Tennis balls - Sheffield United Game (1 Viewer)

SussexSkyBlue

I have been viewing the various threads on how to protest against Sheffield United.

Just an idea, I don't know if anyone viewed this at the time but during a game between Sevilla and Levante in protest to how much money Madrid and Barca receive compared to the rest of the league.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iovOZ7sRA3U

The idea of the protest was to disturb the game and delay the start of a Madrid fixture that was following on the television the game after.

I think this would be a great idea for a protest and could be either done within the ground or tennis balls could be thrown into the ground from outside.

The tennis balls could have written on them "time to talk" in reference to ACL, SISU, FA etc

Just an idea..

Discuss

PUSB

NINOOVCOV

Probably get slagged for this but i agree 100%. Its about time we as Cov Fans started playing dirty. Its absolutely disgusting that Cov are not in Cov.

steveo1987

I have been viewing the various threads on how to protest against Sheffield United.

Just an idea, I don't know if anyone viewed this at the time but during a game between Sevilla and Levante in protest to how much money Madrid and Barca receive compared to the rest of the league.

The idea of the protest was to disturb the game and delay the start of a Madrid fixture that was following on the television the game after.

I think this would be a great idea for a protest and could be either done within the ground or tennis balls could be thrown into the ground from outside.

The tennis balls could have written on them "time to talk" in reference to ACL, SISU, FA etc

Just an idea..

Discuss

PUSB

As one of our players turns an ankle on one,absolute genius idea

MichaelCCFC

A stunt like this would attract brief attention. However, that brief burst of attention would come at a high price: Sky have given kcic excellent coverage, including last Sunday, but be in absolutely no doubt that any disruption of a Sky game would lead Sky to never give us any positive coverage again and quite possibly report very negatively on us; even a potential hint of a risk to players will immediately have us labelled as being against the team; any behaviour which is not beyond reproach will lead us to immediately be labelled as nothing more than hooligans which is exactly what sepalla and the FL want. This is a war of attrition not a one off event. We need to portray sisu and the FL as anti-football, they are the ones causing disruption and ripping a football club apart. We are the reasonable voice in this affair and are the long-suffering dedicated but disrespected fans who are the true custodians of ccfc and football itself. So if you want to destroy the kcic campaign then go ahead with disrupting the game and causing trouble of various sorts. If you want to save ccfc then it means standing together on Jimmy's Hill in as large numbers as we can muster and making as much noise as we can to support our team (drums are good but whistles during the game are bad because they might interfere with the ref's whistle) and our voice and message will be heard loud and clear, gaining public and media support and piling yet more pressure on sisu and the FL.

singers_pore

It's a tough call as there are reasonable arguments on both sides for taking a more or less confrontational position.

However Michael and his team have done an excellent job thus far in terms of getting publicity. So I think we should perhaps give his non-confrontational strategy a chance to work before we resort to disrupting any games.

singers_pore

And you will be arrested

It's a shame that Fisher and co have not been arrested for their illegal actions (e.g., non-filing of accounts which is a violation of Company Law). It seems like it is one rule for them and a different rule for the supporters.

@richh87

You cant go around throwing objects.

I get that we're the only ones not acting like arseholes, but that is what makes the media and other supporters want to help us.

pusbccfc

It's a bloody tennis ball? What if we started playing football and a few few got kicked over?

Matty_CCFC

Probably get slagged for this but i agree 100%. Its about time we as Cov Fans started playing dirty. Its absolutely disgusting that Cov are not in Cov.

Am with you on this one, as long as no one gets hurt I do not mind getting nicked if it delays the start of the game.

NorthernWisdom

Im not,its the 1500 scabs that are.

Only if it stops the sisu rentboys from watching their franchise team.

Right, I've finally concluded *you* must be the SISU plant around here.

Given michael has made a great deal of the fact that this is not about turning on those going, the only conclusion I can reach is you want to put people off turning up to protests, you want small numbers there, you want to give the impression of apathy and/or a divided fanbase.

Gint11

Disrupting our players during games isnt going to help them and tennis balls everywhere isnt going to make SISU go back to the Ricoh.

@richh87

We shouldn't throw anything, and we should stop those who try to.

It's needs to be peaceful or the footballing world will lose any sympathy it had for us.

We should focus on totally drowning out the stadium and commentators with noise from drums, horns and singing.

Covstu

You can see the headlines now 'Coventry fans throwing missiles onto the pitch' if that's the type of protest you want then knock yourself out bud. I suppose the picnic would have to stop for a while though.....

valiant15

Right, I've finally concluded *you* must be the SISU plant around here.

Given michael has made a great deal of the fact that this is not about turning on those going, the only conclusion I can reach is you want to put people off turning up to protests, you want small numbers there, you want to give the impression of apathy and/or a divided fanbase.

The fanbase is well and truly divided. Our club has been moved to another town and still people go as if everything is rosey. They are a disgrace.

I highly doubt you would receive a criminal record/arrest for this type of action.
Out of the 10 (?) who invaded the pitch at Crawley earlier in the season, only 4 were caught and from that they were cautioned (a telling off/warning). One of the invaders also possessed a bit of weed on his person but still only received a caution. Since then I know of at least 1 of them who have been to cov games since with no hassle from police or any authority.
As long as tennis balls are not aggressively launched at players heads I think you would be fine.
I still think the hill with banners and pyrotechnics is a better idea however.

valiant15

Are the different to the ACL rentboys watching the franchise team from the hill?
Whats acl got to do with anything? We don't play at the Ricoh anymore. I don't see any acl rentboys, I see people furious about their team being moved to another town.

Covstu

Whats acl got to do with anything? We don't play at the Ricoh anymore. I don't see any acl rentboys, I see people furious about their team being moved to another town.

as opposed to people just wanting to watch their team??

skybluepm2

On a different note, shouldn't KCIC be renamed GCBIC (get Cov back in Cov)..keep Cov in Cov implies that we're still here when we aren't. We've already been snatched by that fat burglar and his henchmen. Doesn't quite have the same ring to it, just being an arse and pointing out a grammatical error on the brand logo

luwalla

A stunt like this would attract brief attention. However, that brief burst of attention would come at a high price: Sky have given kcic excellent coverage, including last Sunday, but be in absolutely no doubt that any disruption of a Sky game would lead Sky to never give us any positive coverage again and quite possibly report very negatively on us; even a potential hint of a risk to players will immediately have us labelled as being against the team; any behaviour which is not beyond reproach will lead us to immediately be labelled as nothing more than hooligans which is exactly what sepalla and the FL want. This is a war of attrition not a one off event. We need to portray sisu and the FL as anti-football, they are the ones causing disruption and ripping a football club apart. We are the reasonable voice in this affair and are the long-suffering dedicated but disrespected fans who are the true custodians of ccfc and football itself. So if you want to destroy the kcic campaign then go ahead with disrupting the game and causing trouble of various sorts. If you want to save ccfc then it means standing together on Jimmy's Hill in as large numbers as we can muster and making as much noise as we can to support our team (drums are good but whistles during the game are bad because they might interfere with the ref's whistle) and our voice and message will be heard loud and clear, gaining public and media support and piling yet more pressure on sisu and the FL.

im not sure if the tennis balls thing is the right or wrong thing to do.. ive actually given up trying to work out what is right & wrong now!!

but your 'lets be clear' comment regarding sky is way off the mark in my view.. its a league 1 match, with a few hundred people scattered around a poxy & dull stadium.. sky would most likely enjoy the added drama that this 'tennis ball' thing would bring.. and even that aside, weather they secretly enjoyed it or not, i really dont think they wouldnt suddenly stop giving the KCIC campaign positive coverage because if it. yeah it might delay the match by 5 or 10 mins.. but they would just cut short all the post match stuff after the game, and they would certainly milk it for all its worth... it would give them something to replay on sky sports news every bloody hour

Just an idea..

Discuss

PUSB

Sorry PUSB92, that would be a total disaster for our cause and play directly into SISU's hands as they would spin it to show that they are the 'Hurt party’ in all of this mess.
The dignified and strong protests (Albeit needing more folk) will eat into the psyche of those that hear and see and that will help generate positive support. Just think about it for a few moments, when you have seen stunts pulled to raise awareness. The impact is often short lived but leaves a sense that the participants are extremist in some way.
Increasing the awareness and garnering support towards the KCIC will work in achieving our aim, but stunts that create issues for others outside of the current protagonist (SISU, FL, FA, ACL, CCC) would be counterproductive in my view.
I think the major protest outside the ground with more out than in would be a real message that all media forms would follow up. Then Michael and those coordinating will be heard. Let’s do nothing to drown out their voice.

The fanbase is well and truly divided. Our club has been moved to another town and still people go as if everything is rosey. They are a disgrace.

No Valiant, they are not a disgrace, they are fans who have a different view than you (Or I as it happens) We, from both sides of the argument are still Sky Blue fans and whilst there may be different ways of going about it, while we stick together, we shall...............................Oh... you get the point.

Users who are viewing this thread