that pen (1 Viewer)

Bugsy

just seen the pen incident again... NEVER a pen and it changed our mentality, dont want to make any excuses but he was 1 if not the worse ref i have witnessed and it did cost us imo, cadamerteri jump and dived into wood. unlucky city,,,, i still believe........

Blinxs

I didnt think it changed the tempo of our players but pretty much gave them a free goal which meant to win we always had to score 2 (didnt get a C in maths for nothing :p). Saying that though we did have ample time to score those 2 and didnt help ourselves by playing poor for the most part but makes me even more certain that video replays for the ref to use are the way forward just so results are decided by the teams and not the officials

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
Saw it again on sky sports the guy jumps into Wood, disgraceful referee overall. Referees need to be penalised for bad performances.

ccfcdan

If you dive in or dangle out a stray leg in the box then you are inviting the attacker to dive for the pen, Wood looked shacky throughout the game. I wish we still had Keogh and Crainie, I didn't realise just how good they were until they left.

Blinxs

If you dive in or dangle out a stray leg in the box then you are inviting the attacker to dive for the pen, Wood looked shacky throughout the game. I wish we still had Keogh and Crainie, I didn't realise just how good they were until they left.

I'm a little ashamed for thinking the same about Keogh and Crainie. Always thought they were good but never saw why so many thought they were amazing....until now. Just hope Cameron and Willis can form something of a beautiful partnership in the middle if given a chance (they really can't be any worse)

Lord_Nampil

one thing i will say, 4 games 6 mistakes, 6 goals against, 4 defeats! Richard Wood has us alot of points should he be dropped? doesnt matter if it was a pen or not wood cost us today! The ref was shocking and to be frank a disgrace to ref community standards in this league so far have been rubbish!

covlad1986

Was a very soft pen, but then why didn't mcSheffrey get a pen second half for almost exactly same thing. Ref was shocking today very one sided

I agree I have always said that if the referee don't like a team then that team stands no chance of winning. it's like a couple of corners we had which the referee tried to give a GK for one of them but when the ball got crossed into the box before hardly anyone moved the referee blew for a foul which I couldn't even see what for.

Blinxs

one thing i will say, 4 games 6 mistakes, 6 goals against, 4 defeats! Richard Wood has us alot of points should he be dropped? doesnt matter if it was a pen or not wood cost us today! The ref was shocking and to be frank a disgrace to ref community standards in this league so far have been rubbish!

Problem is who do you put in, Edge, Malaga, Brown and Wood all seem to enjoy making mistakes that lead to goals. That leaves Cameron and Willis if i'm not mistaken who are both inexperienced but still i know what you are saying and would put in Cameron and Willis for the next game (if Cameron is fit or just play with 3 at the back as we already concede every game but 5 midfielders and 2 strikers gives us a chance to score more than the opposition for once)

hill83

Didn't have a great view of it, but based on Woods usual clumsiness it probably was a penalty.
But then again, the ref had a shocker, so maybe not.

Skyblue4u

I never went to the game and I was out so didn't listen on sky blue player but no way on earth should that of been a Penalty

Brian The Ref

I think we all have to realise, not only do we have League 1 standard players, we also have League 1 standard referee's.

There is a reason these guys are with us in this division and not further up the ladder in the Championship or higher.

Sutty

I always defend refs - can't stand it when people criticise them because usually they become a scapegoat for a side's poor performance.

The guy today was awful though - the worst I've seen.

shmmeee

I think we all have to realise, not only do we have League 1 standard players, we also have League 1 standard referee's.

There is a reason these guys are with us in this division and not further up the ladder in the Championship or higher.

I have quite literally had better refs in school matches. And they're usually a random sixth former. That ref isn't good enough for any standard, particularly pro football.

Brian The Ref

I have quite literally had better refs in school matches. And they're usually a random sixth former. That ref isn't good enough for any standard, particularly pro football.

But, we all have off days!!

We've seen a few of our players have them this season, why are referees different?

The difference is, i'm sure the referee will be having nightmares about his performance!

Blinxs

But, we all have off days!!

We've seen a few of our players have them this season, why are referees different?

The difference is, i'm sure the referee will be having nightmares about his performance!

But why is their off day always when they ref the Sky Blues and why do they also support the opposition? ;)

Oxon_SB

Robins might have said it was a pen, but he also said the ref already had the whistle in his mouth ready to blow... clear message there!

Brian The Ref

But why is their off day always when they ref the Sky Blues and why do they also support the opposition? ;)

If I could tell you that i'd be doing the apponitments!!!

It always seems that way, but when we get the decisions it doesn't get it's own thread!!!!

Greggs

Our tempo changes when we concede and and when we score. We play well for 10, score, then go to shit! It's the losers mentality i'm afraid.....

Blinxs

It always seems that way, but when we get the decisions it doesn't get it's own thread!!!!

To be fair i think in the Bury game the ref was more on our side but it does seem when it comes to big decisions we lose out more often than not. For every dodgy decision that goes for us about 5 have gone against and it costs us in games

Sutty

To be fair i think in the Bury game the ref was more on our side but it does seem when it comes to big decisions we lose out more often than not. For every dodgy decision that goes for us about 5 have gone against and it costs us in games

I bet every team in the country would think this.

shmmeee

Sorry. Refs hate us. Didn't one of them admit that a while ago?

That wasn't a bad day, it was pure ineptitude, bordering on bias.

WillieStanley

Sorry. Refs hate us. Didn't one of them admit that a while ago?

That wasn't a bad day, it was pure ineptitude, bordering on bias.

I'm not sure what it is. You'd have thought that being one of the "Bigger" teams in league one we'd get the rub of the green but hey ho!! Just another factor The Sky Blues have to contend with.

I've noted before that the standard of referreeing in this league is about Cov Connexions standard by all of the officials. All they need is a mobile phone to text their mates "So bored at work"

speedie87

Perhaps we should try singing the refs name or singing he's the best red in the world to see if he makes any difference.

Lord_Nampil

Just saw it and have to say it was very soft! But then again we never get in the box to win pens (part from maccas situation)

Users who are viewing this thread