The Best Thing About St Andrews (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

We've been arguing over the pitch quality, the number of pubs, it being a proper stadium etc. etc. a million times but I feel like the best thing about being there hasn't been mentioned - not having a fucking drum.

Before the inevitable pile on, this is not an anti playing in Cov/pro playing in Brum post. It is very much an anti drum post.

Nick

Administrator
giphy.gif

rob9872

Guess I'm in a minority then, but I like the drum (as long as I'm not sat directly next to it!). Anything that helps create, build or even continue to help the atmosphere is positive in my book.

Liquid Gold

Guess I'm in a minority then, but I like the drum (as long as I'm not sat directly next to it!). Anything that helps create, build or even continue to help the atmosphere is positive in my book.
I think it restricts the atmosphere. Nothing gets sung without the drum starting it. Atmospheres are more organic without instruments deciding what song goes on. Like the England band and the Pompey cow bell. Should be banned same as the vuvuzela.

christonabike

The drums not too bad (I dont sit near it!).
Plenty of decent boozers
A champion hot dog stall just down the road
Stewards that are polite and friendly
Good atmosphere
Fans committed and dont groan if a pass is mislaid
Good banter with the away fans behind the goal
Fantastic results.
Not an ideal situation playing away from home but the best of a bad situation that could be 10 times worse!
*edited back to lost text*

Last edited:

Joy Division

Drums are good but only when the person can actually play them. This is were the city drummer falls down

Yeah wish he'd stop banging it on every syllable of the words of the song and just use it to keep in time. Other than that I don't mind it too much.

skyblue1991

The fans are united to support the team
No moaning when one of our players passes it backwards to keep possession ('Forwardddddd!!!')
You can stand up without stewards telling you to sit
The pitch is in much better condition
If we didn't play there we would have to start again likewise to Bury

pusbccfc

We've been arguing over the pitch quality, the number of pubs, it being a proper stadium etc. etc. a million times but I feel like the best thing about being there hasn't been mentioned - not having a fucking drum.

Before the inevitable pile on, this is not an anti playing in Cov/pro playing in Brum post. It is very much an anti drum post.

Disagree.

Atmosphere at St Andrews has been awful since the first few games. Part of it must be down to the drum.

Ring Of Steel

I remember when the East Stand opened they had a drummer who sat on the back row, but he got hounded out after a couple of games as he was scaring the shit out of the people in front of him when he started crashing away at quieter moments

pusbccfc

The drums not too bad (I dont sit near it!).
Plenty of decent boozers
A champion hot dog stall just down the road
Stewards that are polite and friendly
Good atmosphere
Fans committed and dont groan if a pass is mislaid
Good banter with the away fans behind the goal
Fantastic results.
Not an ideal situation playing away from home but the best of a bad situation that could be 10 times worse!
*edited back to lost text*

It's not a good atmosphere and the away fans take the piss all game while we sit in silence.

Nick

Administrator
It's not a good atmosphere and the away fans take the piss all game while we sit in silence.

Ive never understood why people get upset by the "your support is fucking shit" stuff.

Same as when Sheff Utd said they love SISU and some of our fans lost their minds from it.

covmark

Same as when Sheff Utd said they love SISU and some of our fans lost their minds from it.
The only reason you didn't lose your mind is because you're the #1 Sisu lover. Come on admit it

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

Knew you lot couldn't read.

bawtryneal

Ive never understood why people get upset by the "your support is fucking shit" stuff.

Football fans should stick together over issues such as "dodgy owners" and ground relocation's and franchises etc

I agree we should all put up with banter and all the usual stuff but, for me, they crossed a line when they sung "Love SISU"

Every dog has its day and they will have no sympathy from me when there turn comes whether it be next year or 10 years from now.

I employ about 100 SUFC fans and they are one conceited bunch.

Nick

Administrator
Football fans should stick together over issues such as "dodgy owners" and ground relocation's and franchises etc

I agree we should all put up with banter and all the usual stuff but, for me, they crossed a line when they sung "Love SISU"

Every dog has its day and they will have no sympathy from me when there turn comes whether it be next year or 10 years from now.

They were clearly taking the piss though? Most of them probably had no idea who SISU are.

Same as at Blackpool when our fans were pissed up and on about the Oystons with no clue who they were.

clint van damme

sack the fuckers!

pusbccfc

It's just a reason to kick off isn't it.

NortonSkyBlue

Equal opportunities employer I see!
I must admit I enjoyed that game even though we lost. A throwback game, a real edge and if ever a one on one was needed it was that night and our little fella obliged!!!

clint van damme

They were clearly taking the piss though? Most of them probably had no idea who SISU are.

Same as at Blackpool when our fans were pissed up and on about the Oystons with no clue who they were.

I lost my rag over it, and I'd lose the fucker again!!

Adge

The twat was sitting next to me at Southend. Was half tempted to take it off him, run off and fire it off the pier into the sea.

covcity4life

Are you alright with uncle drum?

Users who are viewing this thread