The bad times, the good times.... (1 Viewer)

NortonSkyBlue

It is easy to support a winning team and although three wins on the spin is great it doesn't take away the fact we are a third division side without a ground of our own and with a deep seated distrust of our owners.
We have had some lows, some bad times, horrendous and without parallel in my lifetime, but it is time to cherish the good times and whatever the future holds the team is worth getting behind.
We could be in a similar situation to Nuneaton Borough at the end of the season and be in the totally bizarre position of being a championship club without a home.
Something is happening on the pitch and we need to lobby to make sure our club is secure for the medium and long term.

pastythegreat

I honestly think it'd be social suicide for w***s if they turned their back on us and turfed us out of the Ricoh. Even more so if we got promoted and were going to be playing championship football next season.
A club that is clearly struggling on and off the pitch that relies on the local support of Coventry and Warwickshire folk. Folk who have more of a connection to and affinity with CCFC than they do some egg chasers from that London. In terms of how much money we bring them from rent, F&B and parking ext is by the by. But from the 10k locals that buy merchandise, STs, and support them every week. Can they really afford to risk losing them over a silly dispute between SISU and Cov Council?

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Warwickhunt

we will have bought Nuneatons Ground by the end of the season LOL

Covstu

I honestly think it'd be social suicide for w***s if they turned their back on us and turfed us out of the Ricoh. Even more so if we got promoted and were going to be playing championship football next season.
A club that is clearly struggling on and off the pitch that relies on the local support of Coventry and Warwickshire folk. Folk who have more of a connection to and affinity with CCFC than they do some egg chasers from that London. In terms of how much money we bring them from rent, F&B and parking ext is by the by. But from the 10k locals that buy merchandise, STs, and support them every week. Can they really afford to risk losing them over a silly dispute between SISU and Cov Council?

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk
I think the frustrating this is that a lot of idiots would still blame SISU over wasps even if they did evict us!

hill83

Have faith

_71867071_71867070.jpg

skybluetony176

Have faith

_71867071_71867070.jpg

Just seeing that image brings it all back at what a shitty charade that whole “we’re building our own stadium” bollocks was. Self imposed deadlines that came and went, announcement in 3 weeks, months, New Year etc, we have full plans drawn up which turned out to be a generic artist impression, the bullshit stadium consultation group, Mark Labovich with his minister for disinformation radio interviews, Mark Labovich with his open meeting that never happened, just Mark Labovich, Tim walking hector looking for badger shit, we’ve narrowed it down to three sites, we’re talking to this authority that authority this agency that agency all of which was called out twice IIRC with FOI’s and put their nonsense on the same scale as Dale Evans, fucking around CRFC to the point where they have to publicly state that they won’t deal with SISU. I’m sure I’ve missed loads as well. What a bunch of cockroaches.

hill83

Just seeing that image brings it all back at what a shitty charade that whole “we’re building our own stadium” bollocks was. Self imposed deadlines that came and went, announcement in 3 weeks, months, New Year etc, we have full plans drawn up which turned out to be a generic artist impression, the bullshit stadium consultation group, Mark Labovich with his minister for disinformation radio interviews, Mark Labovich with his open meeting that never happened, just Mark Labovich, Tim walking hector looking for badger shit, we’ve narrowed it down to three sites, we’re talking to this authority that authority this agency that agency all of which was called out twice IIRC with FOI’s and put their nonsense on the same scale as Dale Evans, fucking around CRFC to the point where they have to publicly state that they won’t deal with SISU. I’m sure I’ve missed loads as well. What a bunch of cockroaches.

PARK LIFE

Covstu

How about getting behind the team all the time?

Novel idea, I know.
You got to the cricket and I have never seen anyone boo or chant anything about the team. It helps the players but I guess different culture

shmmeee

I think the frustrating this is that a lot of idiots would still blame SISU over wasps even if they did evict us!

No the frustrating thing would be a proud club we all support would have no place to play. Come on man, is it really so friendly and nice on here we have to invent future scenarios to get annoyed at?

Covstu

No the frustrating thing would be a proud club we all support would have no place to play. Come on man, is it really so friendly and nice on here we have to invent future scenarios to get annoyed at?
Let’s talk in May....

Evo1883

We’ve had 2 good /decent seasons in the last 3 , and a relegation .
It’s better and more exciting than finishing 17th every year .
Hopefully a good season this year and we’ve had a pretty good time of late

Ashdown

SISU were fucking the club up well before wasps upped sticks and came North. The pests took advantage of the shit storm and stand off between Joy and the council, they shouldn't be here at all but SISU shouldn't have gone around spouting bullshit about a new stadium either.

Ashdown

Quite !!..... absolute bunch of liars and scumbags !

Users who are viewing this thread