Terry hall (2 Viewers)

alexccfc99

Yeah, very sad news but Terry never really had anything decent to say about Coventry or the football team.
Couldn’t be further from the truth - He put Coventry on the Music Map and did a lot for the City of Culture bid as well as coming back to play sets in the city countless times

The good he did for the City on the whole completely outweighs where his football allegiance may have lied - It would be the right thing for the club to do something on Wednesday night

Peter Billing Eyes

Couldn’t be further from the truth - He put Coventry on the Music Map and did a lot for the City of Culture bid as well as coming back to play sets in the city countless times

The good he did for the City on the whole completely outweighs where his football allegiance may have lied - It would be the right thing for the club to do something on Wednesday night
I wasn’t talking purely about football. Just because he put Coventry on the music map doesn’t mean he liked the place, he was the first Special to leave Cov after John Bradbury and made some pretty disparaging comments about the place.

torchomatic

He was a self - confessed Man Utd fan

So fucking what? It's not all about football.

To be fair, he did more for Coventry than our football team ever did.

RIP. TERRY.

clint van damme

He said he didn't have a good word to say about the city, and that's 100 per cent correct. Any interview where he mentions the city its always in the negative.
Still sad news right enough, RIP.

Johnnythespider

In a beach hut in Bournemouth 1979 I first heard Peter Powell play gangsters, ska was new to me and I loved it, and then he said they were from Cov. RIP Terry, the voice of a disenfranchised youth.

Covcraig@bury

I used to drink pretty much every night in Shades and Terry,Neville and Lynval was in most nights . Just their presence was enough to pick the place up in the grim old days of the late 70s early 80s .
This is our identity so RIP Terry and thank you for the songs and the memories.

pusbccfc

He said he didn't have a good word to say about the city, and that's 100 per cent correct. Any interview where he mentions the city its always in the negative.
Still sad news right enough, RIP.

99% of people from Coventry say negative things about it but we're all proud to be from the city.

Covkid1968#

So fucking what? It's not all about football.

To be fair, he did more for Coventry than our football team ever did.

RIP. TERRY.
Well said that man. Yes it was irritating that he was United but feck me he did more than most to put the City of Coventry on the world map.

Otis

I wasn’t talking purely about football. Just because he put Coventry on the music map doesn’t mean he liked the place, he was the first Special to leave Cov after John Bradbury and made some pretty disparaging comments about the place.
I live here. I was born here. I love Coventry, but I have said many disparaging remarks about the city too. It used to be an awful, oppressive place at times and ugly too.

The 70's were especially grim. Many, many of us have slagged the place off. True Coventry kids.

Johnnythespider

I live here. I was born here. I love Coventry, but I have said many disparaging remarks about the city too. It used to be an awful, oppressive place at times and ugly too.

The 70's were especially grim. Many, many of us have slagged the place off. True Coventry kids.
Concrete Jungle

Users who are viewing this thread