Text Messages (2 Viewers)

skyblueprincess

It makes the bloody partner a coward. Geez, i cannot ever understand someone who hits women. Its really a bit sad if you feel you have to do that to feel a bigger man.

What about woman who hit men ?

Midfield General

The world has gone fecking mad, I tell thee. As it basically pished it down all day yesterday, I took both my kids (who were like a pair of caged lions) to an indoor play area.

I forgot to bring a book / paper with me, so I had the dubious pleasure of watching all the other parents in the room. If they weren't typing away on their phone, they were sat there with headphones on connected to them...what really made me laugh was that even when they weren't using the phone, they were continually checking it, as if they were scared to miss something.

When I tried to talk to the woman at the side of me during a rare interlude from her phone caressing, I basically got a look that suggested she thought I was a brutal rapist, and an occasional 'yeah', or 'nah', accompanied by a strangled grin.

We're losing the art of conversation and interaction...what exactly can you do on a phone that elicits that much rapt attention? Fair enough, I haven't got an iphone or Android thing-umy-bob, just some shitty Nokia thing with no camera and keys that are about an inch wide, but then again it's a fecking phone!

Put the bastard things away and TALK TO PEOPLE!!

LastGarrison

The world has gone fecking mad, I tell thee. As it basically pished it down all day yesterday, I took both my kids (who were like a pair of caged lions) to an indoor play area.

I forgot to bring a book / paper with me, so I had the dubious pleasure of watching all the other parents in the room. If they weren't typing away on their phone, they were sat there with headphones on connected to them...what really made me laugh was that even when they weren't using the phone, they were continually checking it, as if they were scared to miss something.

When I tried to talk to the woman at the side of me during a rare interlude from her phone caressing, I basically got a look that suggested she thought I was a brutal rapist, and an occasional 'yeah', or 'nah', accompanied by a strangled grin.

We're losing the art of conversation and interaction...what exactly can you do on a phone that elicits that much rapt attention? Fair enough, I haven't got an iphone or Android thing-umy-bob, just some shitty Nokia thing with no camera and keys that are about an inch wide, but then again it's a fecking phone!

Put the bastard things away and TALK TO PEOPLE!!

Is there that much difference to reading a paper/book than looking at the internet on your phone?

rob9872

I can't see that happening. It's sure a changing world but there remains definitely room for both imo.

Users who are viewing this thread