Terry Butcher for Manager? (1 Viewer)

old_wheat

Just to throw a different name into the hat, how about Terry Butcher? He knows the club, and is doing a great job at Inverness CT, challenging for Europe (albeit in a poor league) with limited resources.

He looks unhappy at the moment at the moment aswell.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21471225

torchomatic

Yes, he knows the club. he was also one of the WORST managers we've had. Along with him, Neal, Strachan and McAllister. Amazing really that all these excellent players can be so SHIT at management.

Just to throw a different name into the hat, how about Terry Butcher? He knows the club, and is doing a great job at Inverness CT, challenging for Europe (albeit in a poor league) with limited resources.

He looks unhappy at the moment at the moment aswell.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21471225

deanocity3

Butcher not my choice
sold cyrille because butcher wanted to get rid of the 87 team,brought in coaches mick mills and I think Dixie Mc Neill,
was player manager for a bit and was city's youngest ever manager then.The goals dried up and was sacked replaced by Don Howe

Butcher was one of the main reasons we didn't progress as a club. Sillett was doing ok (I think we were 10th in the top division at the time) when he was sacked and Butcher took over. One of the worst decisions ever made and there's been a few.

deanocity3

Butcher was one of the main reasons we didn't progress as a club. Sillett was doing ok (I think we were 10th in the top division at the time) when he was sacked and Butcher took over. One of the worst decisions ever made and there's been a few.

Sillett was going to retire at the end of that season,But Chairman John Poynton decided to sack him so a new manager would have half a season to bed in then build for the following one.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
One of my all time favourite England players (although I'm a Paddy!). But a manager? Absolutely not! I remember his time here. Bloody useless. Sorry. Bad call.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Sold Cyrille Regis which I will never forgive him for, the greatest player I have ever seen in a city shirt. Got sacked by us and then went to Sunderland as manager mid season who were mid table at the time in the league below us and they went on to survive relegation by the skin of their teeth on the final day of the season.

mattylad

Will always remember the tesitmonail where we all sung Terry Butcher what a w@nk3r what a w@nk3r and speedo turned round and clapped us lol :claping hands:

Delboycov

Truly awful manager for us and it's astounded me how he's managed to sustain any sort of managerial career over the years albeit primarily in a micky mouse league. Do remember though his 1st win as manager was the 5-4 Forest League cup game which remains one of the most amazing games I've ever seen.

torchomatic

True, that Forest game was amazing.

philmcc

I remember being a trainee groundsman at ryton when he was in charge, I accidentally hit my foot with a hammer while he was warming down...he picked me up and carried me to the treatment room and got the physio to check me out...he was a good guy, didn't like the way he used to stick me in goal when he wanted to practice his shooting though ...w@nker

Sumo the Micky Quinn

Will always remember the tesitmonail where we all sung Terry Butcher what a w@nk3r what a w@nk3r and speedo turned round and clapped us lol :claping hands:

Was it silletts testimonial, when speedie started the game for Tottenham then swithed sides/shirts. This was also the game when oggy came out to play in every position, if i remember he scored. Also the game got stopped a few times to throw the ball up for houchen to recreate his diving header in front of the west end. I think the game finished 7-5.

hutch1972

TB, the man who was being paid to play as well as manage ,then decides after a few games to hang up his boots. That cheeky bstard took us to court and should never darken these gates again . We have probably just finshed paying him off

CovMatt1987

my hope is we really put the work in to try and dig out a new up and coming manager again who can really lead us forward. the benefit is not high profile, wont come with the same level of baggage, should be at a pretty good price, and will have new fresh ideas.

Bennosdancingfeet

Truly awful manager for us and it's astounded me how he's managed to sustain any sort of managerial career over the years albeit primarily in a micky mouse league. Do remember though his 1st win as manager was the 5-4 Forest League cup game which remains one of the most amazing games I've ever seen.

Thought his first game was Liverpool at home?

shy_tall_knight

Yes Nov 90 v Liverpool was his first game, collided with Oggy leading to their first goal. Got rid of Trevor Peake, Speedie, Regis, Killer and brought us Paul Furlong Nuddy Peter Atherton Robert Rosario Ray Woods

Ray woods? Long flowing locks? Furlong went on to do quite well at Chelsea if I remember. Always remember Rosario scoring with his back!

Users who are viewing this thread