The bigger picture... (1 Viewer)

Gint11

I have said it time and time again, all parties are to blame. It is as simple as that.

Sick Boy

And thanks for reminding everyone about orange ken. Always good to remember the sort of dicks these people employ.

The overwhelming majority on here were firmly behind him over his employment of Thorn as manager. Surely those who believe that he is one of the most exciting and innovative managers in the country should be giving Ken some credit?

blueflint

Are SISU responsible for the reduced gates when the team on the pitch is better than its ever been?
or is it the sort of dicks that stay away and turn their backs on the team because their mummy told them SISU was bad!

Care to defend that?

ok I suppose you are just a wind up!

:pimp:

if they were still at ricoh there would be no drop in gate numbers as fans would come back if this goes on much longer fans won't return

grego_gee

Lets focus on focus on the low gates thing.
Is that Sisus fault? No.

because if we can take 7000 to MK Dons we could take 7000 to Sixfields! - its closer!

Somebody dreamt up NOPM (THAT wasn't SISU) and now its sacrilegious for anybody to cross the Sixfields threshold.

Its every individuals decision to go or not to go, but its coloured by the common perception that its bad to go.

In an untainted world the gates would be higher because the football more than justifies that.
but this perception that SISU are bad and paying for a ticket at Sixfields is a NO-NO can't rely on the argument that SISU are bad because the gates are lower.

The gates are lower because people are staying away.

bigfatronssba

Is that Sisus fault? No.

because if we can take 7000 to MK Dons we could take 7000 to Sixfields! - its closer!

Somebody dreamt up NOPM (THAT wasn't SISU) and now its sacrilegious for anybody to cross the Sixfields threshold.

Its every individuals decision to go or not to go, but its coloured by the common perception that its bad to go.

In an untainted world the gates would be higher because the football more than justifies that.
but this perception that SISU are bad and paying for a ticket at Sixfields is a NO-NO can't rely on the argument that SISU are bad because the gates are lower.

Can I just ask, do you think its wrong for CCFC to be playing in Northampton? Because the likes of you, RFC, and trueskyblue, all seem to like us playing there. Because of that I have to question your loyalty to your city.

grego_gee

Innocent until proven guilty but you also say ACL are guilty :claping hands:

I don't think I did say that, but if you want to go there....

I could say,
ACL were guilty of trying to hold us on a £1.3m pa rent after we dropped out of the premier league and Championship and
ACL were guilty of taking all our pie money when it was only the draw of the FC that took us there and
ACL were guilty of landing us with a 10pt deduction this season for absolutely no rhyme or reason.

yet ACL seem to have more support on here than the owners of the club that continue to finance the club despite all the shit constantly poured over them

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Is that Sisus fault? No.

And the gates are lower and people are staying away because of:thinking about::facepalm:

grego_gee

Can I just ask, do you think its wrong for CCFC to be playing in Northampton? Because the likes of you, RFC, and trueskyblue, all seem to like us playing there. Because of that I have to question your loyalty to your city.

No I don't think its "right" at all, we should be playing in the stadium that ccfc started to build for itself in Coventry.

Can I just ask you, do you really think SISU took us to Northampton because they wanted to?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Is that Sisus fault? No.

I would argue that a lot of people haven't heard of NOPM they are not going because they dont want to go simple.

bigfatronssba

No I don't think its "right" at all, we should be playing in the stadium that ccfc started to build for itself in Coventry.

Can I just ask you, do you really think SISU took us to Northampton because they wanted to?

Yes, they didn't have to take us to Northampton. We have a perfectly good ground in Coventry.

James Smith

Is that Sisus fault? No.

Yes exactly, people are staying away part of this is because there is an increased costs (both financially and travel time) of getting to 'home' matches and part to do with the fact that our club, Coventry City aren't playing these games in Coventry. Taking 7k to an away game is an excellent show that the support is still there, just not at home whilst we are in self imposed exile in Sixfields.

If SISU ended their own campaign of NOPM towards ACL we could be back in Coventry in no time

Last edited:

CarpyCov84

Peolke are staying away because coventry should be playing in coventry it's nothing to do money yesterday should surley show that 7k at an away game...just get us back at the Ricoh SHARPISH !!!

J

Jack Griffin

Are SISU responsible for the reduced gates when the team on the pitch is better than its ever been?
or is it the sort of dicks that stay away and turn their backs on the team because their mummy told them SISU was bad!

Care to defend that?

ok I suppose you are just a wind up!

The team is in the upper reaches of Division 3 on form, that is hardly "better than its ever been".

You are getting confused between the ability of the team and the relative enjoyment of watching a winning team in a lower league over a mediocre team in a higher division.

grego_gee

Yes, they didn't have to take us to Northampton. We have a perfectly good ground in Coventry.

They wouldn't let us play there for less than £1.3mpa, they even sued us for the £1.3mpa after they had said £400k would have been reasonable.
How many now think the £1.3m was "right"?

bigfatronssba

They wouldn't let us play there for less than £1.3mpa, they even sued us for the £1.3mpa after they had said £400k would have been reasonable.

Regardless of whether £1.3m is "right", the club is loosing far more by not paying the rent, which in turn will affect FFP, meaning your beloved team will be broken up and sold.

The club simply could have stayed whilst working out a solution with ACL.

RegTheDonk

No, I don't think they wanted to take us to Northampton. I think they only took us there because it was the only place the FA would sanction. I think they would have preferred us playing at the Ricoh. But unfortunately, paying the outstanding rent and/or doing a new rental deal did not fit in with their plans.

grego_gee

The team is in the upper reaches of Division 3 on form, that is hardly "better than its ever been".

You are getting confused between the ability of the team and the relative enjoyment of watching a winning team in a lower league over a mediocre team in a higher division.

Quite right, but you have to judge relative to the conditions you are in, we would probably do better with Ronaldo but we're unlikely to get him through the door, and his wage would probably exceed the whole teams.

but I didn't actually say the football was better than its ever been I said "the team on the pitch is better than its ever been" and I would include the management team in that including Pressley & Waggot - I hesitate to mention Fisher but even he has presided over the changes that have got us here.

We are now without the crippling £1.3mpa rent, we have a better management team and we have a very exciting playing team, despite not having Ronaldo!

James Smith

I have said before that the rent was too high, has anyone on here actually said it wasn't? Regarding other offers, are we back to Mr Labovitch and the infamous I can't hear you I'm not an Otium person today situation?

grego_gee

I have said before that the rent was too high, has anyone on here actually said it wasn't? Regarding other offers, are we back to Mr Labovitch and the infamous I can't hear you I'm not an Otium person today situation?

Plenty on here say we shouldn't have moved, we should have just paid the rent.

bigfatronssba

That would have made financial sense though wouldn't it?

Persuade me that moving to Northampton was better for the club than staying at the Ricoh and paying the rent.

tuousis

Is that Sisus fault? No.

Have you ever heard of HOME GAMES, some clubs have but not in Fishers world. Wake Up.

grego_gee

That would have made financial sense though wouldn't it?

Persuade me that moving to Northampton was better for the club than staying at the Ricoh and paying the rent.

There is a price to pay in moving to Northampton and you are right that it would have been cheaper to stay in the short term (if a rent less than £1.3M could have been agreed).
But the cost of moving to Northampton would not be as much if the fans were not staying away in protest and the long term gains from having our own ground and all revenues far outway the cost even with stay-away fans.

James Smith

We weren't paying the rent, that was the start of the original NOPM directed at ACL. It started off about the rent being the major issue and then became other things on top of that, that they needed from ACL when lower rents were offered. Talk about moving the goalposts and I don't mean to Northampton.

Users who are viewing this thread