'THE AFTER MATCH THREAD' put it here guys! (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Save all the chasing around.....there will be so much comment from everyone just put it all here ;)

ccfcway

latest chap on cwr

"the players havent got the heart and desire to stay in this division"

Paxman II

Though i dislike this man from what i have seen and heard I would probably be content if mick mccarthy cam e in and galvanised the club. It may be the experience and elder statesman like figure we need. I don't beleive I'm saying it but Wise on the other hand without Poyet may be a risk too far as he is more of a volatile character.
I'm weary of 'experienced mangers just as much as trainees. Boothroyd and Dowie are classic cases but Mick McCarthy has managed at the higest level and has bags of knowledge and knowhow. Always beleived he was on a hiding to nothing at Wolves.
Think he will get somewhere else though than us and would cost a penny too much as he is still 'relative'

That leaves us with wise, blackwell and the like to choose from. Not easy for Fisher is it?

sky_blue_up_north

latest chap on cwr

"the players havent got the heart and desire to stay in this division"

I totally agree with that, we were second to every ball today, Crewe wanted far more than us.

torchomatic

on the train at marylebone. I take it from the hysteria that we didnt play well?

Otis

Err, well put it this way, we won our first corner in the 90th minute and hardly had any shots on goal.

Diehard Si

I'm fairly distgusted right now. Fed up with the performance, letting 3 more points slip, the fans booing our players and talk of some City fans punching a special needs Crewe kid.

Makes you proud to support Ccfc.

torchomatic

Ah, thanks Otis.

Err, well put it this way, we won our first corner in the 90th minute and hardly had any shots on goal.

Paxman II

The big question now is do they avoid a knee jerk reaction and make the same old mistakes again or give Shaw a few more games and see if he does indeed get this sorry lot sorted out and start winning? It's a very long season and frankly after all todays results there are no run away leaders in this league yet.
The only problem I have with that though is Shaw had everything in his armoury today after Tuesdays's success and had a strong bench but he failed to even get a performance from the players he wishes to manage? I'm inclined to say go back to what you were doing with Carsley and keep learning as you are clearly not ready yet. His aftermatch interview really only helped me realise his appointment is too soon for him.

skybluejack10

can't really comment on murphy, made 1 good save but had no protection throughout the match from the defence.
clarke puts in no effort out wide on the attack and doesn't get back to defend, should be replaced by christie, end of.
brown and edjenguele only decent players today, did what they had to do, although first half we still didn't deal with crosses that came into the box. Brown looks much more comfortable in the central role. edjenguele strong again
hussey was just awful, had no confidence, offered nothing attacking or defensively, decided to play hoof ball every time he got the ball towards the end. not been good enough this season
jennings i thought was okay, did his job, but still not the kind of performance you'd expect, there were worse players, such as kilbane and baker who should of come off instead
kilbane, took bad to a whole new level!
baker, his blue smarties have worn out, back to sam old unfortunately. Missed a sitter in first half too
barton decent first half, but bit to much of a show off and takes to long to lay it and is too scared of losing possession! didn't even realise he was playing 2nd half again
Cody didn't do alot but still surprised he came off! much better player than elliot
elliot put a bit of effort in but just another clone of odonovan in my opinion, can't see him being prolific, should be impact player
Mcgoldrick looked decent when he came on, had 2 cracking efforts go agonizingly close
mcsheffrey, not even worth commenting on...
ball didn't do an awful lot

there were some bizzare players on the bench! a keeper (dunn), a defender (wood), another defender (christie), an attacking midfielder (mcsheffrey), 3 strikers (ball, mcgoldrick and o donovan) why so many forwards?
clarke doesn't even compare to christie or willis to be honest.

we offered nothing defensively, were the biggest club in the league and defend as though were the smallest
created nothing going forward and switched to hoof ball half way to second half
absolutely no width and no confidence.
Not a patch on how we were tuesday which again is same old same old...
at least we now know shaw's not the right man, it's got to be wise for me, perhaps dyche, and unrealistic but abbott would be perfect.

psgm1

Banned
Looks like the "Thorn is a great scout" myth has finally been put to rest in the same was thorn was a good manager!

Saying that, apart from the lack ofspeed, ability, tactical knowledge, goal scoring ability, bottle, fitness, and the ability to work as a team Thorn has brought together a good bunch of lads!

Considering they will count the season tickets for every game (5500) then add away fans (lets be generous say average 1000), so anything above 6500 is the amount of people the team will attract for each game.

Will be very interesting to see what the next home gate is.

Hateley's Heed

there were some bizzare players on the bench! a keeper (dunn), a defender (wood), another defender (christie), an attacking midfielder (mcsheffrey), 3 strikers (ball, mcgoldrick and o donovan) why so many forwards?

Personally think that's a good mix for the bench. Bearing injuries this options provides a couple of defenders in case you want to tighten things at the back to protect a lead but more importantly attacking options if you need to chase the game.

Users who are viewing this thread