The apprentice 2019 (1 Viewer)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Our very own Chris Coleman gets the boot first week.

Sick Boy

Had the misfortune of watching a minute of this last night for the first time, bunch of morons.

Liquid Gold

He's obviously a twat but the longer the baddies stay in the better. It gets stale if it's only ones looking half competent left.

The format has gone a bit flat though. I don't like the whole business partner thing that the cockney ballbag insists on after he hired someone that sued him. It essentially means the 12 weeks are pointless as he's picking the proposal he likes not the person. Last year letting them both win was a shambles too.

fellatio_Martinez

The format has gone a bit flat though. I don't like the whole business partner thing that the cockney ballbag insists on after he hired someone that sued him. It essentially means the 12 weeks are pointless as he's picking the proposal he likes not the person. Last year letting them both win was a shambles too.

Yep. That's the exact reason the show has gone stale. I watched a few of the older series back recently and the candidates were desperate to get a job with Alan Sugar. They looked genuinely upset when they had to leave. The selection process took ages but it weeded out the weak candidates and provided hilarious back stabbing and tension. Up until series 7 the show was very strong because the format was brilliant and the candidates were there for the right reasons.

Now it's just another reality show. Sugar knows which business idea is the best from the get go.

Losing Nick and Margaret hasn't helped either.

shmmeee

Haven’t watched it in years, the absolute state of Sugar these days doesn’t really make me want to. Didn’t realise the format change was his request either.

rob9872

I quite like the cockney fella, in fact I'd go as far as to say he's one of my early favourites but will never win unless his business idea is mint. He's straight talking and gets on with it. All this pretend to be your friend and knife you in the back stuff is considerably worse and the women as usual, are utterly horrendous, bickering, arguing and downright disrespectful. Nobody behaves like that in the real world, but it happens every series on here.

Otis

That's the fun, it's a load of deluded wankers talking about how they're absolute business geniuses and then cut to them asking 'how many pounds is in a tenner?'
Yep, that is exactly why I like it. It's just pure entertainment these days. Not to be taken seriously.

Otis

I also gave to say that Tom Allen is very refreshing as the new host of You're Fired. Seems the perfect fit.

Otis

move bot bothered with ‘you’re fired’ for some seasons now. Never been much of a fan of Rhod Gilbert anyway and he was just shockingly annoying presenting that
Not as bad as Jack Dee, who was just a very bad fit for the program.

Dara O'Brian used to be very good. Had lost a lot of interest these past couple of years, but I thought Tom Allen was perfect and brought new life to it all.

fellatio_Martinez

I can't be arsed with it, as much as the contestants are cunts I don't think they're in the same league as Brady and Sugar

I find Brady particularly odious. Sitting there with her smug bulldog chewing a wasp face emitting zero charisma.

The fact that Sugar's chair sits on a wooden platform so he doesn't look small sums him up but saying all that I still watch it when I can. It's better than most shit on prime time British TV.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
This is the first series that I won't bother with it. It just gets sillier and sillier.

JulianDarbyFTW

The contestants seem to get more arrogant each year. It's more enjoyable when you have a healthy mix of reasonable, normal people and a few ego-driven maniacs. This time around they all seem like they're off their nuts with narcissism. Going for extreme personalities is what killed Big Brother (which was actually OK for the first series or two) and is going to end up killing this too.

fellatio_Martinez

The contestants seem to get more arrogant each year. It's more enjoyable when you have a healthy mix of reasonable, normal people and a few ego-driven maniacs. This time around they all seem like they're off their nuts with narcissism. Going for extreme personalities is what killed Big Brother (which was actually OK for the first series or two) and is going to end up killing this too.

Since the format change the selection process is to get one investible person and 13 nutters.

fellatio_Martinez

Did it formally change, FM, or has it just evolved?

Yeah, well it used to be a competition for a job in Sugar's business empire and now it's based on getting an investment from him based on the candidates product or business plan.

The original format worked perfectly because it was a drawn out job interview whereas since the prize has changed the format doesn't make sense anymore. It's more akin to The Dragons' Den where they make a decision in ten minutes.

The best example of how it's gone wrong is from when the prize changed in series 7. The winner Tom was on the losing team almost every week but somehow was never fired and we later found out it was because he had a great product and would make Sugar millions.

So what's the point in 10 weeks of this process if he already knows who has the best business plan? It's made the whole premise pretty redundant.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Yeah, well it used to be a competition for a job in Sugar's business empire and now it's based on getting an investment from him based on the candidates product or business plan.

The original format worked perfectly because it was a drawn out job interview whereas since the prize has changed the format doesn't make sense anymore. It's more akin to The Dragons' Den where they make a decision in ten minutes.

The best example of how it's gone wrong is from when the prize changed in series 7. The winner Tom was on the losing team almost every week but somehow was never fired and we later found out it was because he had a great product and would make Sugar millions.

So what's the point in 10 weeks of this process if he already knows who has the best business plan? It's made the whole premise pretty redundant.
Of course, yes i remember now - they used to get a job selling Amstrad computers or something, didn't they?
I wonder if it changed after he had been dragged through that protracted claim for constructive dismissal by Stella English - once bitten, etc, etc! She lost, with the Tribunal Judge saying the case should never have been brought, but she successfully defended Sugar's counter-claim for his legal bill of 50 grand.

fellatio_Martinez

Of course, yes i remember now - they used to get a job selling Amstrad computers or something, didn't they?
I wonder if it changed after he had been dragged through that protracted claim for constructive dismissal by Stella English - once bitten, etc, etc! She lost, with the Tribunal Judge saying the case should never have been brought, but she successfully defended Sugar's counter-claim for his legal bill of 50 grand.

From what I know Sugar would send them to various parts of his business. I think some complained that they were just given a desk and no work to do but for £100k I'd happily sit on my arse. I'd even do some overtime.

Users who are viewing this thread