The ball is now firmly with ACL and the Council

Discussion in 'Coventry City General Chat' started by Voice_of_Reason, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Voice_of_Reason

Voice_of_Reason Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £390.08
    If we want CCFC to play at the Ricoh only the Council and ACL can make this happen-- it's the only way now. Pressure therefore now on ACL and the Council ?

2. Otis

Otis Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £1,789.45
    Agree.

They have to act in the best interest of Coventry City football fans.

3. Pubboy

Pubboy New Member

Credit:
    £75.00
    Agree they have to act in the best interest of the fans, but how the hell can it just be down to ACL? Did you read what Joy apparently said about the only way we would play at the Ricoh?????? If that's true, unless ACL bend over, give SISU the stadium, and let Joy slip them a fattie, they will not negotiate.

4. jan87

jan87 Member

Credit:
    £75.00
    Have I missed something, Sisu do not want to play at the Ricoh. I believe if the arena was offered to them totally free they would turn it down

5. RFC

RFC Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £133.50
    I regret to have to say but 'the ball has been in their court' for a very long time.

Personally I don't think the CCC have ever been bothered whether
    CCFC play at the Ricoh or not and they've just used ACL like a 'political football' all along!

6. Steve.B50

Steve.B50 Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £177.50
    They still,have an offer on the table, maybe send that out again and send copy to FL?

7. ohitsaidwalker king power

ohitsaidwalker king power Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £177.25
    Sorry don't agree VOR...Didn't Joy allegedly say... "if you want us back.. hand over the keys..."... and SISU call ACL intransigent.... beggars belief.

8. leicesterskyblue

leicesterskyblue New Member

Credit:
    £100.00
    Actually CCC have no responsibility to act in the best interest of football fans, they have a responsibility to act in the best interest of tax payers....250,000 + live in cov...on a JPT day we number 35,000...

If they do the right thing they'll walk away until SISU have definitely gone.

9. Otis

Otis Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £1,789.45
    Thing is, for all these business people (on both sides) purporting to be clever, the answer in so many ways, lies on the pitch!

If Sisu accepted a £150,000 rent without any F&B revenue and no chance of any part ownership, but managed to put a winning side on the pitch we would regularly get 15,000+ turning up regularly. We did that and the club would start making money and the sale of the club would be so much more viable.

We know for big games we could easily have 20,000 turning up. Besides the off field mismanagement for the past 20 years, we have also had a football team that has consistently failed.

If Sisu want out then if we had a winning team out on the pitch they would get their wish. This would of course have to be in tandem with ACL selling the arena to an 'acceptable' bidder.

10. Tonylinc

Tonylinc Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £108.62
    Shitzu....sorry Odious, have absolutely no intention of opening negotiations with anybody to again play at the Ricoh. Quite frankly, I don't know what their exit strategy is any more!

11. stupot07

stupot07 Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £1,886.52
    Key word there...

12. ohitsaidwalker king power

Credit:
    £177.25
    and do you think she wouldn't... does the evidence suggest that its a likely allegation or merely speculation?

13. stupot07

Credit:
    £1,886.52
    Not saying that, just saying there is no proof that she actually said it.....

14. ohitsaidwalker king power

Credit:
    £177.25
    agree..... but on the balance of probability......

15. valiant15

valiant15 New Member

Credit:
    £100.00
    Fuck off shitzu.

16. Oz Howie

Oz Howie Member

Credit:
    £50.00
    The ball is firmly with the supporters. All they need to do is continue denying any revenue to Shitzu and starve the bastards out of our club.

17. Voice_of_Reason

Credit:
    £390.08
    The only way to resolve supporters differing opinions is for ACL and the Council for them to offer SISU a deal SISU woul find difficult to refuse. Then, and only then, will we know SISU's intentions for sure rather than guessing. Come on ACL/Council - the ball is firmly in your court now.

18. Spionkop

Spionkop Active Member

Credit:
    £75.00
    VOR, normally I agree with most of what you say, but not this time. You are wide of the mark.
    It's got to be SISU OUT before we can make any progress.
    The leaks coming out from the meeting that Seppalla was present at this week tell us all we need to know. If we didn't already know it.
    VOR - ...only then will we know Sisu's intentions for sure....' Oh my god, come on my friend. Surely......
    I can't believe you said that. Can we have the real VOR back please!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  19. SkyBlueScottie

SkyBlueScottie Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £351.24
    I wonder if PHIV has ever contacted SISU and enquired as to what it would take to buy the club.

20. Voice_of_Reason

Credit:
    £390.08
    I agree to a certain extent but I think SISU will sell once they have a deal on the Ricoh.. until then I don't think anyone will want to buy SISU. If it takes this to get SISU OUT, so be it. The other way is to starve SISU of income (NOPM) but unfortunately there are those who will still go to Sexfields and put money in it's coffers and SISU has allowed for limited income (or so they say!)

21. Spionkop

Spionkop Active Member

Credit:
    £75.00
    VOR, well let's trust that the attendance at Sixfields next Sunday will be utterly pathetic. I'm thinking maybe 700. But of course Bristol will bring a few and distort the true figure.
    I would estimate about 600 (very misguided and wrong) city supporters.
    Would imagine with smaller teams visiting crowds will slump to around 500 very quickly. On a cold night in January it could drop as low as 250.
    Expect Sisu to try and massage the figures.
    If any City fans are contemplating going, please don't. Surely you can see what's going on.

22. The Penguin

The Penguin Active Member

Credit:
    £98.50
    Now we know what the Cobblers do with the ground in the summer.

Hope word of this doesn't get around to all the fans or they'll be inundated with season ticket requests.

:pimp:

23. longjohnskyblue

longjohnskyblue New Member

Credit:
    £100.00
    Unbelievable!

Acl did give sisu an offer - the very value sisu claimed was average rent for league 1 - yet they still refuse! How can people be either so blinkered, that after years of having evidence after evidence of sisu breaking their word, all of a sudden whatever sisu says is the truth! If you havew given up the fight fine fook off to sixfields - that is your right. But to say the only way forward is take it up the wrong un from sisu. When confronted with a bully you have to stand up to them. The FL didn't and look where it got us.

NOPM is the only way forward now. Protests never work, banners are ignored, the FL is spineless. History shows it is money that talks! Fisher assumes after 3 weeks the crowds will return and they will have won. They have made it dead easy to avoid now! You are going to have to go out of your way to support sisu now! How can you come on here and even suggest what you have suggested?

NOPM

24. The Prefect

The Prefect Active Member

Credit:
    £100.00
    I have to disagree with this VoR. There are two parties to any agreement. Agreements are made (usually) after negotiation.

I don't see much evidence that SISU want to agree to or negotiate anything.

25. Voice_of_Reason

Credit:
    £390.08
    With respect, the offer SISU made was to CCFC Ltd whilst in Administration, not Otium. I agree starve SISU of income (NOPM) but I still think ACL/Council has further room to call SISU's bluff. I want SISU OUT, but the only way out is for SISU to sell -- SISU has more chance of selling if it has something worth buying ? I WON'T put a single penny more into SISU's pocket, but there is more than one way to skin a cat !

26. stupot07

Credit:
    £1,886.52
    It's also not clear whether dropping the judicial review is a condition of the rent offer or just part of the CVA..

27. SkyBlueBlood

SkyBlueBlood Active Member

Credit:
    £75.00
    I thought they already had at £150k per year, but SISU probably saw this deal as a great opportunity to get it for £100k by making us dead certs for another relegation.

28. Sky Blue Kid

Sky Blue Kid Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £0.00
    VoR says..... With respect, the offer SISU made was to CCFC Ltd whilst in Administration, not Otium. I agree starve SISU of income (NOPM) but I still think ACL/Council has further room to call SISU's bluff. I want SISU OUT, but the only way out is for SISU to sell -- SISU has more chance of selling if it has something worth buying ? I WON'T put a single penny more into SISU's pocket, but there is more than one way to skin a cat !............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................I say....You must be even more confused with the goings on VoR! Take a look at the 5th word that you've written. Shouldn't that be ACL?

29. Sky Blue Kid

Sky Blue Kid Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £0.00
    This is a question and not a statement. 1) Is it possible that not only the FL, ACL/CCC,and Paul Appleton could have been threatened with "Law Suits" if they did not comply with what they(SISU/Otium)want? After what PWKH has posted on this forum(I have no reason to disbelieve what he says) I would say that now is the time for the Government,FA and PFA to step in for the sake of Football clubs and legitimate businesses throughout the world

30. Voice_of_Reason

Credit:
    £390.08
    Yep ! I'm going nuts trying to keep up ! lol

31. Wm65

Wm65 Member

Credit:
    £100.00
    I think the only way sisu will return is if they own the ground - acl would have to cut their losses and admit defeat handing the keys to joy - that is the only way the club will return to the ricoh - if not get a new team and start from scratch as Newport and wimbledon did.

32. Stevec189

Stevec189 Member

Credit:
    £102.50
    By the time SISU have finished it will be a new team! #NOPM PUSB

33. deanocity3

deanocity3 New Member

Credit:
    £100.00
    What would they do with the ricoh then, asset strip that too. are you blind. They are in the asset stripping business, not on running a football club

34. stupot07

Credit:
    £1,886.52
    I've got visions of them unscrewing each seat and selling them on eBay......tbf there are quite a few going spare