Thanks but sadly no thanks (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

A shutter was damaged and beer thrown about in the air (like at the majority of away games thus far) get a grip.

As for a chair been thrown, that is unacceptable and is worth talking about.

A shutter damaged and a chair being throw, both are illegal, simple as that !

SkyblueBazza

Okay - it's all been said...& done...& the only things that might make a real difference are the decent fans standing up to the muppets - I did observe (& back-up) one guy do this today - &/or as suggested ban the booze full-stop...& anyone who turns up a bit worse for wear is not allowed in.
Now? Let's focus on the positives. 2nd half vocal support was tremendous. If we could ALL behave that way in future & cut out the nasty business reported above - maybe the fans could endear themselves to the players who would then think twice before pissing off elsewhere in January or the summer?

Where's or next BIG day out? Let's do it all (well except the nasty stuff) again!!!

A shutter damaged and a chair being throw, both are illegal, simple as that !

A shutter been damaged is from young lads messing about. IMO the chanting of 'who's the gay boy in the pink' at the MK player wearing a pink jacket warming Up on the sideline could be seen as worse than that as it is classed as homophobic chanting.

BurbageSkyBlues

It seems we are coming in for some criticism on their forums, for some of the bad behaviour that was on display by a few idiots today.

It is a shame, because otherwise we are winning friends for having such great away support, and this is being negated by a few. We do not need to alienate other fans, it won't help our campaign to get back to our home.....all it will do is earn us a bad reputation, put us in the spotlight for the wrong reasons, and deflect attention from our real battle.

This has left a bitter taste to what has been, otherwise, a great away day.

ccfcway

A shutter been damaged is from young lads messing about. IMO the chanting of 'who's the gay boy in the pink' at the MK player wearing a pink jacket warming Up on the sideline could be seen as worse than that as it is classed as homophobic chanting.

the shutter, the chair throwing and that chant, all 3 are wrong !

Why should we rank them ?

theferret

I haven't been to Ricoh since the Leeds game when Turner got injured. Only away games for me.

Simply don't get the need to break the law or to offend someone, sorry if that's wrong.

Who was offended? Why are you getting offended on behalf of someone else?

It seems we are coming in for some criticism on their forums, for some of the bad behaviour that was on display by a few idiots today.
We do not need to alienate other fans, it won't help our campaign to get back to our home......

If there was ever a set of fans who didn't give a fuck about a club playing in its rightful home its them. If they cared about that kind of thing then they wouldn't have jumped on that bandwagon in the first place.

SkyblueBazza

Who was offended? Why are you getting offended on behalf of someone else?

That's a typical bully's response. The bullied will often not say anything for fear of making things worse. Personally, I condemn all 3 of those...plus the corner-flag throwing, turning the toilets into a smoking room (I wonder what the said characters would have said before the smoking ban about anyone hanging about in the toilets?), invading the pitch, fighting the stewards & booing a 14yr old trying to provide entertainment (not my cup of tea...but I enthusiastically applauded -as did about 1/3 to 1/2 City fans)

Sorry to hear about some of are so called supporters doing that I hope that MK do send the bill to pay for the damage to Coventry city .All I can do is just apologise for the few so called fans I just love your ground wish it was ours

ccfcway

Sorry to hear about some of are so called supporters doing that I hope that MK do send the bill to pay for the damage to Coventry city .All I can do is just apologise for the few so called fans I just love your ground wish it was ours

its near as close as "ours"

theferret

That's a typical bully's response. The bullied will often not say anything for fear of making things worse. Personally, I condemn all 3 of those...plus the corner-flag throwing, turning the toilets into a smoking room (I wonder what the said characters would have said before the smoking ban about anyone hanging about in the toilets?), invading the pitch, fighting the stewards & booing a 14yr old trying to provide entertainment (not my cup of tea...but I enthusiastically applauded -as did about 1/3 to 1/2 City fans)

What are you talking about? What has bullying got to do with any of this? I am referring to the 'gay boy in the pink' chant, which was not offensive in the slightest. Silly and not funny, perhaps, but offensive? Behave yourself. It would only be offensive if the target was gay, or more specifically, was known to be. In the context (a football match) it was tongue in cheek and harmless. I'm with Stephen Fry on this sort of thing:

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what."

As for the other stuff, I wasn't commenting on that so get off your high horse.

wingy

You're not suggesting a Franchise here are you? ;)

BurbageSkyBlues

Originally Posted by BurbageSkyBlues
We do not need to alienate other fans, it won't help our campaign to get back to our home......

If there was ever a set of fans who didn't give a fuck about a club playing in its rightful home its them. If they cared about that kind of thing then they wouldn't have jumped on that bandwagon in the first place.
.....................................................................................................................................
Understand your point. However, I was talking about other fans in general, not just mkdons fans. If we get a bad reputation, it will become the focus item for media reporting on us, instead of the real issue being in the news.

SkyblueBazza

I agree...fabulous stadium...easy to get to...easy to get in...once in...you can see the rest of it. My only gripe is the bloody queue to buy a drink!

SkyblueBazza

That's fair enough on the other points but if someone else there amongst our fans who was gay might find it offensive. All about context though & he wore something that made him stand out...& even his mates warming up with him were laughing. It was funny tbh no high horse.
The 'bully' response is still typical though. Offence can only be taken but bullies often use that as another weapon! Oh - & discriminating IS a form of bullying.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Haven't read all the posts so apologies if this has already been suggested: why not check CCTV footage, post any faces found, here on our site and we can identify the twats. And I don't call this "grassing", I call it taking care of our club's reputation.

cloughie

I agree...fabulous stadium...easy to get to...easy to get in...once in...you can see the rest of it. My only gripe is the bloody queue to buy a drink!

This is what caused the bar damage and thieving.

Sadly i witnessed this incident and I am in no way condoning the actions of the minority of idiots who did this

It was obvious that staff only served at 50 % of the bar, the other half became very frustrated and started pouring pints for themselves and the staff remonstrated with them when they eventually saw what was going on.

This resulted in an short heated argument, next things escalated into embarrassing behavior by a bunch of chavs and staff left, yet sadly others seem to join in while stewards just stood and watched.

Not condoning this in any way yet poor provision of service, 3 staff, 7000 fans?

shmmeee

With you all the way until that singing lad. He was awful and deserved to be booed. Bloody XFactor culture making everyone think they've got talent. The girls before were OK and didn't get booed, I've seen City fans be very supportive of half time entertainment away. But of you're shit, expect to be booed by the audience, that's the nature of live performance.

SkyblueBazza

With you all the way until that singing lad. He was awful and deserved to be booed. Bloody XFactor culture making everyone think they've got talent. The girls before were OK and didn't get booed, I've seen City fans be very supportive of half time entertainment away. But of you're shit, expect to be booed by the audience, that's the nature of live performance.

I agree he was far from what I'd call good...but he's 14...he's got guts to do what he did...he deserved respect. Don't clap him I you don't want is my stance but I'd reserve booing for for the bastard that threw the corner flag, & the seat, who thumped anyone else...you get the picture ;-)

NottsCov

I haven't been to Ricoh since the Leeds game when Turner got injured. Only away games for me.

Simply don't get the need to break the law or to offend someone, sorry if that's wrong.

Away fans offending an opposition player with a chant. Perish the thought. What has football become?

pusbccfc

Prefer the Ricoh.

Big Chris

To MK fans and owners - great club at a great stadium. With wins coming from behind both this year and last - expect a big away following next season - that is if we are in League 1 with you. That will give you time to get the top tier open and more staff recruited.

The lad singing at half time was on a hiding to nothing. Singing a medley of poor pop songs to no backing track in front of 7,000 away fans in an otherwise vacuous and echoing stadium was wrong on behalf of MK.

Finally the CCTV from any fans on the pitch will be passed to West Mids Police. Expect arrests, convictions and banning orders within 8 weeks.

A great day out, otherwise...!

Spend the £150,000 well.

Real

There's always a few bellends who do stupid things when in a crowd that they wouldn't dream of doing any other time. It's the drink and drugs and whatever else it is they get up to. I for the life of me cannot fathom what it is they get out of doing crap like this?

ccfcway

Away fans offending an opposition player with a chant. Perish the thought. What has football become?

a worse place to watch sport than rugby / cricket etc.

Its 2013, and we have to have barriers up to stop "fans" of different teams standing next to each other.

We could learn a lot from other sports in terms of our behaviour

You would never hear of rugby or cricket fans asking for a alcohol ban !

NottsCov

a worse place to watch sport than rugby / cricket etc.

Its 2013, and we have to have barriers up to stop "fans" of different teams standing next to each other.

We could learn a lot from other sports in terms of our behaviour

You would never hear of rugby or cricket fans asking for a alcohol ban !

Can't say I've ever heard a football fan asking for an alcohol ban until the earlier post in this thread. I don't condone thuggish behaviour by any means but lets not compare football to rugby and cricket, I'm a fan of all three sports and I've been an away fan at various grounds for all three sports but there isn't a sport as passionate and emotional as football.

SkyblueBazza

Can't say I've ever heard a football fan asking for an alcohol ban until the earlier post in this thread. I don't condone thuggish behaviour by any means but lets not compare football to rugby and cricket, I'm a fan of all three sports and I've been an away fan at various grounds for all three sports but there isn't a sport as passionate and emotional as football.

Those who favourite sport is cricket or rugby would argue all day night with you on that one...players or fans. Just that for some reason the elements of society with the worst behavioural characteristics often tag onto football.

Monkeyface

Starting to think we should look at banning our fans from travelling away after all of todays trouble!

Users who are viewing this thread