Tennis balls at the emirates? (1 Viewer)

H

Huckerby

I feel like the Arsenal game is going to be our biggest audience for a very long time. That and it being on TV, I think we should make the most of the opportunity to do something big...purely for national attention. We cannot let it die down.

What about the tennis ball idea, throwing a KCIC/SISU OUT ball each on to the pitch, delaying an FA cup game live on TV?

Ashdown1

That's actually a pretty good idea at first sight.................might be a backlash though if said delay then means City fans struggle to get the trains home !

LB87ccfc

Very good idea, and would get national attention, unsure how many will make the trip now it's a Friday night though...

_brian_

And then we could make a racket*!!!

(*This works brilliantly, because it means the tool you use to hit a tennis ball and to make a loud noise!!!)

I feel like the Arsenal game is going to be our biggest audience for a very long time. That and it being on TV, I think we should make the most of the opportunity to do something big...purely for national attention. We cannot let it die down.

What about the tennis ball idea, throwing a KCIC/SISU OUT ball each on to the pitch, delaying an FA cup game live on TV?

Sorry, but if you really want to lose national sympathy for our plight disrupting a high-profile game is the best way to do it. I know that there are plans being put together for effective publicity without risking our reputation.

RoboCCFC90

Why doesn't hold a black shirt up at a specific moment of a match in protest.

LB87ccfc

Sorry, but if you really want to lose national sympathy for our plight disrupting a high-profile game is the best way to do it. I know that there are plans being put together for effective publicity without risking our reputation.

What reputation? other clubs laugh their ball's off and don't give a fuck

jimmyhillsfanclub

No point in trying to organise any sort of in-ground protest......we spent about 2 months going around in ever decreasing circles trying to agree on a strategy for the Sheff Utd SKY game......in the end, nothing happened either inside or outside as we had ZERO leadership from any fans groups....

shmmeee

Signs would be good.

"Bring us home" and other non-partisan messages.

Nothing disruptive, targets should be FL and a focus on "get us home" rather than who is to blame.

Maybe something about "We are not 'Coventry Area' City" but that might just be me :)

LB87ccfc

No point in trying to organise any sort of in-ground protest......we spent about 2 months going around in ever decreasing circles trying to agree on a strategy for the Sheff Utd SKY game......in the end, nothing happened either inside or outside as we had ZERO leadership from any fans groups....

Because the fans groups talk shit? well I applaud Michael more for trying.

shmmeee

Needs to be something that requires no forethought by the majority. Something a few can do or something a few can hand out to many would work.

_brian_

Signs would be good.

"Bring us home" and other non-partisan messages.

Nothing disruptive, targets should be FL and a focus on "get us home" rather than who is to blame.

Maybe something about "We are not 'Coventry Area' City" but that might just be me :)

Or "We are not CAC" for short! Just an idea. Might fit on some banners easier!!!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Why not just give the game a miss?
Reasons: SISU would get less of a share of the gate.
We'll probably lose anyway.
It'll be on SKY so watch at home.
The cameras would pan around at some point to show the empty away end. That would HAVE to give the pundits in the studio something to talk about!
And there'd be no worries about making the train journey home!

**I'll get my coat!** :whistle:

Last edited:

LB87ccfc

Why not just give the game a miss?
Reasons: SISU would get less of a share of the gate.
We'll probably lose anyway.
It'll be on SKY so watch at home.
The cameras would pan around at some point to show the empty away end. That would HAVE to give the pundits in the studio something to talk about!

**I'll get my coat!** :whistle:

Best suggestion in a while, fuck Arsenal watch on the TV and go to Preston for a much more important game ( if you can afford it)

jimmyhillsfanclub

Except that for a fair few of those planning to go to Arsenal, it will probably be their only game of the season/year (at least since the JPT final) & its a big night out......There will be at least 6500 city fans there regardless of any attempts to boycott....

H

Huckerby

jimmyhillsfanclub, I know I know. It's just annoying when we could make such an impression if we all did something together. I think protest ideas are hard to stick to when probably 1% of fans are on this forum.

I would be willing to flyer around the city and give things out in the city centre if there was an agreed protest idea...?

mighty quinn

Harsh but true

skybluesam66

pat down for most - but a tennis ball in your pants - just day youve had a vasectomy last week - ive heard they can end up like tennis balls

RoboCCFC90

Why doesn't hold a black shirt up at a specific moment of a match in protest.

I actually thought this was a good idea? Everyone has an old black T-Shirt surely?

Just say on the 15th minute (coincidental because we have played 15 games at Northampton) everyone raises their black T-Shit or vest for a minute as a sign of objection at the move to Northampton and of the building of a stadium outside the City boundaries? Simple, peaceful and costs nothing.

jesus-wept

I don't think disrupting a game is the way forward, will certainly bring Police action. Just thousands of newspaper size hand held posters with sisu out on held up at appropriate times would suffice, Arsenal fans may join in too, lob loads of missiles on the pitch would attract aggro.from Arsenal supporters.

LB87ccfc

I don't think disrupting a game is the way forward, will certainly bring Police action. Just thousands of newspaper size hand held posters with sisu out on held up at appropriate times would suffice, Arsenal fans may join in too, lob loads of missiles on the pitch would attract aggro.from Arsenal supporters.

Aggro from Arsenal supporters? now comon, the last time we was down there, it was like a huge school assembly.

Probs the softest bunch in London, but we could be fined yes, although the numbers will be considerably smaller for this one now it's on a Friday night.

Covstu

i think the non attendance is the best idea but you know this wont happen even though cost wise it would be cheaper to go to Preston. Still think the visit to FL HQ is the best way to go and just simply support the boys on the night as per normal.

runner

Not a bad idea ... but suspect they may frisk those going in for tennis balls if they read this forum ! :eek:)

The game is on BT Sport.

BT Sport, unlike Sky, LOVE to see fans reactions/protests. Cardiff v Liverpool had one of the best coverages of their protest regarding Mackay v Tan that I have seen. The pundits were outside on the pitch giving their thoughts on the game whilst the cameras were placed perfectly to see the cardiff fans post match protest, with plenty of close ups of their banners and what not.

I think a pre/post match protest would be ideal, the cameras will cover it. They also tend to zoom into fans singing and chanting more than SKY do in their games. This is one of the best opportunities we have had to show everyone how we feel. Something HAS to be organised.

magic82ball

And the beauty of it all would be SISU landed with a fine for failure to control their fans (cue evil laugh)

letsallsingtogether

Beg to differ we had people organising different things but it was the fans who couldn't be bothered to turn up that did nothing, and then expect everything, Individuals cannot do it on their own seems like most really don't care any more.
Must be a hard core of about 6 fans that try and attend every protest or scheme organised no matter how stupid people think it is, bit pathetic for a so called big club. :mad:

More and more are giving up the fight due to no support and

swisstony

Is holding up red cards too boring?
Could look like Arsenal support I suppose!
Would be easy enough to organize though

VegetableSamosa

We need a group of people, say 5-10, in the ground handing out big, bold "BRING US HOME" type posters to everyone they see and asking people hold them up throughout the game. Add that to a few flags of a similar ilk. Surely the trust could arrange that?

I live in Essex so have a few Arsenal supporting mates who want to go with me. Also know a few foreigners who love the premiership and want to see Arsenal/The Emirates who are game to go. These are people who have no clue about our plight and would see the protest and be educated about the problem - probably gaining support. I don't think this is a game to boycott.

Users who are viewing this thread