That's why we love football (1 Viewer)

hill83

Doesn't matter which league or cup.
That was a perfect ending.

larry_david

Ending was brilliant. In terms of football match endings, does it get any better than that? And fully deserved, Preston were a dirty horrible team, with two of the jammiest goals you'll see. Murphy didn't have a save to make all game!

jabharty

Hope Preston don't get over this. They are a dirty bunch.
Was the best finish to a Coventry game I have ever seen. I would have trundled through Friday with a loss, but I will tackle Friday with a spring in my step now. Proud to be a Coventry fan.
Remember when we couldn't come from behind? Well we just did it in 90 seconds, in injury time.

kg82

Clarke was, in all honesty, offside for the winner - which makes it all the sweeter for me with that cock, Westley, in charge for them! Suck it!

Also, after they scored their equaliser we went up the other end and scored and I swear Edge wasn't offside. Also also, Wood should've been given a free kick in the build up to the corner that lead to their equaliser!

So a big f*ck you very much Mr Westley!

BurbageSkyBlues

Clarke was, in all honesty, offside for the winner - which makes it all the sweeter for me with that cock, Westley, in charge for them! Suck it!

Also, after they scored their equaliser we went up the other end and scored and I swear Edge wasn't offside. Also also, Wood should've been given a free kick in the build up to the corner that lead to their equaliser!

No he wasn't, watch the replay....there was not daylight between him and the far defender when the ball was played

pricey

No he wasn't, watch the replay....there was not daylight between him and the far defender when the ball was played

Daylight mattering is so last decade! If any part of your body with which you're permitted to score a goal is beyond the last defender you're now offside. Even still it was marginal.

But who cares?! It counted and WE WON!

Brighton Sky Blue

Daylight mattering is so last decade! If any part of your body with which you're permitted to score a goal is beyond the last defender you're now offside. Even still it was marginal.

But who cares?! It counted and WE WON!

Thank Christ someone else gets it!

AngryAnt

He wasn't offside, on the replay you could see the leg (as in a darker blue short) behind him when the ball was kicked, but i guess it was hard to see at full speed and not when stopped.. It was close but he wasn't offside, so i'm glad justice was done on the flip :)

covcity4life

I was shouting to god why can't Cov ever ever get anyluck, y us

Then a light shone through the clouds

God reminded uus that he has sent robins to take us back to the promise land! No more depression for Cov! Ever again!

The CableGuy

I was there when we beat Preston 2-1 at the Arena, with Doyle blasting in from 25-yards in stoppage time.

Funny thing is, that was live on Sky as well. :D

Of course, the last 5 minutes tonight made that 2-1 victory look like a tea party.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

I agree! Watching the replay it was very tight and probably tighter than the Edge's disallowed one in fact! (Not yet seen Edges again).

Tough call for Lino! Be interesting to see if he'd flagged if Woody (who was offside) had put it away

As for Westley, i think our opinions are the same ;) what a tool! Wonder how many players will get sacked because of it! Not like he doesn't have form! Maybe Simonson will for not staying down long enough / too long / actually being injured etc

covcity4life

Our first goal came from cynical Preston foul on she sheffers

Could be argued last 2 came in time added on for keeper injury

Crime doesn't pay Preston!

The CableGuy

I was shouting to god why can't Cov ever ever get anyluck, y us

Then a light shone through the clouds

God reminded uus that he has sent robins to take us back to the promise land! No more depression for Cov! Ever again!

"Into every generation a Manager is born: one Manager in all the world, a saviour. He alone will wield the strength and skill to fight the Agents, the Prestons, and the forces of darkness; to stop the spread of their evil and the swell of their possession stats. He is the Chosen One."

kg82

I agree! Watching the replay it was very tight and probably tighter than the Edge's disallowed one in fact! (Not yet seen Edges again).

Tough call for Lino! Be interesting to see if he'd flagged if Woody (who was offside) had put it away

As for Westley, i think our opinions are the same ;) what a tool! Wonder how many players will get sacked because of it! Not like he doesn't have form! Maybe Simonson will for not staying down long enough / too long / actually being injured etc

Do you think people who have been complaining about Murphy will mute a little now after Steve "THAT'S how you parry it back to an opposition player" Simonsen's display in the last few minutes?!

covcity4life

"Into every generation a Manager is born: one Manager in all the world, a saviour. He alone will wield the strength and skill to fight the Agents, the Prestons, and the forces of darkness; to stop the spread of their evil and the swell of their possession stats. He is the Chosen One."

Buffy quote

I LOVE YOU

The CableGuy

Do you think people who have been complaining about Murphy will mute a little now after Steve "THAT'S how you parry it back to an opposition player" Simonsen's display in the last few minutes?!

Simonsen's getting roasted on Twitter via #pne :)

I bet Preston are gutted after all their time wasting it cost them the time to come back.

Coventry City the fight back kings, love it.

Users who are viewing this thread