Thank you Leeds! (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

We enjoyed our cup final yesterday. Biggest day out for our small club in many a season.

Unbelievable result yesterday, considering we didn’t play any football.

We parked the bus so much it refused to jump start and the players had to get a train back to London (because it was cheaper than the train back to Coventry).

Bobby gutted he didn’t get Summerwilly’s shirt at the end of the game. Maybe he will get it in an auction.

KP is still looking for someone to fight. Hope he’s at peace this morning.

Yeah Right Smile GIF by Apple TV

world cup ringer fc GIF by The Ringer

Gint11

More than one way to earn points in football. We’d all love to play expansive, attacking sexy football every week or sometimes we have to acknowledge the opposing team probably has better players. No idea what Farke is moaning about. Does he expect robins to go for it and maybe lose 5-0?!? Robins got it right tactically.

clint van damme

Not arsed, job done for us , got something from the game
I felt leeds were the best side we'd played this season based on the performance .

We couldnt play open expansive football we'd have been destroyed

Said to my mates yesterday Leeds were the best team I've seen.
Appreciate Leicester was probably a bit of an anomaly as we were the better team for much of the game and they were just starting the adjustment to life in the championship.

Ashdown

Leeds players had certainly got the Prem disease of going down clutching something at every slight contact. They were OK but I think we also played a good brand of tactical football.

skyblu3sk

Thought they had some great players with Summerville edging as the best. Unfortunately to quote a streets song "he's fit but he knows it" comes across as a absolute bell end. Leeds don't understand how they didn't win. I'll tell you how tactically we set up well nullified the threat and played nice quick attacking football when we could. It's not like we didn't pose a threat or try to attack.

SHUNT31

Said to my mates yesterday Leeds were the best team I've seen.
Appreciate Leicester was probably a bit of an anomaly as we were the better team for much of the game and they were just starting the adjustment to life in the championship.
I’ve watched Leicester a lot this year and their points margin is very flattering. Been very lucky in a lot of games. Ipswich and Leeds much better sides imo.

Brylowes

I’ve watched Leicester a lot this year and their points margin is very flattering. Been very lucky in a lot of games. Ipswich and Leeds much better sides imo.
Live 40 miles from Ipswich and know loads of ITFC supporters including many season ticket holders, any of those will tell you that they have also enjoyed far more than their fair share of luck.

zuni

Thought they had some great players with Summerville edging as the best. Unfortunately to quote a streets song "he's fit but he knows it" comes across as a absolute bell end. Leeds don't understand how they didn't win. I'll tell you how tactically we set up well nullified the threat and played nice quick attacking football when we could. It's not like we didn't pose a threat or try to attack.
came across as a brat, leeds fans complaining about being ruffed up ...fucking hell the ref put bubble wrap on them

San Francisco

Live 40 miles from Ipswich and know loads of ITFC supporters including many season ticket holders, any of those will tell you that they have also enjoyed far more than their fair share of luck.

We could've gotten a draw had we scored that pen. Would've done a lot better had we played the same tactics from the previous game mind.

Also, Leeds fans are some of the worst I've had to steward. Look and act like they've just crawled out of a cave.

Brylowes

We could've gotten a draw had we scored that pen. Would've done a lot better had we played the same tactics from the previous game mind.

Also, Leeds fans are some of the worst I've had to steward. Look and act like they've just crawled out of a cave.
A lot of those Ipswich fans also told me that we’re the best team they’ve faced at home this season.

Londonccfcfan

Not arsed, job done for us , got something from the game
I felt leeds were the best side we'd played this season based on the performance .

We couldnt play open expansive football we'd have been destroyed
Disagree. We could have won.

No team in this league deserves that much respect.

Evo1883

Disagree. We could have won.

No team in this league deserves that much respect.

You could literally see we became more open once we put o hare and palmer on the pitch

I know fans like to bang on that we spent 20 mill , but their squad is worth 200 million

Frostie

Inclined to agree. I know it sounds bonkers given their points tally, but tactically I'm not convinced by them. They are winning a lot of games purely on the ridiculous individual quality they have imo.

They'll probably still win the league but I'm not sure they can carry that momentum on into the PL.

Londonccfcfan

You could literally see we became more open once we put o hare and palmer on the pitch

I know fans like to bang on that we spent 20 mill , but their squad is worth 200 million
We have beaten better teams than that Leeds team away from home who have been bigger title favorites.

Notably Fulham home and Away the season they walked away with title with 200M team too. Imo far far superior team the year Mitrovic got about 40 odd goals. Than this leeds one.

No team should fear anyone I'm this league.

Users who are viewing this thread