terry retires from internationals (1 Viewer)

Wilkpool

One of our better defenders in the last 20 years..although an idiot at times .very good servant for england

I agree and I bet there are 91 other teams in the league who would have him in there team, er....maybe 90 because QPR might not find a spot in their racial equality side

Gaz

I like JT, great player and a real lion at the back for England.

Gutted he don't be around the setup anymore.

dadgad

Good riddance.
Sort of vile human being that shud b learning a bit of humility not lording over England as if he's resigning over a principle.
JT and principles!!
Don't make me laugh.

skybluedaze

One of our better defenders in the last 20 years..although an idiot at times .very good servant for england

Don't want to get into all the legalities surrounding John Terry, just want to say that he's been a fantastic Centre Half for England and we'll struggle to replace him in terms of determination and spirit. He put his body on the line every time he put on the shirt which is what playing for England is all about. He was a great leader on the pitch as well. Rio wasn't bad either. But time to move on. We've got some decent defenders still, so onwards and upwards.

Otis

Who the hell cares?! He's a racist old has-been. We've got plenty of younger centre-backs who could waltz into Terry's shoes. Glad he's gone. This racism saga wont affect the England team anymore. No more excuses

FA: "Accepted by everyone involved in the proceedings that Mr. Terry is not a racist."

Grendel

FA: "Accepted by everyone involved in the proceedings that Mr. Terry is not a racist."

True but they also said they did not believe his version of events and concluded he said what he said out of anger.

This was also effectively the conclusion reached at the initial trial so the judgements are essentially consistent.

He had not been proved a racist but his character is not unscathed.

Users who are viewing this thread