The audacity of Pompey?Apleton (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Proclaiming they will sign players, be a big fish in league 1 etc etc.

Are they no still in admin and in more debt than even we are?

It makes my skin crawl.

The Saint123

they are an absolute disgrace

local schools, poppy appeal, local business etc etc are owed thousands...yet they crack on and get new players in......they literally have no shame

Otis

Administrator saying they only have a 50/50 chance of surviving at the moment.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
You sure????? :thinking about:

They haven't paid back a penny of the previous CVA.

I'd guess the choc teapot Football League's rules don't cover additional penalties for clubs agreeing to come out of admin via a CVA but then defaulting on that CVA...

Plug

Add to that the odd cancer charity or 2 and yes that abomination of a club is truly despicable.

However, their creditors meeting was earlier today and former owner Balram Chainrai has vowed the club will not go bust (largely due to the £18m + loan interest he would like back) and keep them limping on.

I predict that they will indeed start the season but with at least a 15 point deduction and basically playing kids. A subsequent relegation will follow (good) until a new buyer is found.

In the meantime, the one factor I see coming to the forefront is the councils planning restriction on Fratton park which currently forbids anything other than football. As Chainrai hols a debenture over the ground, I believe he will challenge the planning ruling in the high court. If successful, he will asset-strip away.

Easy 6 points for you next season.

rob9872

As I understood it all those who had agreed 10p in the pound last time that remaion unpaid now have 10 p in the pound of their 10p so that's 1p in the pound. Utter disgrace how it is allowed to have happened. They are culpable but the footballing rules must take its share of the blame and if they are wound up I think should foot the bill to the charities and schools as a minimum.

Brighton Sky Blue

Somewhere there is a full and comprehensive list of every creditor to Pompey and the amount owed-the length and content is unbelievable. They owe schools nearly £100k each in some cases for using their facilities to train; they owe local catering businesses similar amounts for unpaid food bills. It's bloody disgraceful, and Pompey fans crying foul of the Football League need to realise that the club has shafted plenty of their own. I don't see Appleton volunteering a salary cut-but he's happy to see 35 people made redundant so long as he can sign a few players in the summer.

One word for you Michael: Arsehole.

skyblueinBaku

They will need to sign players (or start using kids from the academy like we did) because of the expected mass exodus of regular first team players. Wait for Appleton to start moaning about how unfair it is.

Users who are viewing this thread