Team v Shrewsbury (1 Viewer)

wingy

Who d you think he'll drop? I honestly can't see him dropping sheffers.

No but he could take the opporotunity to rest him ,which I just get the inkling over the last couple of games he needs ,with one or two others ,should he do that in the league or the cup?

We could for instance sign moussa tommorew as its purely an extention ,but why not bring the window opening forward a day as the first is a fookin holiday ,or better still make the fatcats work like all the other unfortunates who have to,again better still scrap the stupid bloody stupid restrictive practice.:mad::jerkit::jerkit:

You'll do for me Wingy

covcity4life

will it push mcg further out the door if hes dropped? i dunno

mcg is betetr but i will have no issue with elliott starting either.

skybluegod

He could say he learned from the PNE game and leaving Baker out.

Do you honestly think if baker started it would have changed that much? It was a scrappy poor game and Preston play poor football so even with baker it might not have changed much.

stupot07

Do you honestly think if baker started it would have changed that much? It was a scrappy poor game and Preston play poor football so even with baker it might not have changed much.

It might have made a difference, especially for the first 20 when we were on top, Moussa and christie offered no threat down the right.

covcity4life

and we might have lost if baker had played

all ifs and buts

if elliott plays it will mean silly suspensions will stop

Astute

I say we should play our best and in form players.

Too many managers on here that are better than MR ;)

SkyBluePryce

McGoldrick
Elliott
Fleck Moussa Baker
Jennings
Adams Edge Wood Christie
Murphy

Sheffers was very poor on saturday, excluding that quality cross for Elliott's 1st. Lets put two up front with maybe elliott playing off McGoldrick. Lets stick with Elliott as we know he'll be here after the game. We don't want to knock his confidence- as he must be buzzing right now, it would be unfair to drop him. Unless he's feeling the effects from that game as he's only had a couple of days to rest- and he was looking very fatigued before he came off.

Mucca Mad Boys

I would keep the same team as MKDons. They were epic.

Bring Goldy on at HT if its not all going well simples!

Like we did v PNE with Baker? That went well... Play your best team, especially if they are on form, Bailey and McG are on form so both should start.

Mucca Mad Boys

With the recent news of Bailey coming back on loan, and he may be able to play tomorrow, I'd play:

------------------Murphy-----------------
-Christie----Wood----Edj----Adams-
-----------Bailey-------Jennings-------
--Baker--------Flecky-------Moussa--
----------------McGoldrick---------------

With all due respect, I don't know why people are saying play Fleck on the wing, Moussa in the middle, Fleck isn't a winger, and his only attribute he has to play winger, is his crossing, that's it. Fleck controlled the midfield v MK in the centre and I think he and Moussa linked up well, hopefully with Jennings and Bailey back at CM, they can form a good relationship further p the pitch.

McSheffrey has impressed me with his assists, but I don't think he is as good as Moussa, or Fleck (nor Barton, on his day) so has to be a casualty, but I'd look to bring him on. Elliott, fair play to the lad, he picked himself up from the PNE game and the 1st half, to prove doubters wrong, myself included, but McG is twice the player of Elliott and he deserves to start because of his goal scoring prowess.

shmmeee

Like we did v PNE with Baker? That went well... Play your best team, especially if they are on form, Bailey and McG are on form so both should start.

Arguably Elliot is on better scoring form than McG at the moment. Plus he's actually our player.

Bailey is different. Not his fault he was unavailable and is with us after this game.

Mucca Mad Boys

Arguably Elliot is on better scoring form than McG at the moment. Plus he's actually our player.

Bailey is different. Not his fault he was unavailable and is with us after this game.

Oh please! How does that work out!? McG is the run away top goalscorer, 4 goals ahead of anyone else, in less games (4 less)!

16 in 20(1) or 3 in 7(4), do the maths pal.

I literally can't believe you just said Elliott is 'arguably' on better goal scoring form. Elliott played well from the 28 minutes in the 2nd half, and people are suggesting he should start ahead of our talisman and top goal scorer who has played well in nearly every game he's played. Wow, talk about fickle.

stupot07

Yes it cannot be done LOL http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/bailey-re-signs-on-loan-569253.aspx

Too much assumption on the Forum as per usual

It's not all done and dusted though has it?

"The Sky Blues have applied to the Football League to make Bailey eligible for the New Year's Day clash at home to Shrewsbury and are expecting a decision before the game.

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/coventry-city-fc-news/2012/12/31/coventry-city-re-sign-james-bailey-on-loan-92746-32521660/#ixzz2GdIHkH29

From the bbc website....

Football transfers - November 2012
The transfer window is now closed for permanent signings, and will reopen on 1 January.
In the Football League, loan deals are allowed until 17:00 GMT on 22 November.
Premier League clubs may also apply to their governing body for special dispensation to sign a player on loan if, for example, they had no goalkeepers available.
Players who are out of contract and do not have a club, can be signed outside of the transfer window if they were unattached free agents when the previous window closed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/20172941

Last edited:

shmmeee

Elliot: 2 goals in his last game, McG: 1 goal in his last game. Can't compare beyond that as we're talking about form and Elliot's only played one recently.

It's not only arguable, it's a winnable argument.

Besides it's not the point. club before the man. McG got himself a silly booking and should have to work to get back in the side, top scorer, best ever player or owner of the club. That ethos is more important than anything that will happen tomorrow.

Give the guy an appearance on 50-60 mins if it's not going well, but we should not be small time enough to put one of Forest's reserve players above the wellbeing of our squad. Carl Baker had to drop to the bench after a silly booking and he's the captain, why should McG be any different?

Otis

You play your best team, end of.

I was one of those who said Baker should have come in against Preston, despite our great win at Doncaster.

You play your best team and besides, Preston were an entirely different proposition to Doncaster. Barton was all at sea against the more physical Preston side.

Just because Elliot scored two against MK it doesn't mean he is necessarily going to do it tomorrow. We know for a fact the DMC is on a consistent goalscoring streak and that is based on a number of games, not just a one off.

DMC back in tomorrow. Simply has to be.

covcity4life

Elliot: 2 goals in his last game, McG: 1 goal in his last game. Can't compare beyond that as we're talking about form and Elliot's only played one recently.

Besides it's not the point. club before the man. McG got himself a silly booking and should have to work to get back in the side, top scorer, best ever player or owner of the club. That ethos is more important than anything that will happen tomorrow.

Give the guy an appearance on 50-60 mins if it's not going well, but we should not be small time enough to put one of Forest's reserve players above the wellbeing of our squad. Carl Baker had to drop to the bench after a silly booking and he's the captain, why should McG be any different?

so are cov better than newcastle? we won our last game and they lost.

Mucca Mad Boys

Tell you what's a 'winnable' argument, how many braces has Elliott scored!? Oh... Who's got a better game:goal ratio? Who's the league top goalscorer? The answer to all them? McG! You're a fool to suggest otherwise.

I thought Baker should start v PNE, he didn't, we drew, and played shit, doesn't that tell you NOT to make the same mistake? :facepalm:

Why should McG be different? He's our best player and stepped up when others haven't.

He may be a forest reserve, but he hasn't left CCFC yet, and could rejoin. Elliott played well for 28m, sit down and shut up because McG is clearly a better player, no argument.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Tomorrows important fixtures

Brentford-Bournemouth
Notts County-MK Dons
Doncaster-Sheffield Utd

Nother chance to gain on all 6 teams here

Other fixtures
Pompy-Swindon
Crawley-Colchester
Walsall-Stevanage
Bury-Tranmere

Obviously the most important is the one at the Ricoh before some smart ass tells me :p

If Donny-Sheffield is a draw, good chance we could be 7 points of auto but the end of the day depending on ours and other results

Paxman II

What an interesting conundrum we have here?

Seems crazy to think the leagues top scorer would not be in the starting 11 at home? Also a winning team that has produced the goods for the last month or so does not need changing - er clearly! That would include the likes of McSheffrey, like it or not his quality has been a big factor. Its what happens as a team and this team has done the business. I would not change it. Elliott will be raring to get on the pitch at some point I hope as a result of being benched after scoring 2 at the week end.

The only thing stopping McGoldrick playing will be his attitude and whether that is seriously altered due to circumstances surrounding him before the game?

One word of caution. Shrewsbury should be a win but football at times is strange, no better example than the week end at Sheffield Utd was there? We must win this one to throw off that disappointing 'home tag' and consolidate our form and belief completely.

Users who are viewing this thread