Telegraph bullshit again (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Aren't wasps great? Lovely friendly people.
That's what they would have you think

Nick

Administrator
You would think they would ask them if the indemnity is now dropped while pushing how great they are?

Skyblueweeman

To be fair, bar the last sentence, I actually thought the article was ok?!

I'm one for paper bashing (especially ones with absolutely sh!te websites...) but didn't see much wrong with that one - other than the last sentence.

Maybe it's just me.

Flying Fokker

The worst part is that there will be lapsed fans who take it at face value and actually fall for it.

Lapsed fans remember the club going to Sixfields. The return and then the exile. Once bitten... the club (s) will need some good PR.

usskyblue

Fuck them. We all know who’s side they’re on.

BUT this shit only gets written because Wasps and the club are okay to trade PR points disguised as ‘pleasantries’ which don’t address the actual fucking reason why we’re not playing at the Ricoh.

One or both of them (bearing in mind Wasps don’t like the ‘indemnity’ word) need to reiterate what is actually required. Zero indemnity or we stay at St Andrews... or can a deal be struck?

What makes my pissboil is that Wasps and the Club aren’t fucking honest...so it leaves room for bullshit no-news like this

mr_monkey

I'm one for paper bashing (especially ones with absolutely sh!te websites...) but didn't see much wrong with that one - other than the last sentence.

Maybe it's just me.

Other than not mentioning the actual reason why we didn't play at the Ricoh last season you mean

Skyblueweeman

Other than not mentioning the actual reason why we didn't play at the Ricoh last season you mean
It could mention a lot of other things to be fair. Its not as if its saying 'Coventrys 2nd best sports team has done well...now Sisu should bow down to Wasps'.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

mr_monkey

It could mention a lot of other things to be fair. Its not as if its saying 'Coventrys 2nd best sports team has done well...now Sisu should bow down to Wasps'.

But surely an article like this should be based on facts, the fact is that if the indemnity clause wasn't added by wasps at the last minute we would have been playing at the Ricoh last season, wasps drop that and it's all go...
you would think the local press would mention this rather than blowing smoke up the arse of a London rugby club

mr_monkey

The elephant (stood on a ball) in the room...

SISU have been the only ones that freely mentioned the indemnity (worded differently granted).

Those who don’t like to mention, or have never mentioned the indemnity are;

Local radio
Local papers
The Trust
Wasps

Or in the case of local radio deny it's a thing

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

Must be getting short on money so asked their friends to write a nice piece about them.

clint van damme

Maybe it's just me.

any article on our current predicament that doesn't mention the indemnity isn't a good article in my opinion. It's deliberately omitting a huge factor in the impasse.

Nick

Administrator
Weird how nobody wants to ask them.

When Neil was in the trust he said he didn't ask them because "it never came up".

It's almost as if they are being told to try and play it down / ignore it.

olderskyblue

When Neil was in the trust he said he didn't ask them because "it never came up".

Which Neil?

Skyblueweeman

any article on our current predicament that doesn't mention the indemnity isn't a good article in my opinion. It's deliberately omitting a huge factor in the impasse.
Fair point. Like I said, could be a lot worse. I was expecting a lot worse when I saw the thread title to be honest.

shepardo01

Gilbert saying he'll ask.... but expects "NDA" response... Turner has liked that tweet....

chiefdave

If that's there response I would suggest it is still in place. If Wasps had dropped that demand, which has been widely said to be the issue preventing us playing in Cov, they would make sure it made its way to the press, even if it was via a 'leak'.

Nick

Administrator
If that's there response I would suggest it is still in place. If Wasps had dropped that demand, which has been widely said to be the issue preventing us playing in Cov, they would make sure it made its way to the press, even if it was via a 'leak'.

Im sure they have never bothered about NDAs before when it suits them.

Nick

Administrator
He's supposed to be a fucking journalist.
You still ask. Jesus wept.

Exactly, then you put in the article that they declined.

The thing is, they seem to think everybody else is thick. It's the same problem that the Trust has had.

Gilbert used to love the "We just present things and let them make their own minds up". The same as when he was posting fake book reviews on his book, posting on journalist sites AND the Telegraph site using the same alias. Sometimes people can just see straight through it.

Think actual journalism is long gone, they are just PR people who push whatever they are told or if it suits them.

There's a journalist in the city who once phoned up my work and wanted some fairly expensive stuff for free, he said he would give some shout outs to the "crew". He got told to fuck right off.

Users who are viewing this thread