That sakamoto cross (1 Viewer)

skyblue_55

His quality in taking people on is superb, but the crossing ability seemed work in progress.
Today ….. what a pin point cross !!!
With the right hand side looking so potent, with Milan behind him …….. pace & more pace ……looking excellent city

Paul Anthony

Think we'd best enjoy him while we've got him, if he keeps this up he's bound to have suitors.

Considering he's a player who apparently wasn't even on our radar when we found him, this is looking like it's going to turn out to be an incredible bit of business!

Londonccfcfan

Impressive was how Thomas read the game...charged forward (thinking no one else is up there). He wanted it more than anyone that header was his could see him anticipating that cross as the ball went wide to Simms then Saka.

He's been unfortunate Thomas too as he could have had more goals too but for some good saves.

But yes that cross said come and have it!

Johhny Blue

His quality in taking people on is superb, but the crossing ability seemed work in progress.
Today ….. what a pin point cross !!!
With the right hand side looking so potent, with Milan behind him …….. pace & more pace ……looking excellent city
He played a couple of pinpoint long measured passes out from the back as well today.

SkyBlueCharlie9

I don't mean to piss on anybody"s chips but I thought the cross nicked off the defender which meant it trajectory looped slightly . Still a brilliant cross and he is such a fantastic player to watch. There is a touch of the Hutch (and Dave Smith) about Saka with his touch and body swerves. Way more than that to his game though and almost a complete player.

Sky Blue Harry H

A lot of the new signings all improving/impressing together - MVE, Thomas, Kitching, Simms, Wright, Sakamoto, Collins, Makes the 'shit transfer window' thread (or whatever it was called) somewhat embarrassing in retrospect. Think we are now starting to see why a lot on here have been saying that next season we ought to be really strong (lovely if it happens for the rest of this season!)

covcity4life

Impressive was how Thomas read the game...charged forward (thinking no one else is up there). He wanted it more than anyone that header was his could see him anticipating that cross as the ball went wide to Simms then Saka.

He's been unfortunate Thomas too as he could have had more goals too but for some good saves.

But yes that cross said come and have it!
Thomas was like

ashhbu88ual11.png

PUSB-We_are_going_up

My mate who is not a cov fan has picked out our top three players to be: van Ewijk, Sakamoto and Simms. He said that O’hare would be up there if he hit his previous highs but you can tell he’s still not fully there yet, although still been quality. He also gave a shoutout to Haji, Kitching and Eccles

mrtrench

I think we are missing a trick on the right hand side. With Saka and Milan we will control that side in most games. They also pull three defenders to them. But often it leads to a floated cross, headed away by defenders.

We need, in my naive and unqualified opinion, to always have someone further away from the goal in the centre to receive a pull back pass along the ground.

Ccfc1979

Think we'd best enjoy him while we've got him, if he keeps this up he's bound to have suitors.

Considering he's a player who apparently wasn't even on our radar when we found him, this is looking like it's going to turn out to be an incredible bit of business!
I’m hopeful that as he is a bit older than the others that he might be more inclined to remain unsold.

Nuskyblue

The shape on his crossed from that area always look dangerous, we just need to attack them more IMO.

Cally Fedora

Sakamoto has looked great in the last few games and his link play with Van Ewijk is really improving. But the cross was a standard ball in to be honest. Thomas’ header added just enough pace for it to go in. I’ll take it, of course, but the cross was just one you see 50 times a game.

speedie87

Best thing about the cross it had a bit of float to it, players and coaches seem obsessed with wiping in crosses these days which give a much flatter traject and get headed out more. If you have people in middle who can head a ball float it a bit more give them a chance to make the difference

Johhny Blue

Sakamoto has looked great in the last few games and his link play with Van Ewijk is really improving. But the cross was a standard ball in to be honest. Thomas’ header added just enough pace for it to go in. I’ll take it, of course, but the cross was just one you see 50 times a game.
Not since Dacosta against Forest

skyblu3sk

No doubt a lovely cross. I liked the fact he took it from deep rather than try and get down the line again great header as well. Looks like we have found the defender we push forward to change the shape in the last few mins 🤣🤣

wingy

I said it somewhere else but bigger than that cross or at least equal was the aggressive nature of him,well as far as I'm concerned!

Users who are viewing this thread