Terror attack in Manchester? (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Number of people stabbed at random in the Arndale Centre.

It happens the same week the brother of the Manchester bomber appears in court. Might be linked, might not.

Anyway, hopefully no fatalities.

Nick

Administrator
Hopefully they are ok and injuries aren't too bad.

Maybe the bloke who did it should vanish on the way to the station.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Hopefully they are ok and injuries aren't too bad.

Maybe the bloke who did it should vanish on the way to the station.
Those police vans can be very uncomfortable, i understand. Hope he doesn't come out with too many inexplicable bruises or broken bones!

OffenhamSkyBlue

The definition of terrorism includes the requirement that "the threat is made for the purpose of advancing a political, religious, racial or ideological cause", rather than just being someone with an axe to grind or is having some kind of episode. But, sure, the ideology they espouse may well have arisen from some kind of mental illness (voices in the head, etc).

ccfc92

The definition of terrorism includes the requirement that "the threat is made for the purpose of advancing a political, religious, racial or ideological cause", rather than just being someone with an axe to grind or is having some kind of episode. But, sure, the ideology they espouse may well have arisen from some kind of mental illness (voices in the head, etc).

That covers religion surely? "God spoke to me"

OffenhamSkyBlue

Of course, a "racial cause" could be a white bloke wanting to stab people he think might be Islamic and out to do the country harm, so could still be defined as terrorism, though probably just a deluded basket case!

fernandopartridge

Suspect re-arresed on suspicion of the commission, preparation and instigation of an act of terrorism. He is black (if that matters).

David O'Day

Suspect re-arresed on suspicion of the commission, preparation and instigation of an act of terrorism. He is black (if that matters).
They also said in the same statement they dont know the reason for the attack. He was arrested on suspicion of terrorism during to.the nature of the attack not because they are sure it was terrorism. Let's not decide it's terrorism before the facts are out.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

OffenhamSkyBlue

I don't think the bloke's any more a terrorist than i am (i'm not, by the way!!). He's just deranged! People jumping to so many conclusions, and the hand-wringing on Twitter is unbelievable. No-one gives a shit if "your thoughts are with those affected".
Jeee-zus!

fernandopartridge

They also said in the same statement they dont know the reason for the attack. He was arrested on suspicion of terrorism during to.the nature of the attack not because they are sure it was terrorism. Let's not decide it's terrorism before the facts are out.

There is a question mark in the thread title

dancers lance

There is a question mark in the thread title
It has more of the hallmarks of a person having a mental episode.

What a load of shit. As if you know the "hallmarks of a person having a mental episode" I would be interested to know what "hallmarks" you picked up on that convinced you this could not be an act of terrorism? Because, most people, looking at the minute by minute facts, would have said this had all the "hallmarks" of a terrorist attack given we have suffered identical attacks against the public in the past.

hill83

If you look at the picture of him being detained, his left calf doesn't look very black to me. Does he identify as black, maybe???

To be fair I'm mixed race myself but would you know that based on my profile photo? Doubt it.

hill83

Can you post a pic of your calf?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

fernandopartridge

What a load of shit. As if you know the "hallmarks of a person having a mental episode" I would be interested to know what "hallmarks" you picked up on that convinced you this could not be an act of terrorism? Because, most people, looking at the minute by minute facts, would have said this had all the "hallmarks" of a terrorist attack given we have suffered identical attacks against the public in the past.
In fairness the hallmarks are not mutually exclusive

David O'Day

Well as the person has now been detained under the mental health act and the GMP have said they haven't yet found any racial, religious or political motivation it's wrong to call it a terror attack.

pastythegreat

Well as the person has now been detained under the mental health act and the GMP have said they haven't yet found any racial, religious or political motivation it's wrong to call it a terror attack.
Did it create a sense of terror in Manchester? Were people in the local area who heard/seen/witnessed it scared for their own/other peoples lives?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread