Tell me about Kevin Drinkell (1 Viewer)

Speedie's Head

What was the story? Big signing, 800k. We were told that he was injured but he used to drink in Kenilworth with David Smith and he told me to my face that he was fit. Frozen out by the manager but why?

Samo

Goodness, where do we start...

Grendel

Well you mentioned the pub..

fatso

We thought we could shop at Harrods, but bought a player who's knees had gone.

It didn't help matters that we expected him to pick the ball up on the half way line which wasn't his game.

Rumour has it that we we signed Drinkell when we could of signed Niall Quinn.

fatso

What was the story? Big signing, 800k. We were told that he was injured but he used to drink in Kenilworth with David Smith and he told me to my face that he was fit. Frozen out by the manager but why?
He wasn't frozen out at all, he was dropped for being ineffective. 5 goals in 40 appearances isn't good enough for your big signing centre forward. And on top of that he had clearly lost the pace and mobility he displayed when at Norwich.
I'm sure he feels hard done to, but trust me, no one complained when he was off loaded.
A terrible signing and a waste of money in hindsight.

Calista

If that's true it's the most depressing thing I've heard for ages, and not just because of the grammar ;)
Quinn would have been awesome.

Last edited:

fatso

That doesn't explain the BS about his fitness fatso
It's fact not BS. You may wish to think differently, but he was finished before he came here, and never even had a proper medical before he signed.
After he left here he had a very brief spell at Birmingham before heading to Scotland to see out his career as a bit part player.

Calista

It's fact not BS. You may wish to think differently, but he was finished before he came here, and never even had a proper medical before he signed.
After he left here he had a very brief spell at Birmingham before heading to Scotland to see out his career as a bit part player.
He did look hopelessly out of touch here, and a massive disappointment

Terry Gibson's perm

Didn’t he score an overhead kick on his debut against Grimsby, he was a washed up waste of space like Alan Brazil.

Now a car salesman in Scotland.

bulko

I think t was his debut I was standing in the west end he jumped to head the ball after it had passed him I thought at the time he’s rubbish but I was a teenager at the time.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

He was everything David Speedie wasn't.

archieboy

I remember him asking me for a light in the chesford! Always on the piss around Leamington

slowpoke

[/QUOTE]
At the time John Sillett was in for him, Nial Quinn or John Aldrich
Not the best in the transfer market was Sillett bless him.

Users who are viewing this thread