The Academy (1 Viewer)

mark82

Can't see why they can't just train at Ryton. We'd save ourself some money that way.

Presumably it doesn't have the required facilities for the grading we have. Maybe classroom or parents waiting room. It's also more accessible to the lads and their families at Higgs.

SBchimp

Academy home games (U10,12,14) are being played this week at Warwick Uni instead of the Higgs, with the away games in Cardiff at their Uni pitches as usual.
This is all being seen as short term until everyone has their heads banged together.

However with the exception of an indoor area, I think Warwick Uni could make for a far better long term option for the Academy than the Higgs as their connection with ACL etc. is clearly causing friction across every level of the club.

Lets hope that with all the battles going on a stray shell doesn't damage the future of our club.

skybluesam66

pwkh- higgs centre and higgs charity have no trustees in common
cov tel - pwkh is secretary of higgs centre

maybe no common trustees - but certainly a common executive - who may seem open on here, but i think has his own agenda

TheRoyalScam

maybe no common trustees - but certainly a common executive - who may seem open on here, but i think has his own agenda

And what do you think 'his own agenda' is exactly?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I just wonder who is writing these articles in the CT and to what purpose :facepalm:

A Trust has Trustees and a clerk to the Trustees. A limited company has directors and a company secretary.

PWKH is Clerk to the Trustees of the Alan Edward Higgs Charity and yes is Trustee and secretary to the Trustees of the Alan Higgs Centre Trust. Cllr Mutton is a Trustee not a director but so too are Joe Elliott and David Shortland who are both closely linked to CCFC - I cant comment on Mr Haswell or Mr Hall

That aside the Alan Higgs Centre Trust own the property but they do not operate it.

The Alan Higgs Centre is operated by Coventry Sports Foundation and none of the above are trustees, directors, secretary or clerk to that organisation.

"But sources close to Mr Appleton said the administrator had not pulled the plug on academy training sessions at the Higgs centre.
A source said the administrator had indicated there was nothing to prevent CCFC (Holdings) Ltd using the centre for the academy, claiming Holdings had always paid the bills for it."

Errrr if CCFC Holdings do not have either a contract or a booking to use the Alan Higgs Centre how exactly do they have a right to use it? Has the administrator told the Alan Higgs Centre it can not pay for any bookings ? well you would expect so considering it has no income and apparently is a non trading property subsidiary. If CCFC H is the trading part then how is it Mr Appleton can comment for them - he hasnt been appointed to CCFCH (yet, if ever)

Just irks me that the piece in the CT turns it around to insinuate blame to the Alan Higgs Centre Trust (and those involved) for this ...... when the reality is that the contract was broken when ARVO appointed an administrator to a company that has no cash and apparently no need to use the facilities............. but hey why let the facts get in the way of a story.

I sincerely hope the academy can be kept going thats the important thing

** edit
the dispute doesnt centre on who pays the bill it centers on who has a contract to use the facilities. Also you can only have a football league academy if you own the football league share - CCFC H certainly didnt up intil 23/06/12 and the contract has been going for years so you have to think it was with CCFC Ltd dont you irrespective of who paid the bill. You can not transfer a contract with out agreement of the provider. CT & Mr Appleton honestly this is very basic stuff that should be very clear

http://www.charityperformance.com/charity-details.php?id=17297

Last edited:

James Smith

But I'd bet he doesn't have any say over anything
EDIT or what OSB said and better than me too.

mattylad

PWKH on CWR said owed £12,000 re equipment maintenance and won't do deal with CCFC H unless it agrees to cover thay money owed by CCFC L. Says have written to CCFC H and heard nothing back. Asked by Clive if playing silly buggers said no must protect higgs centre. For me I do understand the stance bcos I employ the same and just got to keep fingers crossed that it does not hurt the kids.

dplzll

academy

Can confirm (son is at the academy)their fixtures are on this sunday, for the age groups playing away . no mention of the 10-12 or 14, age groups who are supposed to be playing at the higgs???. Absolute disgrace,telegraph is printing quotes from pressley how the academy is the future,but the kids have no where to play or train.come on tell us the truth,the cov fans deserve at least that

TheRoyalScam

PWKH on CWR said owed £12,000 re equipment maintenance and won't do deal with CCFC H unless it agrees to cover thay money owed by CCFC L. Says have written to CCFC H and heard nothing back. Asked by Clive if playing silly buggers said no must protect higgs centre. For me I do understand the stance bcos I employ the same and just got to keep fingers crossed that it does not hurt the kids.

This casts doubt (quelle surprise) on the administrator:

From CT: 'A source said the administrator had indicated there was nothing to prevent CCFC (Holdings) Ltd using the centre for the academy, claiming Holdings had always paid the bills for it.'

Seems someone's telling big porkies here, and I don't think it's PWKH.

mattylad

This casts doubt (quelle surprise) on the administrator:

From CT: 'A source said the administrator had indicated there was nothing to prevent CCFC (Holdings) Ltd using the centre for the academy, claiming Holdings had always paid the bills for it.'

Seems someone's telling big porkies here, and I don't think it's PWKH.

Not sure on porkies but the deal is with CCFC L and needs to be with CCFC H regardless of who is paying the bills. The administrator is saying look CCFC H have paid you up to now so no reason to believe they wont going forward, Higgs are saying what about we are already owed?

J

Jack Griffin

The requirements of a Grade 2 Academy that gets us a £500k grant from the FL is demanding - with indoor pitches, classrooms, etc etc and Ryton simply doesn't have these facilities. The Higgs Centre was purpose built to satisfy these requirements and I doubt if there is anywhere else in the area that does. I would assume that short term, a few weeks we could get away with it but not long term unless investment was made at Ryton.

It is here... facilities start on page 90
http://www.thefa.com/~/media/Files/PDF/the-fa-2012-13/2012-13-rules/youth-development-rules.ashx

Steve_footymad

A question to mr pwkh, as a viable business surely the Alan Higgs can't afford to turn away that income??? Without the income from the club surely it will mean job losses for your own staff??

I am not a Cov fan but live in the midlands and a big football fan so I have been following these interesting developments??

From rumours I am hearing from a close friend CCFC are willing to meet your requirements and pay money for hiring and also to fix machinery.

So I ask you now what are your hidden agendas??? Are you know using the academy as a pawn to find out where the golden share is???? Surely the development and future of these young players shouldn't be threatened by your ego and personal arguments with sisu??

From what I see the academy is te only good thing this club has going for it, so if you and your merry little men are treating to force a sale to a new owner, surely you wouldn't do anything to damage one of its biggest assets???

James Smith

A question to mr pwkh, as a viable business surely the Alan Higgs can't afford to turn away that income??? Without the income from the club surely it will mean job losses for your own staff??

I am not a Cov fan but live in the midlands and a big football fan so I have been following these interesting developments??

From rumours I am hearing from a close friend CCFC are willing to meet your requirements and pay money for hiring and also to fix machinery.

So I ask you now what are your hidden agendas??? Are you know using the academy as a pawn to find out where the golden share is???? Surely the development and future of these young players shouldn't be threatened by your ego and personal arguments with sisu??

From what I see the academy is te only good thing this club has going for it, so if you and your merry little men are treating to force a sale to a new owner, surely you wouldn't do anything to damage one of its biggest assets???
But that question should surely be direct at CSF who run it, shouldn't it?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Who got the £500K grant for the operation of the academy?

Seems strange we're told Limited has the contract to play at The Higgs, but hadn't got the cash. If Holdings have the cash it's hard not to argue the two businesses are inextricably linked, as was proven when Southampton tried to distance a holding and operational business in administration a few seasons back (albeit the reverse relationship to ours).

The FA found against Saints. It's inconceivable they won't with us with what we're seeing

James Smith

Who got the £500K grant for the operation of the academy?

Seems strange we're told Limited has the contract to play at The Higgs, but hadn't got the cash. If Holdings have the cash it's hard not to argue the two businesses are inextricably linked, as was proven when Southampton tried to distance a holding and operational business in administration a few seasons back (albeit the reverse relationship to ours).

The FA found against Saints. It's inconceivable they won't with us with what we're seeing

To quote Father Ted "that money was just resting in my account":whistle:

SBchimp

Can confirm (son is at the academy)their fixtures are on this sunday, for the age groups playing away . no mention of the 10-12 or 14, age groups who are supposed to be playing at the higgs???. Absolute disgrace,telegraph is printing quotes from pressley how the academy is the future,but the kids have no where to play or train.come on tell us the truth,the cov fans deserve at least that

Home games are at Warwick uni

Garry G

That's why I am asking him...... For me the main thing should be here is the future of the academy???

As you are not a Coventry fan why are you getting so heated about PWKH. SUrely his activities are none of your business.
Unless you have your own agenda/issues which you haven't mentioned.

Steve_footymad

Garry G I have no interest in pwkh or your club to be honest mate. Sorry if I have directed it at him maybe I should refer to him and his group (Elliot, Hoffman, ccc, Higgs, acl) is that better????

what I am tho is a big football fan and keen on youth development for me teams in Coventry city situaion should be looking to develop there own and bring players through whih having just looked they have a great history of doing so.. I hear your club has a fantastic academy which would be a shame to go under because of an argument between 2 groups of people!!! There have been so many examples this season of clubs scrapping there yourh programmes.... Yeovil, Wycombe to name a few!!!

If the club and whoever may have an argument then let them solve it, I don't see why the kids playing football should be brought in to it???

stupot07

Isn't the Alan Higgs centre run and managed by the Coventry Sports Foundation who also manage AT7 centre and the Xcel centre?

Just seen OSBs post confirming it.

Therefore surely the actual agreement is between the sports foundation and ccfc, and nothing to do with Alan Higgs charity?

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

As you are not a Coventry fan why are you getting so heated about PWKH. SUrely his activities are none of your business.
Unless you have your own agenda/issues which you haven't mentioned.

No, not a CCFC fan, but clearly a big fan of SISU. Curious..

jimmyhillsfanclub

Sigh....I don't give a shit about anyones personal/private agendas/vendettas/spats etc. etc. but can someone with kids at the academy update this thread?

Are the kids back training at the Higgs?

Thank you.

matesx

My lad is in the academy and they played Cardiff at Warwick Uni yesterday

we have been told training is at Warwick Uni until further notice

the academy has been keen to move away from Higgs as they feel the Uni is a better enviroment. I was very impressed with facilities there - top notch.

There are early discussions to erect a glass bubble dome as a training venue in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread