The Backlash Begins... (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Am

I went to the Ricoh today to finally buy the new ccfc shirt for the new season and the guy getting served before me was in a very angry mood asking for the manager for a fund on his shirt as he had the number 9 and king on his shirt and had two smaller shirts with the same guessing was for his kids...His argument was that he brought the shirt with the knowledge that King was going to be here next season I felt bad for the manager who probably will be expecting this complaint a lot in the coming weeks. Don't know what the result of this argument was as he was moved aside and I was able to buy my shirt but if the man happens to be a user on this forum would like to know if you got a refund or just a sorry cant help you sir?

hackneyfox

Putting King on the back of your own shirt shows a lack of class, doing it to your kids should mean social services getting involved.
Surely the kids must ask what the songs are about when they hear them?

covkid69

this is the exact reason i didn't have king or number 9 on my new shirt....just wasn't going to take the chance as i know the mess that usually surrounds ccfc in everything that goes on regarding transfers/contracts etc

mattylad

If he had king on his shirt when no contract was in place he is an idiot and deserves no sympathy, the fact a verbal agreement was announced with king is irrelevant. The only people who might have something to answer for are the people in the shop who could have advised it was a poor decision but even then they would only be minimally at fault compared to the guy who brought the shirt. He gambled on king signing and lost

Regis87

But why would anyone spend that kind of money on shirt and printing until he had signed ? Fecking stupid if you ask me

bamalamafizzfazz

Will the club refund my goalkeeper shirt with Westwood on the back that I bought last summer as we are keeping the same gk kit for next season? :p

ajsccfc

Why would anyone buy the shirt with ANY player on the back before the 2011/12 squad numbers are released anyway? I saw someone with Hussey 14, and considering he's our first choice leftback and the number 3 is now available, it seems a bit of a gamble.

LarryGrayson

cos are fans are eejits lol

Sky Blue Luke

How stupid do you have to be to have a name of a player who dosent have a contact? Idiots.

Have to (slightly) agree with this, couldn't of they waited until he actually signed (or didn't) before they got their shirts?

A 'verbal agreement' means fuck all.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Can see the fans argument, but would hope that the club dont give in and refund him!

More fool the fans IMO who brought shirts with King on their back, let alone anyone having a name and number, which may change (remember Gunnarson few seasons back?? Same thing then, and I dont think the club did refunds when that happened!)

ajsccfc

There was a Reading fan who bought a shirt with the player who went to Germany (don't remember the name) and kicked up a big stink. Reading acquiesced before taking it to court, but I think he'd had the shirt a while so he should have lost. I believe that legally you have two weeks with any purchase where you can return it so any shirts bought in the wake of the 'good news' would count.

Someone may be able to correct this, it's mostly guesswork and assumption.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Why didn't people just wait until he actually signed?? It's so obviously the thing to do it annoys me people are silly enough to actually go out and do it and then complain to CCFC

Sky Blue Luke

There was a Reading fan who bought a shirt with the player who went to Germany (don't remember the name) and kicked up a big stink. Reading acquiesced before taking it to court, but I think he'd had the shirt a while so he should have lost. I believe that legally you have two weeks with any purchase where you can return it so any shirts bought in the wake of the 'good news' would count.

Someone may be able to correct this, it's mostly guesswork and assumption.

Gylfi Sigurdsson? I kinda remember that story too.

Tankie

We took him to our Hearts and made him feel welcome, he acknowledged, the fans as being great to him, he won awards from the fans, and led us to believe he was signing, when all the time he was looking elsewhere, "and they call us Fickle"
Marlon.. no offence mate, But I hope your next Bowel movement is a Hedgehog..:eek::eek::eek::eek:

fellatio_Martinez

If your shirt has King on it, just get the shop to print "wan" in front of King.

Then you'll look less of a twat.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Am

I forgot to add that i brought a plain short sleeve shirt with no names or numbers even was tempted to get Turner :)

Users who are viewing this thread