Thank you Tony Mowbray.. (1 Viewer)

standupforcity

So far we have seen an incredible turn around this season with the arrival of Tony Mowbray. It's clear he took the job on his terms and as a result he's been able to effect the change we've seen. And there's no doubt that Venus was an inspired appointment. But what I want to thank TM for most at the moment is the way he constantly keeps us in the picture. Today we know exactly what's going on where it matters. The way it works with Venus out there, finding the right targets then passing them on to Mowbray to run the rule over. We know what's happening, how, and why. We're no longer in the dark wondering wtf! It makes me feel a real part of the club again, and it helps me understand the task in hand. It also seems that things at Sisu may also be changing, and I hope so, but I've never felt more confident about a manager than I do now, and I'm excited about every game. If we do make it to the Championship this season, who would ever want to leave the club while Mowbray is in charge!! Glad I hung in there...glad I never went to Northampton....glad to feel a proud supporter again...glad we're being recognized and respected again for the club we are, on our way back to where we belong. Thank you Tony Mowbray!!

Sky Blue Pete

He's so modest as well. When my son was a mascot I said exactly what you have here and he just said, 'we hope we can keep it going'

matesx

if he was better looking i think i might fall in love with him

:eek:

mrtrench

Yes, Tone has done well. I don't know why you believe things are changing at SISU however. Just as we shouldn't blame SISU for the poor performances on the pitch for the past few years we shouldn't priase them for the great work Mowbray and Venus are doing. I don't imagine they have changed one iota: they only care about money and they don't care how they get it. Personally, I'm not surprised that money is their only God and I don't mind - they've made an investment and want a return. What I do care about is that they have no foibles about how they get it.

standupforcity

Yes, Tone has done well. I don't know why you believe things are changing at SISU however. Just as we shouldn't blame SISU for the poor performances on the pitch for the past few years we shouldn't priase them for the great work Mowbray and Venus are doing. I don't imagine they have changed one iota: they only care about money and they don't care how they get it. Personally, I'm not surprised that money is their only God and I don't mind - they've made an investment and want a return. What I do care about is that they have no foibles about how they get it.

I didn't say that....I said 'things at Sisu may be changing, and I hope so.....'. But this is not what the thread is about!

covcity4life

i rememebr when i met him before season i said "we dont need to win anything just please stop us being pushovers" and he gave a steely luck and said "i will do that"

a man of his word evidently!

mechaishida

i rememebr when i met him before season i said "we dont need to win anything just please stop us being pushovers" and he gave a steely luck and said "i will do that"

a man of his word evidently!

Did that steely look give you a twinge?

I'd have definitely had a twinge of some sort. The type of man you'd want as a dad, brother and mate rolled into one...there's a Leicester joke there somewhere...

matesx

id like to go for a beer with him but the government have today said i will die of cancer if i did that.

BackRoomRummermill

A proper bloke all round, he knows the fans respect what he is doing here, at the moment if we keep momentum we could end up in the Premier in 2 or 3 seasons. My only worry is that people need to be realistic if we get promoted we may struggle and need to adjust in the championship. I hope we go back to back promotion but am at present just happy that for as long as I can remember ( first Cov game in 1976 ) we are actually a having a decent go in a league and generally expect us not to lose games.

covcity4life

Did that steely look give you a twinge?

I'd have definitely had a twinge of some sort. The type of man you'd want as a dad, brother and mate rolled into one...there's a Leicester joke there somewhere...

he is a big man! much bigger than i expected

tall too

James Smith

id like to go for a beer with him but the government have today said i will die of cancer if i did that.

I've agreed to cut down today on the basis of the advice announced today but I would bust that to buy him a drink.

wingy

Its brilliant that we all feel like this and it's a two way street.
You can can tell that from his comments in the CT yesterday the satisfaction with the away following over Christmas.
He knows the blue touchpaper has been lit. :claping hands:

stevefloyd

I would like to thank him on behalf of my son and all the younger people that have never seen any success whilst supporty CCFC its fantastic and my blue touch paper has been lit too.. long may it continue

Kingokings204

Thank you tony mowbray. It's nice to be talking. About football and promotions and the feel good factor is amazing.

respect

Its brilliant that we all feel like this and it's a two way street.
You can can tell that from his comments in the CT yesterday the satisfaction with the away following over Christmas.
He knows the blue touchpaper has been lit. :claping hands:

But most of all after years of dross and incompetence we have our self respect back!!

skybluepm2

If this continues and promotion is achieved this season, a lot of the shite since 2001 will be forgotten. He is a special, special manager and I pray that we hold on to him for many a year.

standupforcity

If this continues and promotion is achieved this season, a lot of the shite since 2001 will be forgotten. He is a special, special manager and I pray that we hold on to him for many a year.

I think you're right...but I would still like to see a better turn out at the Ricoh than we're getting at the moment, despite the massive improvement. There are still some out there to be convinced, and you wonder why!!

skybluelee

I think you're right...but I would still like to see a better turn out at the Ricoh than we're getting at the moment, despite the massive improvement. There are still some out there to be convinced, and you wonder why!!

It's moving in the right direction. Suspect our average for the last 5 home games (after Burton) will be around 16K and it will continue to rise as we reach the business end of the season. You can't argue with that for a Div 3 club, especially given all the shit its supporters have been put through in recent times.

Users who are viewing this thread