Thailand Cave Rescue (2 Viewers)

Johnnythespider

Good news so far, hope the rest are out in the next couple of days and no more divers are lost.

Captain Dart

6 confirmed out.

skybluetony176

Saying just four confirmed as rescued now and the rescue will resume tomorrow. Must be very difficult work for a multitude of reasons with a limited number of rescuers in the world capable of doing it. No wonder they need a break.

Captain Dart

Saying just four confirmed as rescued now and the rescue will resume tomorrow. Must be very difficult work for a multitude of reasons with a limited number of rescuers in the world capable of doing it. No wonder they need a break.
Yup, BBC got over enthusiastic. I presume they'll bring 4 up each day & the coach last.

Meanwhile..

skybluetony176

Yup, BBC got over enthusiastic. I presume they'll bring 4 up each day & the coach last.

Meanwhile..

A true hero. That word gets banded around too easily but in this case it’s fitting. There’s been reports that he set off knowing that he probably didn’t have enough oxygen to make it back but knew the supply of oxygen to the boys and coach were crucial.

Captain Dart

13:45 The boys get an invitation to Old Trafford

Many of the young football players are said to be fans of Manchester United football club.
The team has just posted on its Facebook page, inviting the boys to their Old Trafford stadium for a visit.
"Manchester United is greatly relieved to learn that the 12 footballers and their coach trapped in a cave in Thailand are now safe," the club said.
"We would be honoured to welcome the team from the Wild Boars Football Club and their rescuers to Old Trafford this coming season."

Gazolba

Let's hope they now brick up the entrance to that cave or at least put a padlocked gate on it.
I always wondered why the hell they went into the cave in the first place.
I feel most sorry for the family of the rescue diver who died.
I have little sympathy for the coach who led the boys in there.
I wonder what the total cost of the rescue was?

Captain Dart

Let's hope they now brick up the entrance to that cave or at least put a padlocked gate on it.
I always wondered why the hell they went into the cave in the first place.
I feel most sorry for the family of the rescue diver who died.
I have little sympathy for the coach who led the boys in there.
I wonder what the total cost of the rescue was?

It doesn't matter.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Glad they’re all out.
Amazing rescue effort but the death of the navy seal has tinged this whole story for me.

Read this morning as well 2 American film directors have been sticking their nose in (trying to speak to rescuers and family members) past few days and when challenged they said if they don’t somebody else will take the film rights, ffs have a bit of humility.

wingy

Thoroughly brilliant outcome
Great work by all rescuers. Big well done to everyone .
However still can't help feeling someone has exploited the situation
Either the media or the Thai GOVT.
Tonight it's been stated those kids were sedated.
There were conflicting rediculous theories initially about the end game.
Leave them there for four months FFS .
Conflicting with the hypothisis that the monsoon activity would likely flood the cave even more .
It was absolutely obvious they had to be out rapjd and obvious to me a layman, that anesthesia/sedatation was the solution to bring them out without the perceived risk of panic
.Sorry for being a cynic but this episode could have been over a week earlier.
It's a fairly spiritual country AFAIK and that's fair enough and anyone who's prayed For those lads and have faith fair play,.
But there is an element of exploitation to this story I find hard to comprehend, maybe it's just an innocuous example of the media circus.

wingy

I'm so Sorry to be returning to the wrong side of this story and the exploitation that's run alongside it .
Elon Musk.
Surely a candidate to be a future James Bond baddy? :-o

Last edited:

wingy

Though TBH was a laymans thought of mine early on ,not necessarily powered or the like but just a capsule that could be pulled through .

rob9872

I couldn't imagine being in that capsule (not that you could at my size!) Looked horrendous on the trial.

Users who are viewing this thread