Telegraph says we have bought the Brandon speedway site. (1 Viewer)

luwalla

we havent brought it.. we have agreed a deal.. thats a long way from actually being purchased , especially with SISU being the purchasing party!!

also a great coincidence that this news breaks on the day that the club are to sit down with ACL .. certainly puts some pressure on ACL doesn't it ?

but yeah in short, they have offered an amount.. the owner has accepted it, now its onto contract negotiations.. and then finally the signing of contracts.. which even then, might have a cooling off period. so where we are right now is pretty much the same as you advertising your car for sale for 5k, me ringing you and saying it sounds a nice car, will you take 4.5k to which you agree.. and i say, cool i'll be round in an hour... how many times does that person never even show up ;)

Last edited:

Sub

if i was ACL i would ask to see SISU's receipt for it :pointlaugh: otherwise i would just think its more bullshit from SISU !!

DazzleTommyDazzle

Never having lived in Coventry (my Dad is to blame for my obsession), I don't know this site at all.

There were a number of comments about it when it was first suggested a few weeks ago, but putting all anti-SISU or anti- ACL views to one side, how realistic would it be to build a reasonable sized football stadium there?

Sub

Never having lived in Coventry (my Dad is to blame for my obsession), I don't know this site at all.

There were a number of comments about it when it was first suggested a few weeks ago, but putting all anti-SISU or anti- ACL views to one side, how realistic would it be to build a reasonable sized football stadium there?

no chance at all one road in and out access is awful no where to park either

Gint11

The site itself is huge, a lot bigger than the site the Ricoh sits on but it is one road in and one road out. The current layout wouldnt handle the volume of traffic even for a poor City attendance.

letsallsingtogether

Maybe they just want to own a speedway team? and see if they can make a better job of that or maybe they just want to kill off another part of Coventry's Sporting history.:(

torchomatic

Agree. It's not the space - I think there's plenty of that, it's the road infrastructure that lets the site down.

letsallsingtogether

But could they not build a new road at the back of the site from the back of Broad St RFC
Agree. It's not the space - I think there's plenty of that, it's the road infrastructure that lets the site down.

jesus-wept

Surprise surprise on the eve of an eleventh hour meeting to discuss the ground share proposal a headline is submitted saying the club has agreed a site for any new ground AND added to that have another lined up just in case according to their owners there has been no approach for the old Peugoet site or Ansty park.The site at Brandon is currently a frozen asset by HMRC, there is an on going spat between owner Avtar Sandhu and a convicted money launderer known as Mickey Singh, would need planning permission from Warwickshire for either site (where in Warwickshire could the other be ?) and after getting round all that would possibly need permission from the Secretary of State. Another desperate attempt by a desperate organisation to get this CVA signed...NO SURRENDER

Last edited:

skybluesam66

anybody go to yeovil last year - access was much worse than brandon

Any railway lines near Brandon - we can campaign for the railway station to be built :thinking about:

T

true sky blue

im not sure planning permission will be a problem, to build a stadium where there is already a stadium? should the local authority refuse that i believe another judicial review would be applied. its not going to happen, this is sisu welding their power - saying to the council "if you really love the club as you say - sell up - let us own a proper football club. If not - this is what we will or can do. either way the tide of opinion may start turning against the council very soon if and when the fans start to see the council are the actual stumbling block to us simply playing in the Ricoh.

T

true sky blue

building a new road (or 2) would be no problem. its actually a very good site if you think about, its as near to coventry as its going to get and i hope to see it as a multi venue where the bees could continue (should it actually happen)

CCFC_GT

building a new road (or 2) would be no problem. its actually a very good site if you think about, its as near to coventry as its going to get and i hope to see it as a multi venue where the bees could continue (should it actually happen)

And that's another debt SISU would saddle the club with and not have a hope in hell of recovering when they try to sell for gazumpteen million.

jesus-wept

How old are you ? Building a road or 2 no problem !! .
They have just released plans to update the A45/A46 island after over 25 years of debate. In fact that was first thought of in 1935. I have more chance of becoming Pope than a new stadium being built on the Brandon site and I'm protestant. Who will pay for these no problem one or two roads ? Have you a solution then for the current national debt then ?

Sub

might struggle with building new roads seen as they are not aloud to build an extra road out of the hospital to the eastern bypass because of the concern over traffic and accidents !!

Si80

Too many NIMBY's in Brandon. They hate the fact that theirs the speedway there which brings a few thousand people every week. They'll be up in arms at the thought of 10K a week turning up to a football stadium.

Will never happen.

dongonzalos

im not sure planning permission will be a problem, to build a stadium where there is already a stadium? should the local authority refuse that i believe another judicial review would be applied. its not going to happen, this is sisu welding their power - saying to the council "if you really love the club as you say - sell up - let us own a proper football club. If not - this is what we will or can do. either way the tide of opinion may start turning against the council very soon if and when the fans start to see the council are the actual stumbling block to us simply playing in the Ricoh.

I think the majority of people always believed SISU would buy land.

Future purchases of land are covered by the debenture.
Land will hold value and can be sold at break even point or for a profit with small developments on it. Including improving the existing facilities.

This means absolutely nothing.

SISU will not build a 30 million pound stadium on it.

What grounds would there be to have a JR against Warwickshire Council?

skybluelee

anybody go to yeovil last year - access was much worse than brandon

Any railway lines near Brandon - we can campaign for the railway station to be built :thinking about:

Yeovil are essentially a non-league size club who are having a purple period decade. We are a decent-sized Championship club going through a decade of hell. In the long run to even talk about the two clubs in the same breath is utter nonsense.

SkyBlueRuffian

M6, A46, A45, M45 and the M40 are all close by, also the M1, so the Brandon site would bean ideal location in my opinion. Ok there will be a higher volume of traffic on matchdays, but that's the case at most stadiums up and down the country.

I believe SISU mean business and whether they agree to play at the Ricoh for the next 3 seasons rather than Sixfields (this has to happen) or not, a new stadium will happen.

skybluelee

Speaking as a non-local, where the hell is this site? Can't find anything on goole maps for Brandon, apart from in Suffolk!

SkyBlueHomer

I wouldn't believe a word of it but saying that SISU could claim the pope is catholic & at the minute I wouldn't believe them.

There is no way the residents will lie down easy with this assuming it's true. Sure the owners of the stadium wanted to improve Brandon in its current form but they put a stop to that.
Local infrastructure couldn't cope, it struggle at the minute when the F1 stox are on a Saturday night. Think how long it took for the Ricoh to be built from original purchase of the land. Originally it was this Arena 2000 idea so talking approx 7 years - ish. Don't forget the Bees & F1 Stox will have contracts in place as well.
So with planning applications & any lengthy appeals as well, assuming it got the go ahead realistically you could be looking at 2020 at the very earliest.

stevo_ccfc

M6, A46, A45, M45 and the M40 are all close by, also the M1, so the Brandon site would bean ideal location in my opinion. Ok there will be a higher volume of traffic on matchdays, but that's the case at most stadiums up and down the country.

I believe SISU mean business and whether they agree to play at the Ricoh for the next 3 seasons rather than Sixfields (this has to happen) or not, a new stadium will happen.

That stretch of the A46/A45 is regularly gridlocked on a week day and would never cope on a match day

jesus-wept

Speaking as a non-local, where the hell is this site? Can't find anything on goole maps for Brandon, apart from in Suffolk!
Most Coventrians will ask the same, don't know where you live but take a village near to you with a mile long road with decent houses on it and a bit of a housing estate on one side and you have it. It is actually in a village called Binley Woods not Brandon

dongonzalos

And the sell on price of the whole package once a stadium is built?

It is not an economically viable plan.

"Brandon’s sellers expect the HMRC issues to be resolved during a two-month “due diligence” period.

(Should tell you something)

Users who are viewing this thread