The 72 "spending" table (1 Viewer)

Grendel

£38.2 million… the world’s gone mad!

it doesn’t show net spend. Burnley sold more than they spent and are a distortion anyway - if we had sold we would have spent

we did spend anyway on Palmer

Grendel

Judging by them using Transfermarkt then we spent £900k on Kasey Palmer....

We probably spent half a million

Grendel

Just going off what they were using for the figures.

They do make some whacky assumptions - I assume they’ve assumed we paid the contract difference for palmer but I’d think Bristol would have paid half of it

PVA

How have they worked out fees then if undisclosed?

Not sure, probably a lot of guesswork.

They've got Palmer wrong as they say he was a free transfer.

But was just pointing out that £900k isn't what they say we paid for him, it's their current value of him (also a lot of guesswork)

shmmeee

Not sure, probably a lot of guesswork.

They've got Palmer wrong as they say he was a free transfer.

But was just pointing out that £900k isn't what they say we paid for him, it's their current value of him (also a lot of guesswork)

Technically he was.

stupot07

tbf all the reports at the time say undisclosed fee. It's fair to assume that was very small, and the main 'fee' would be taking over his contract but, who knows really!
Yes, he wasn't free. If we were taking on his contract (reportedly £20k pa at Bristol) you're looking at at least half a mil.
0bcd826a827ea3f015fe06735dc46cb0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Yes, he wasn't free. If we were taking on his contract (reportedly £20k pa at Bristol) you're looking at at least half a mil.
0bcd826a827ea3f015fe06735dc46cb0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

It’s semantics really rumour was he was free but wages paid at Brizzle rate for a year.

Cranfield Sky Blue

it doesn’t show net spend. Burnley sold more than they spent and are a distortion anyway - if we had sold we would have spent

we did spend anyway on Palmer
Not disputing that G. More are they that much better than us having spent that much? Better, yes but we competed in both games

Users who are viewing this thread