Thankyou Andy Thorn (1 Viewer)

Grendel

I think they did ,there was no clamour for his sacking ,Ranson made the call .There Is no doubt his tenure was ended by the same factors as AT has had to endure ,reduced funding, a dissconnect between board and fans ,the money tap turned off. As much as thorn suffered from 11 exits before and during the past season ,AB's squad went off the boil as the boardroom went into meltdown,the motivation and injuries ,loaning off of Doyle,Marlon gelling ETC without doubt curtailed an extremely bright first half of the season ,just when it looked on the Board bottled it.

Boothroyd is really popular at Northampton. He does quite a lot in the community and is enthusiastic and engaging.

The club have started well and I think he has learned lessons from his time here.

He was a success as a manager and I believe will be again.

Harshly treated here by the board and some supporters and certainly led down by some of the players.

stringyb92

I spend alot of time in Northampton and got offered to go to a boothroyd press conference, he is a god around those parts! I wish he hadnt of gone tbh!

wingy

Boothroyd is really popular at Northampton. He does quite a lot in the community and is enthusiastic and engaging.

The club have started well and I think he has learned lessons from his time here.

He was a success as a manager and I believe will be again.

Harshly treated here by the board and some supporters and certainly led down by some of the players.

While I found the style dire it was highly effective and was perfectly happy with the position we had got to by Christmas. A highly motivated guy with the charisma to carry it off,he did'nt

really spend a lot apart possibly for Carsleys+ Marlons wages ,thus the boardroom hiatus ,i expect he must have felt betrayed from that point .

Paxman II

While I appreciate the guys efforts I'm releived he has gone. I can't afford to get emmotional, this is a football club where managers get paid far, far more than we see in a lifetime and pay the price of failure.
Good luck to him but he was out of his depth completely. It was the wrong appointment in the first place and I suspect one SISU made as a stop gap all along. They can be ruthless and so they should be.

The next guy can expect the same if he can't produce the goods as indeed any manager does. The buck stops there. When you take charge you have to mould everything around you, your the boss, your decisions that will ultimately decide your future.

If we get a manager that is a relative unknown again then failure will follow. This club needs dragging from the depths of dispair and that requires experience and strength of character. Someone who has done it well previously for sure. Lets not pussyfoot around anymore.

Yorkshire SB

Ah so I put a statistic in that throws your train of thought and you come back with a third rate one liner. Quality.

It doesn't throw my train of thought. A very plausible explanation is that we lost our 4 best players in his first summer in charge, and were favourites for relegation with the bookies before a ball was kicked.
Consequently less people renewed their season tickets.
As we had a much weaker squad, we lost more games than we had the previous season, and fewer people are willing to pay good money to watch their side lose week in week out.
You can, and I'm sure you will, try and blame Thorn for not miraculously guiding us to our usual position of 18th, but realistically in 6 months we lost our best 5 players, from a side that finished slightly above the relegation zone the previous season. Relegation was inevitable.
Now we're in League 1, the attendance has dropped significantly, which again is no surprise.
I would therefore argue your statistic is misleading, and points to fans becoming disillusioned with the club and it's owners, not the manager.
Sorry for the third rate one liner though, next time I'll use sarcasm, it's so much wittier.

Yorkshire SB

Relegation was not inevitable.

Well we were favourites for relegation with bookmakers before the season started. This after having the core of our team ripped out (Westwood, Turner, Gunnarsson and King) We had 5 teenagers regularly in the side and more on the bench. In January we sold our only player that could score (which in my opinion, was the moment the Club accepted relegation).
Had Thorn kept us up, it would have been the best managerial achievement at this club since we were relegated, and in my opinion rather miraculous.

Astute

Are we still using that charming phrase? Westwood, Gunnarsson and King all self-removed.

And nothing to do with SISU as they admitted?

Had enough of all this crap before AT got the sack. Now he has gone there is no need to keep bringing this crap up. He has gone. You have your wish. Just hope you get what you expect.

Colonel Mustard

And nothing to do with SISU as they admitted?

We know that as every transfer window came around, the fanbase would melt down after making assumptions that SISU would flog off Westwood and Gunnarsson. Instead of selling at peak values, bringing in income, they were kept until contract expiry. We don't know what contract bumps they were offered. That is all.

Had enough of all this crap before AT got the sack. Now he has gone there is no need to keep bringing this crap up. He has gone. You have your wish. Just hope you get what you expect.

You are being emotional.

The Reverend Skyblue

this site is plagued by absolute morons regrettably

I can't find one moronic post in this thread, so please point out the ones you do find.
Some people on here do my fecking head in,one being you, as soon as they find poster's disagreeing with their viewpoint, they reply with abuse and childlike comments. If you dont like it on here feck off somewhere where everyone agrees with you.

Its A FORUM where fans MAY have differing views,if your not ready for this go elsewhere

The Rev

Gaz

I can't find one moronic post in this thread, so please point out the ones you do find.
Some people on here do my fecking head in,one being you, as soon as they find poster's disagreeing with their viewpoint, they reply with abuse and childlike comments. If you dont like it on here feck off somewhere where everyone agrees with you.

Its A FORUM where fans MAY have differing views,if your not ready for this go elsewhere

The Rev

:laugh: He does your head in because you don't agree with his view about the forum
Yet you then go onto preach about the forum having different views and that he should go elsewhere if he doesn't like it ,:D

Just thought that was funny :)

TTG

It appears some things never change in here!

Gregbant

😂😂😂😂🤣🤣
Brilliant, I love these threads, as sad as it is I could read them all day long.
Pretty sure Thorn has ended up back as a scout, which is where he should have stayed in the first place. Boothroyd never went on to prove what a good manager he really was, quite the opposite.
Not the worse thread but still pretty funny in hindsight!

Grendel

😂😂😂😂🤣🤣
Brilliant, I love these threads, as sad as it is I could read them all day long.
Pretty sure Thorn has ended up back as a scout, which is where he should have stayed in the first place. Boothroyd never went on to prove what a good manager he really was, quite the opposite.
Not the worse thread but still pretty funny in hindsight!

Thorn was a disgrace want he Dongle?

Users who are viewing this thread