Telegraph Poll: 66% Oppose the sale of the Ricoh to Sisu (1 Viewer)

James Smith

Whoever owns the Ricoh are in it to make money .. No company in there right minds wants to continuously pump money into a football club with no returns or security on there money.. Wether it be Haskell , bing or sisu ., not a single person actually likes cov being in Northampton .. And if the only way back is a sale to sisu , so be it.. It does not matter who's name it is under .. Ccfc ltd , holdings or arvo master fund at the end of the day they are all owned by sisu..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

What would be nice is if the club owned the lease on the Ricoh and the team could be supported financially by the other activites of the complex. That way we hopefully wouldn't need someone like SISU to pump 'millions' into the club each year

sky blue john

A sale or gift of the Ricoh to Sisu is not going to happen !!!
For starters Sisu do not know what they want they keep contradicting themselves.
Also there are to many complications regarding the current set up Acl, higgs f&b contracts.
The best thing for us all to support is a rental agreement with purchasing Acl / stadium in stages over a period of time !

shmmeee

A sale or gift of the Ricoh to Sisu is not going to happen !!!
For starters Sisu do not know what they want they keep contradicting themselves.
Also there are to many complications regarding the current set up Acl, higgs f&b contracts.
The best thing for us all to support is a rental agreement with purchasing Acl / stadium in stages over a period of time !

ACL to offer the rent @ £150k sliding scale
Higgs to offer their half at the original formula
CCC to put the past behind them and be open to selling their half of ACL at market value
Sisu to accept all the above

Works for me.

Diehard Si

I want SISU out and I want SISU gone.

That said, it's not going to happen without liquidation. Stuck between a rock and a hard place really for options, the lesser of 2 evils is CCFC owning the Ricoh. Therefore I vote yes, but only on the basis that CCFC have the asset on their balance sheet and not SISU.

shmmeee

I want SISU out and I want SISU gone.

That said, it's not going to happen without liquidation. Stuck between a rock and a hard place really for options, the lesser of 2 evils is CCFC owning the Ricoh. Therefore I vote yes, but only on the basis that CCFC have the asset on their balance sheet and not SISU.

CCFC=Sisu for all intents and purposes. The club owe more than the value of the Ricoh to ARVO, any money spent on buying the club would go to pay off that debt, even if only at pence in the pound, that value will never be realised for CCFC due to the debts run up in the last 6 years.

James Smith

ACL to offer the rent @ £150k sliding scale
Higgs to offer their half at the original formula
CCC to put the past behind them and be open to selling their half of ACL at market value
Sisu to accept all the above

Works for me.

But would it work for Joy given she doesn't want to rent and owning ACL would be a form of renting and the mortgage would still be payable to CCC.

James Smith

Yeah well her hedge fund 'owns' our club so sadly she can't be ignored.

Actually she can partly be ignored as no one knows what she looks like ;)

shmmeee

Yeah well her hedge fund 'owns' our club so sadly she can't be ignored.

In all seriousness, I wonder what wiggle room there really is for Joy. Publicly it's all "freehold or nothing" but would a long lease (like NWs example of Northampton) and the Higgs share in ACL give her the same value added to enable a return on investment?

NorthernWisdom

In all seriousness, I wonder what wiggle room there really is for Joy. Publicly it's all "freehold or nothing" but would a long lease (like NWs example of Northampton) and the Higgs share in ACL give her the same value added to enable a return on investment?

See there's an argument to be made that 'freehold or nothing' should be tallied with 'I can't work with this council, and they can't work with me'.. and it's not a commercial reason for it being freehold or nothing, just an exasperation of both parties.

In which case it ties into Mr. Dazzle's point about trust, doesn't it, and how to try and get that back... rather than the financial details?

shmmeee

See there's an argument to be made that 'freehold or nothing' should be tallied with 'I can't work with this council, and they can't work with me'.. and it's not a commercial reason for it being freehold or nothing, just an exasperation of both parties.

In which case it ties into Mr. Dazzle's point about trust, doesn't it, and how to try and get that back... rather than the financial details?

Well some would say, moving the club back in the interim would be a good first move, maybe in return a rent free period? Can't be worse than what's currently happening. Could have a break at the end of each season for both parties.

NorthernWisdom

Well some would say, moving the club back in the interim would be a good first move, maybe in return a rent free period? Can't be worse than what's currently happening. Could have a break at the end of each season for both parties.

Yep that's where my first move, if I really wanted the club back, would be to say OK you can have the ground on the same terms as Northampton for the next 4 seasons. (If you wanted to be really OTT, you go for the 'we'll help you find a site for a new ground if you want to build one, work with you on planning permission...')

And yep, I guess as they're tied in for the rest of the season to Northampton, it has to be rent free for the rest of this?

Then again, even if a deal were agreed for next season, am sure it'd build the hype for a return, you could use that time to make it the second coming, the event we never had with the shoddy opening of the Ricoh... and it'd encourage a few extra to pop along to Northampton this season too, in the mean time?

James Smith

I don't think any poll is relevant whether it says 99% want us back or 99% don't. They aren't too hard to tamper so could be any sort of extremist playing with it.

It also depends on how you word the question for example

Yes Prime Minister said:
Sir Humphrey Appleby: Mr. Woolley, are you worried about the rise in crime among teenagers?

Bernard Woolley: Yes.

Sir Humphrey Appleby: Do you think there is lack of discipline and vigorous training in our Comprehensive Schools?

Sir Humphrey Appleby: Do you think young people welcome some structure and leadership in their lives?

Sir Humphrey Appleby: Do they respond to a challenge?

Sir Humphrey Appleby: Might you be in favour of reintroducing National Service?

Bernard Woolley: Er, I might be.

Sir Humphrey Appleby: Yes or no?

Sir Humphrey Appleby: Of course, after all you've said you can't say no to that. On the other hand, the surveys can reach opposite conclusions.

[survey two]

Sir Humphrey Appleby: Mr. Woolley, are you worried about the danger of war?

Sir Humphrey Appleby: Are you unhappy about the growth of armaments?

Sir Humphrey Appleby: Do you think there's a danger in giving young people guns and teaching them how to kill?

Sir Humphrey Appleby: Do you think it's wrong to force people to take arms against their will?

Sir Humphrey Appleby: Would you oppose the reintroduction of conscription?

[does a double-take]
Sir Humphrey Appleby: There you are, Bernard. The perfectly balanced sample

Last edited:

shmmeee

Then again, even if a deal were agreed for next season, am sure it'd build the hype for a return, you could use that time to make it the second coming, the event we never had with the shoddy opening of the Ricoh... and it'd encourage a few extra to pop along to Northampton this season too, in the mean time?

My worry here would be would the current fanbase, in their current mindset go to Northampton on this deal? I doubt it, better all round if we're back in Cov ASAP.

How about a grand Boxing Day re-opening, cheap (free?) tickets all round.

And for goodwill we'll throw in dropping the JR so the process can start ASAP.

I'm off for a lie down...

NorthernWisdom

My worry here would be would the current fanbase, in their current mindset go to Northampton on this deal?

I suspect some would!

We've actually bucked the precedent (in a negative way!) for clubs moving grounds. Somewhere... elsewhere ;) I did the analysis of Brighton and Rotherham (Brighton moved miles and miles away don't forget!) and I'd assume it's the same analysis Fisher did when he came out with expected figures, as they tallied remarkably closely.

So if there's a positive to look forward to it might get us closer to that. Have us finish strongly, price season tickets competitively, make it an event... should be able to shift 10k season tickets alone, surely?

(Do a cheeky deal that if you buy a Sixfields season ticket you get 25% off next season's Ricoh one and you might push the goodwill a bit far ;) but might also work for the present).

I just think that having made the break the return, whenever it is, needs to be done properly to maximise the chance of not just getting people back, but maybe even hooking new fans too. As it stands I reckon it'd be 10,000 slightly cynical fans if we were back at the Ricoh Christmas. If a young side dives toward the end of the season too, they won;t be back the season after.

Users who are viewing this thread