

So you’d take a 1,000% APR loan out with no assurance the money will actually arrive in your bank to pay this £7,000 drinks bill

So it doesn’t arrive and then you find yourself owing £50,000

You’d actually do that? Risking your home for repossession?
My family WOULD loan me the money for sure, so it wouldn't be an issue.

James says this is short term. If he's being genuine you are only talking in terms of a matter of weeks.

It doesn't have to be the kind of loan company you have suggested. There are some with much lower rates that will loan to those with bad credit.

Of course I wouldn't take out a 1,000% loan. That would be daft.

There are many companies where you can get a loan for a month and pay very little in terms of interest if you pay it all back within a month.

Otis

If you ever want to burgle my house, the shopping needs doing and the garden could do with a tidy on your way out :)
Not sure about that, but I would put all your pictures straight and make sure I locked the door for you on the way out.

Nick

Administrator
My family WOULD loan me the money for sure, so it wouldn't be an issue.

James says this is short term. If he's being genuine you are only talking in terms of a matter of weeks.

It doesn't have to be the kind of loan company you have suggested. There are some with much lower rates that will loan to those with bad credit.

Of course I wouldn't take out a 1,000% loan. That would be daft.

There are many companies where you can get a loan for a month and pay very little in terms of interest if you pay it all back within a month.

The thing with that is, you are then bringing your family into it by using their money. What happens if that doesn't make it to where it's meant to go and you start owing them as well?

The short term loan deals assume you will have the money within a month, if that doesn't arrive the money to be paid back grows and grows.

NorthernWisdom

The thing with that is, you are then bringing your family into it by using their money. What happens if that doesn't make it to where it's meant to go and you start owing them as well?

The short term loan deals assume you will have the money within a month, if that doesn't arrive the money to be paid back grows and grows.
Yup, and *if* it's certain the money arrives in a month, you'd tough it out and wait rather than borrow, as you *would* be able to pay back people.

Users who are viewing this thread