Tesco Parking (1 Viewer)

westofrayne

Has anybody been parking in Tesco CP for the matches? if so have you been done by the automatic number plate recognition system for overstaying???

torchomatic

Only a fiver in Car Park C now.

torchomatic

lewys33

And it's on at an awkard time. Eastenders is on.

Don't tell the bride for me. Wonder what humorous adventures that will bring this week!

Anyway, sorry westofrayne. That was very rude of us. Now they have camera's at tesco I would suggest it would be very silly to chance it now.

Nick

Administrator
Does it still count if you are doing shopping? What happens if you do a big shop, then go for a Starbucks and a wonder round the other shops?

torchomatic

Yeah, I do wonder how they police it or how they can prove anything.

There was a massive Tescos next to the Chesterfield ground, and I mean right next to it, and we parked there without any problems as did most of Chesterfield by the looks of it.

lewys33

I'm no expert here, but maybe if a reg flags up they check the cameras to see how many bags you put in your car etc?

2 bags minimum - unless you are carrying a sofa from next home. That would be my rule.

Or maybe if you get a letter you have to provide a receipt to get out of the charge?

skyblue14

For the previous two midweek games my brother has parked in Tesco with no problems. Apart from taking a while to get out.

skybluejelly

its a 2 1/2 hr limit and there have been cameras there for ages ..I have never got a ticket and I have parked there since they stopped you parking on the industrial estate

lewys33

Wasn't there some rule from looooooooooong ago that they could only do it if the attendance was over 10,000? May be wrong but that may also be the case.

Nick

Administrator
Wasn't there some rule from looooooooooong ago that they could only do it if the attendance was over 10,000? May be wrong but that may also be the case.

On the council website it says parking restrictions are if events are over 10,000. I'd just park on the street and say that it was researched online and the attendance was 8,900.

Otis

I have used the Tesco car park for every game this season and have never had any trouble at all.

rupert_bear

How can Tesco do anything, there's a library for a start can spend 2 hours in there alone, then there are numerous cafes Deks, Starbucks, one in M&S, various clothing shops, they tried it before and my daughter, who wasn't at the football, got a ticket and a possible fine she objected basically refused to pay and they dropped the matter. They have also taken those barriers down and the yellow coated goons are gone.

Captain Dart

As you enter the Tesco car park there is a sign stating the terms for parking, basically it is 2 hrs free but longer is OK if you spend £25 at the on site shops (excluding petrol station & no doubt the junk food shops which have their own car parking spaces).

They used to have a number plate recognition system, but they canned it, if they have they put it back then they will log your times and try to charge you for parking if you overstay the 2 hrs, result mucho hassle through the post!

If there is no ANPR system then they have to log cars in and out manually, but the checks only used to last for about 30 mins after the game, short enough to waste by looking round the shops or getting a coffee somewhere.

Otis

As you enter the Tesco car park there is a sign stating the terms for parking, basically it is 2 hrs free but longer is OK if you spend £25 at the on site shops (excluding petrol station & no doubt the junk food shops which have their own car parking spaces).

They used to have a number plate recognition system, but they canned it, if they have they put it back then they will log your times and try to charge you for parking if you overstay the 2 hrs, result mucho hassle through the post!

If there is no ANPR system then they have to log cars in and out manually, but the checks only used to last for about 30 mins after the game, short enough to waste by looking round the shops or getting a coffee somewhere.

When I come out the ground there is no security to be seen anywhere and as I say, I have parked there every single home game this season and I have never seen anyone checking and have never ever received anything through the post telling me I have been fined.

I would say it is completely safe to park there and I see loads and loads of City fans do exactly the same as me.

This is just between us though. Don't let the word get around or I might not be able to find a space anymore. ;)

rupert_bear

I know of people in the early Ricoh days who parked there for the match, bought an item from Tesco, shoes or whatever for over £25 and took them back on the way home at another Tesco. As said it is almost impossible to police and not really an issue unless we start getting big crowds back

Might be interesting when the train station is operating though !

Last edited:

Captain Dart

I know of people in the early Ricoh days who parked there for the match, bought an item from Tesco, shoes or whatever for over £25 and took them back on the way home at another Tesco. As said it is almost impossible to police and not really an issue unless we start getting big crowds back.

And anyway, a lot of people that park for the game pop into Tesco for a few food items on the way in or out, result every body wins, a long as the car park is not rammed too much.

westofrayne

When I come out the ground there is no security to be seen anywhere and as I say, I have parked there every single home game this season and I have never seen anyone checking and have never ever received anything through the post telling me I have been fined.

I would say it is completely safe to park there and I see loads and loads of City fans do exactly the same as me.

This is just between us though. Don't let the word get around or I might not be able to find a space anymore. ;)

Thanks for all the reply s, been parking in 'C' CP but fed up of the aggravation getting out with people driving all over the place to save 30 seconds. Last night game I drove from C to Tescos to get a drink for the long drive home, so was thinking parking in tesco's, get a drink after the game the head for the A14 / any other road they can force you on when playing putting out cones to piss motorist off (anybody goes that way to Huntingdon will know what I mean!)

rupert_bear

You often go to the Ricoh on a weekday and see loads of cars parked at Arena end obviously to be nearer the Stadium for some function. If and when the shoppers can't get in on a match day they may do something until then they won't.

SkyBlue_Bear83

My dad was fined once, he complained and got about £100 in free vouchers from tesco.
He'd been shopping that morning and spent over a £100 in tesco, because he had left the car park that morning and then came back to use the car park later in the day for the match they tried to fine him

shmmeee

I've parked there every game at the Ricoh I've been to never had an issue.

Besides it's a private fine, just tell them to fuck off with one of the template letters online and you won't have to pay it.

Kingokings204

Yes never had a problem. I don't see how they could possible police it. How do they know who is shopping and football or Doing both?

It's a sham and never even been checked. Seems everyone on here does it and doesn't have a problem either.

It's only a private fine anyway. Ccfc are in league 1 getting 8k gates so maybe different if in the premier league getting quadruple that?

Sick Boy

Yeah, I do wonder how they police it or how they can prove anything.

There was a massive Tescos next to the Chesterfield ground, and I mean right next to it, and we parked there without any problems as did most of Chesterfield by the looks of it.

They can't do, Ive had a couple before and just ignored them and never heard anything else.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

park at pizza hut by the petrol station. no limit, no fee.

Users who are viewing this thread