The best finisher Pressley has ever seen (1 Viewer)

mrtrench

SP on Shaun Miller: "He’s a terrific finisher; in fact, one of the best I’ve seen.”

SP on Gary Madine: " he’s one of the most outstanding finishers I have seen. "

We are blessed to have had two of the best finishers that Pressley has ever seen at the club this season. One can only imagine that he doesn't watch much football.

mrtrench

Can you imagine all the goals we'd score if we could just keep Miller and Madine in the same side? Two of the best finishers that Pressley has ever seen in the same 11? We'd be invincible, scoring from everywhere on the pitch.

stupot07

To be fair to Miller. Both his goals were quality finishes. I'd like to see the pair of them have a run of 5-6 games together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

torchomatic

Yeah, I was disappointed that Miller went on loan, as Stu says the goals he has scored have been quality. I would love to see Gary Madine (Goal Machine) here permanently or even until the Summer. That would do for now.

SkyBlueM

I think it is a shame to see that he does not seem to fancy Miller as a player these days I do think he is the most natural goalscorer at the club.

hill83

My old man can polish off a curry with two sides and a naan bread in 3 minutes. He's the best finisher I've ever seen.

The Reverend Skyblue

Yet another Pressleyism, put it in the same folder as, Webster played like an international against Plymouth, and some of our players are more skilful than players in the Premiership.

the man should keep his mouth shut, all he comes out with is utter bollocks

letsallsingtogether

TBF it wouldn't be that hard to see the best finisher his club has seen this season:whistle:

So I can see where he's coming from:)

ajsccfc

I was going to suggest that Pressley's seen Andy Cole in action, but I remember that game and he never got close enough for a good look.

mrtrench

I was going to suggest that Pressley's seen Andy Cole in action, but I remember that game and he never got close enough for a good look.

Was he one of the strikers he fouled in the penalty box during his brief spell? I don't have the stats but seem to recall something like: Played 10, Pens conceded: 5, Own goals: 2.

maddog

Brilliant! Although that could apply to most of the strikers he played against back in the day.

turlykerd

i think this is all unfare on the two

as they have around a 50 yard gap between themselves and the rest of the team, and a bunch of midfielders that seem to hit a forcefield
or brainfreeze when the idea of playing the ball forwards to them to create a chance .

Madine's knock down for our goal on saturday showed he's more than capable but i think it was the only decent ball into the box he had ?

and lets not forget that andy cole had a bazzillion chances per game whilst playing in a world class fluent man u (spit) team

Gazolba

Can you imagine all the goals we'd score if we could just keep Miller and Madine in the same side? Two of the best finishers that Pressley has ever seen in the same 11? We'd be invincible, scoring from everywhere on the pitch.

It's no good having good finishers if there is nothing to finish. It's the job of everyone behind the strikers to get the ball forward to either score themselves or to set up the strikers to score. It's the latter where we have significantly failed.

Last edited:

Evo1883

So pressley chose these tmo iconic figures as two of the best finishers he has ever seen ....classic

ajsccfc

i think this is all unfare on the two

as they have around a 50 yard gap between themselves and the rest of the team, and a bunch of midfielders that seem to hit a forcefield
or brainfreeze when the idea of playing the ball forwards to them to create a chance .

Madine's knock down for our goal on saturday showed he's more than capable but i think it was the only decent ball into the box he had ?

and lets not forget that andy cole had a bazzillion chances per game whilst playing in a world class fluent man u (spit) team

Sherry or gin?

Users who are viewing this thread