The Believers movement. (1 Viewer)

tomreagna

Undoubtedly this weekend has been a massive kick in the balls.

The way I calculate it we need a win at Burnley to stand any chance of survival now.

However, they're a mid-table team playing for nothing, we were unlucky on saturday and looked exhausted on monday. Given a week off and our recent upturn in form, we can certainly win.

Bristol's next two games look tough, conpared to ours. We've been here before, and let down before, but Saturday is a must win. Overalll though if you look at our position at xmas,we'd have all taken our current position come April.

We beat Burnley and we've got two winnable home games.

The great escape is still on.

We are Coventry City, snatching mediocrity out of the jaws of disaster is what we do. Admittedly we could have made it easier, but that'd be dull.

If we get behind the team, survival is still on!

TheRoyalScam

Although I tend to agree with you, if we can beat Burnley then unfortunately so can Bristol!

tomreagna

Looking at the fixtures on the final day, i'm pretty sure we need to beat Burnley or its curtains.

But we can do it.

tomreagna

Replying to my own thread, which is sad, but sums up the state of our affairs.

Come on, I can't be the only delusional fuck that thinks we can do it!

tomreagna

We're going down
Who gives a fuck
We're coventry city
and we'll come back up

That was our attitude 10 years ago and we' yet to come back.

We're better at surviving than we are at being a phoenix.

I started this thread to improve my mood, its sinking rapidly.

I know we're cov supporters, but I'm sure we give our best when he shit's about to (already) hit the fan!

AFCCOVENTRY

I can see Bristol beating West Ham... they are dodgy at the moment.

9 points is what we need.

Let's see how the players react on Sat.

canleykid

To be honest we need to win all and hope others faulter,we had our own destiny in our hands and threw it away,how many more chances do we want

oakey

As those who assumed we would beat Peterborough were wrong, so those who assume Bristol will beat Barnsley or Burnley may be wrong.
PUSB

swanageskyblue

Replying to my own thread, which is sad, but sums up the state of our affairs.

Come on, I can't be the only delusional fuck that thinks we can do it!
I felt bad at the end of the Peterboro game, stunned that we had let it slip so near the end. But that was nothing compared to Monday - the first half went like a dream, both on the pitch and being part of the great SBA support, but as soon as they caught us cold after the break, it was only heading for defeat. It is a long long time since I felt so dejected about a defeat as on Saturday - we just had nothing left to offer and half the team looked to be carrying injuries.

One day on, I'm beginning to think that it is not all over and we can still escape, but we cannot afford to lose any more "must not lose" matches - and the next 3 fall into that category.

All we can do is carry on hoping and supporting, that is what makes us City fans.

AFCCOVENTRY

I was hoping Reading lost tonight so Saints would be Champions by the time we played them... may still happen

jghccfc

TBH to stay up we need to WIN last 4 games.......if we cant even beat Peterborough or Bristol City we have NO f****in chance!!!

tomreagna

Obviously its out of our hands now, but BC's next two are Brum and West Ham. 7 points from the next 3 games'll give us a fighting chance and hopefully saints'll be promoted by then.

In the interests of full disclosure, i should state, southampton are my 2nd team. I spent years watching them get beat, the way I see it they owe me a favour!

Brighton Sky Blue

The truth is that we are at a point in the season where unexpected results seem to be flying up from all over the place. We were absolutely terrible yesterday and will struggle to amass anything playing like that-but play like the 2nd half of Saturday and you never know. We've given Bristol the momentum on a plate and need a huge amount to go our way to emerge safe-it's not curtains yet, but Brizzle are far from infalliable and may yet let us in once more; if they do, we absolutely have to take it.

tomreagna

Agreed, this is the last chance saloon!

My fondest memory of city is an away win against spurs on the last day of the season, that kept us in the premiership against all odds. I think williams scored the winner though I may be wrong.

We can do it again!

tomreagna

Going to bed, but predict a 1.3 victory against Burnley. Will stake my left ear on it.

Willing to receive any reciprocal bets.

rob9872

Going to bed, but predict a 1.3 victory against Burnley. Will stake my left ear on it.

Willing to receive any reciprocal bets.

ok I'll stake your right ear then

rob9872

** awaits post of "pardon" ;)

Users who are viewing this thread