Telegraph Bigging Up Carsley (1 Viewer)

Ccfc1979

How come on Thursday he had no interest and now the Telegraph are saying the players and Hodgson, Strachan and Coleman are telling him to take it? Has this been set up by the club via the Telegraph? As soon as I saw the players want him I thought I don't.

covhead1

Yeh it makes you wonder, but i still think he should manage the club until the summer
unless we could get someone like Adkins.

SkyBlueJord

Given the state of the Club at the moment, wouldn't you want the local press to be 'bigging' up the caretaker manager, we need him to pull out results while the Board choose a replacement manager. Whether that is until the end of the season or not, we need Carsley to perform.

M

Martw

I "think" you have mis-read the article which talks about how to approach a game where you are 3-0 down, the answers are to go for it as you have nothing to lose, I'm not sure its about LC and the managers job...

andyboy81

Personally, I would give it him and Oggy until the end of the season now. Unless we turn this 3-0 round our season is over anyway. Then, IF they manages to get a run going and us into the playoffs, we can assess it and maybe give them a 12 month rolling contract. Otherwise it should be known to him that their OLD jobs will still be safe for them to fall back into.

Otis

Yep, sensible option is to keep him on til the end of the season.

That will give us time to get the right bloke in and if we can sort out the off field problems, allow us to get a better quality of candidate interested in the job too.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

rupert_bear

He is bound to be linked as a contender as he has the gig now. I agree with others run with him for the rest of the season , thats 13 games or so to judge him by. Whoever comes in has to make do with who he has probably and there's the little matter of the rent issue to sort out. Who knows where we will be come May, division 1 ? championship, maybe Wembley

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Keep Elsie till the end of the season. Makes sense!

standupforcity

It would be crazy not to look for a new manager now with the likes of Adkins and Di Canio out there! Who will be in available at the end of the season...?? And we may not be as attractive then as we are now if we slip down the table and just become another club making up the numbers again. Now is the time while we have some credibility on the field!

ouch

Banned
Baker: "the lads all love Lee so we all want to play well for him". so if we get a manager they dont fall in love with we can basically expect more of the same crap we saw with Thorn.. great

Otis

It would be crazy not to look for a new manager now with the likes of Adkins and Di Canio out there! Who will be in available at the end of the season...?? And we may not be as attractive then as we are now if we slip down the table and just become another club making up the numbers again. Now is the time while we have some credibility on the field!

With the off field stuff going on we are anything but attractive at the moment.

@richh87

Has everyone forgotten what happened under Shaw? We beat Brum, everyone said "give him the job", and now his 5 league defeats out of 5 could really cost us.

We have a good chance of making the playoffs - we owe it to ourselves to appoint someone who is actually a Manager.

mark82

Has everyone forgotten what happened under Shaw? We beat Brum, everyone said "give him the job", and now his 5 league defeats out of 5 could really cost us.

We have a good chance of making the playoffs - we owe it to ourselves to appoint someone who is actually a Manager.

Carsley is not Shaw. Who says Carsley will not be a good manager?

covcity4life

yeh we cant say carsley will go same way that shaw did

i like how he has identified defence as an issue and implemented more pressing

robins changed so much but we wernt perfect, still retreating when opposition had the ball

im not saying give it him,but hold off on new manager till after saturday and see how carsley has done

Flying Fokker

Personally, I would give it him and Oggy until the end of the season now. Unless we turn this 3-0 round our season is over anyway. Then, IF they manages to get a run going and us into the playoffs, we can assess it and maybe give them a 12 month rolling contract. Otherwise it should be known to him that their OLD jobs will still be safe for them to fall back into.[/QUOTE

Oh, roll Oggy out again. Just what does he bring to the table. He is a good bagman but if he had any interest in management he hasn't exactly stuck his neck out over the last 20 years.

Not the recipe for success IMO.

skybluesteve76

It makes perfect sense to keep him until the summer. We've got nothing to lose. It gives the players some continuity. I don't think we need fresh ideas and tactics this late in the season, there's nothing Wrong with what they are doing so leave it as it is.

ouch

Banned
de ja vous: Thorn "lets give the guy a chance" what did he do??

Carsley "lets give the guy a chance" what will he do!!

we know what works at our club now, and that is the model made by Mark Robins, its getting someone to follow in his footsteps that is the problem, what did Carsley do as soon as he got some control... messed around with the team. yes we got the result but if you went you will know Bury were a joke

Mark Robins experienced manager with good pedigree overall, what does he do? best spell in 10 years! young, experienced and knowledgable witha genuine raport with players and and fans! that is what we are looking for, not 'one of the boys' which is what Lee Carsley is if you look at baker and Clarkes comments.

there is only one guy who will fit that bill for me and thats Denis Wise, he would command respect of the players - its not a ' manager love fest, its respect these players need to show - not "love" for the manager

Last edited:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Players gave Thorn their support (in the paper anyway). They also gaveShaw their support (look how that ended up). Now they're supporting Carsley, who was Shaw's second in command.

As much as id like him to do well, I do think we need someone with management experience, rather than a newbie

M

Martw

The debate on whether he is or isnt a good choice is perfectly valid!!

But the article is actually talking about advice LC took from Coleman, Strachan, Hodgson etc on how best to approach Wednesday's game, their response seems to be that we have nothing to lose and just go for it, stay tight at the back, win the second balls and look to apply pressure as much as possible.

So it isnt actually about those managers saying he should go for the job!!!

Sorry, really not trying to be pedantic although I guess it could or does come over that way...

Otis

de ja vous: Thorn "lets give the guy a chance" what did he do??

Carsley "lets give the guy a chance" what will he do!!

we know what works at our club now, and that is the model made by Mark Robins, its getting someone to follow in his footsteps that is the problem, what did Carsley do as soon as he got some control... messed around with the team. yes we got the result but if you went you will know Bury were a joke

Mark Robins experienced manager with good pedigree overall, what does he do? best spell in 10 years! young, experienced and knowledgable witha genuine raport with players and and fans! that is what we are looking for, not 'one of the boys' which is what Lee Carsley is if you look at baker and Clarkes comments.

there is only one guy who will fit that bill for me and thats Denis Wise, he would command respect of the players - its not a ' manager love fest, its respect these players need to show - not "love" for the manager

No wanting to drag this all up again, but Andy Thorn was a scout, Lee Carsley is a coach.

We just need to be sensible and take the time if needed.

philmcc

i cant help thinking sense will go out of the window if we lose the next 2 or 3 league games....we will probably be calling for his head...it does need to be a considered decision because our season isn't over yet, and if LC is genuinely thought to be the guy to keep us pushing then fair enough. I personally believe we should at least try to have a chat with Di Canio because you cannot argue with his win ratio.

Users who are viewing this thread