Thanks for robbing me SISU and Council (1 Viewer)

gzuz87

I know people will take the mick but I and many other fans will be very angry by this.

If they are moving out of Coventry this officially means that I will not be going to anymore games. I am a season ticket holder and I used to go to every away game but then as most people money and bills got on top of me. I used the season ticket as my little treat that kept me happy even if the results weren't going right. Now not only do I lose that, I also lose 3 games of football that I have paid for. I want a refund or free travel to and from our 'new' home ground. Take the club out of the city and its no longer Coventry City Football Club.

Bit of a rant but well worth it.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

The club will have to put on free transport for fans, I think.

If Brighton fans hadn't supported their team through a difficult period then they probably wouldn't have a club to support today, and they had to travel a lot further than Coventry to Walsall.

gzuz87

If Brighton fans hadn't supported their team through a difficult period then they probably wouldn't have a club to support today, and they had to travel a lot further than Coventry to Walsall.

Trust me, if this was three years ago I would have followed City here there and everywhere but now I can't afford the traveling and SISU are not going to do FREE transport. I used to see Coventry one day going places but not in this damn way.

Sick Boy

Trust me, if this was three years ago I would have followed City here there and everywhere but now I can't afford the traveling and SISU are not going to do FREE transport. I used to see Coventry one day going places but not in this damn way.

I think they would have to under football league rules?

rob9872

So if you no longer travel away, exactly which 7 games have you been robbed of? I make it 3 and you'll probably get your free transfer and travel

gzuz87

I think they would have to under football league rules?

This is SISU we are talking about. They found a way out of being forced into admin and now they are finding ways to move the club. Football league rules always get broke as youve seen at pompy and brighton and now us.

hutch1972

Any agreement to move outside the home town of the club during a season must include free transport (FL) .I would say that would only include people who have already have tickets (ST etc )

Delboycov

I know people will take the mick but I and many other fans will be very angry by this.

If they are moving out of Coventry this officially means that I will not be going to anymore games. I am a season ticket holder and I used to go to every away game but then as most people money and bills got on top of me. I used the season ticket as my little treat that kept me happy even if the results weren't going right. Now not only do I lose that, I also lose 3 games of football that I have paid for. I want a refund or free travel to and from our 'new' home ground. Take the club out of the city and its no longer Coventry City Football Club.

Totally agree and just said very similar on one of the many threads although I'm not really sure what ACL were expected to do. I support Coventry City....the clue is in the title. If they're going down the road of building a new stadium, apart from the fact that I think they would make a complete 'pig's ear' of building it...it will take years if it's ever built at all. I don't support Walsall, Birmingham, Hinckley, Rushden or anyone else...I support Coventry City. If they go ahead with this then effectively they have killed Coventry City Football Club and for me that is unforgiveable...although I'm sure the SISU sycophants and apologists on here will try and turn it round to blame ACL....it's in their interests-they've backed the horse that ultimately will obliterate us and they know it. There is no getting away from the fact that they have done this over what amounts to small change in the great scheme of things....they agreed the rent and this is over what amounts to feck all! How can anyone defend them?

Seyeclops666

Totally agree and just said very similar on one of the many threads although I'm not really sure what ACL were expected to do. I support Coventry City....the clue is in the title. If they're going down the road of building a new stadium, apart from the fact that I think they would make a complete 'pig's ear' of building it...it will take years if it's ever built at all. I don't support Walsall, Birmingham, Hinckley, Rushden or anyone else...I support Coventry City. If they go ahead with this then effectively they have killed Coventry City Football Club and for me that is unforgiveable...although I'm sure the SISU sycophants and apologists on here will try and turn it round to blame ACL....it's in their interests-they've backed the horse that ultimately will obliterate us and they know it. There is no getting away from the fact that they have done this over what amounts to small change in the great scheme of things....they agreed the rent and this is over what amounts to feck all! How can anyone defend them?

I couldn't agree more - this is about our City not just 11 blokes wearing kit You traitors can go watch SISU Rovers - good riddance - but I and many more will help build a new club if we have to and wait for the Coventry Phoenix to rise again.

Otis

Any agreement to move outside the home town of the club during a season must include free transport (FL) .I would say that would only include people who have already have tickets (ST etc )

And next season?

this could be the end of CCFC in Coventry.

No way the council is going to let them build another ground in Coventry, so a much different scenario to the Brighton one.

Looks like we are moving away short term to build a stadium long term that won't even be in Coventry anyway.

Otis

No point getting ahead of ourselves. It just creates the kind of artificial anger that has made this all so polarised.

True.

I am usually quite restrained on matters, but it is all very easy to get swept along by this and the pace it was seemingly moving along at.

Maybe we will have time to reflect today.

Spencer

And next season?

this could be the end of CCFC in Coventry.

No way the council is going to let them build another ground in Coventry, so a much different scenario to the Brighton one.

Looks like we are moving away short term to build a stadium long term that won't even be in Coventry anyway.

I don't believe planning laws quite work like that.

Flying Fokker

I doubt they pro SISU people would travel anywhere. They can't see any further than the end of their noses.

Warwickhunt

Do you think this action will get ACL and CCFC back around the table to renegotiate a new contract. Will it be be before SISU have to take the football league to court because of the illegality of docking points against a club not in administration. This is similar to what the lesthur lot down the road did so the ffootball league will have to change their rules in the closed season to make sure no one else does it.

stupot07

No point getting ahead of ourselves. It just creates the kind of artificial anger that has made this all so polarised.

Agreed, us fans need to sit tight, hold our nerve and let this all play out.

This could be the best or worst thing for the long term future sustainability of the club. At this point in time we have no idea what is going to happen today let alone before next Friday or before the start of next season.

Baginton

When Rotherham moved from Rotherham to Sheffield (Don Valley Stadium) they had to pay a bond of a million pounds (I think) and promise to move back withi the Rotherham council boudry within 3 years or so.

All this thanks to Winkleman and the MK Stealers.

Hope SISU are aware of this !!

The saga goes on :(

WestEndAgro

Do you think this action will get ACL and CCFC back around the table to renegotiate a new contract. Will it be be before SISU have to take the football league to court because of the illegality of docking points against a club not in administration. This is similar to what the lesthur lot down the road did so the ffootball league will have to change their rules in the closed season to make sure no one else does it.

No, this is open warfare, yesterdays move late last night by SISU was in my opinion "Check Mate" we are entering the end game, and it won't be pretty

Brighton Sky Blue

Indeed-but they had their ground sold for demolition by widely hated owners. We have voluntarily got ourselves kicked out because we refuse to accept being given all the revenue.

magic82ball

Not having a pop in what are very sensative times but you must have realised when you handed SISU your season ticket money at the start of the season that this was a distinct possability? I do empathise massively as you just want to support your club but getting a season ticket this year was the equivelent of paying Paddy O'Reilly up front to tarmac your drive.

ajsccfc

Look how quickly the decent original sentiment behind the thread was turned into 'hey you SISU lovers'. For fuck's sake.

Users who are viewing this thread