Team to play Leicester (1 Viewer)

SleepyGinger

What’s your team assuming no more signings?

something like

Collins
Lati Fadz Bidwell
Eccles Hamer Sheaf DaSilva
Palmer
Godden Simms

Wilson
Thomas
Binks
Van Ewijk
Burroughs
Kelly
Allen
Sakamoto
Obikwu

Far from our best team but not sure he would throw some of the new lads straight in with a limited pre season. Toss up between Lati and Thomas.

San Francisco

Wilson
Van Ewijk Thomas Fadz Binks Dasilva
Sakamoto Hamer Sheaf Palmer
Simms

Collins
Lati
Bidwell
Eccles
Kelly
Allen
Howley
Obikwu
Godden

But we'll get a ST and CB in by then and 4 after so things will look much more well rounded after Leicester.

JulianDarbyFTW

I think we'll line up like this:

Collins
-
MVE
Latibeaudiere
McFadzean
Binks
Bidwell
-
Sheaf
Hamer
-
Palmer
-
Godden
Simms

Personally, I'd have Simms on his own and have Tatsu alongside Palmer ripping it up, but this pre-season has been 2 up top and I'm not sure that'll change for game 1.

mark82

Apparently not according to Andy Turner
I'm still not convinced. Based on what weeman said last night he originally wasn't in the travelling party. Was then added later on. Turner may have heard the earlier news but then things changed.

Or it may just be that he's travelled to be around the team and watch them, but not able to take part due to not having work permit through yet.

SleepyGinger

Oh dear, you’d have Van Ewijk and Thomas on the bench? Do you want us to lose.
Yes that’s it I want us to lose,
Obviously Van Ewijk will be our first choice RWB but will he be ready and as I said Thomas or Lati is a toss up. Haven’t been any pre season games so can’t comment who should start.

SleepyGinger

I'm still not convinced. Based on what weeman said last night he originally wasn't in the travelling party. Was then added later on. Turner may have heard the earlier news but then things changed.

Or it may just be that he's travelled to be around the team and watch them, but not able to take part due to not having work permit through yet.
Hopefully mate

slowpoke

What’s your team assuming no more signings?

something like

Collins
Lati Fadz Bidwell
Eccles Hamer Sheaf DaSilva
Palmer
Godden Simms

Wilson
Thomas
Binks
Van Ewijk
Burroughs
Kelly
Allen
Sakamoto
Obikwu

Far from our best team but not sure he would throw some of the new lads straight in with a limited pre season. Toss up between Lati and Thomas.
Could be, but added to the bench/squad could be Willock, Whatmough, Van Hoojidonk, and an as yet unknown loan from the prem.😁

David O'Day

Could be, but added to the bench/squad could be Willock, Whatmough, Van Hoojidonk, and an as yet unknown loan from the prem.😁
You do realise we haven't actually been really linked with any of those players?

Willock was just someone claiming to have a QPR "mate", Whatmough was a tweet that said we were one of a million teams "interested" and SVH was someone on here saying they'd like to sign him

Gibbo

Would not at all be surprised if Allen started as you can't just have all those dandy-dans like Palmer and Saka around at once. You need a workhorse particularly against a good side like Leicester just down from the Prem. And away from home.

As the expensive buys, Thomas and VE have to start.

slowpoke

You do realise we haven't actually been really linked with any of those players?

Willock was just someone claiming to have a QPR "mate", Whatmough was a tweet that said we were one of a million teams "interested" and SVH was someone on here saying they'd like to sign him
You do realise it was tongue in cheek…saddo.

covcity4life

You also need players who can kick a man.....sorry mark a man. Thinking of Terry Yorath oddly enough
A kick from Palmer prob hurt more than one from Allen though?

He's a hard worker I get your point but your making out he's Roy Keane lol

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

Would not at all be surprised if Allen started as you can't just have all those dandy-dans like Palmer and Saka around at once. You need a workhorse particularly against a good side like Leicester just down from the Prem. And away from home.

You haven't seen Saka play

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

stupot07

Allen's literally just come back to training this week after being ill over the summer with a heart problem. Theres no way Allen is going to start next week, I doubt he will even be in the squad for a few weeks.

clint van damme

Allen's literally just come back to training this week after being ill over the summer with a heart problem. Theres no way Allen is going to start next week, I doubt he will even be in the squad for a few weeks.

He doesn't need to be fit to implement Gibbos tactics, he can just ride round on a shop mobility scooter brandishing a lump hammer.

Grendel

He doesn't need to be fit to implement Gibbos tactics, he can just ride round on a shop mobility scooter brandishing a lump hammer.
benidorm GIF by vrt

Legia Sky Blue

Having seen todays game I would have thought Wilson will start if fit, with the back 3 the same. I can't believe MR will play our wing backs so far forward at Leicester, and I think Van Ewijk and Bidwell are a more solid option than Sakamoto and Da Silva. Please don't sell Hamer as we are so much better with him! Before today I thought that we would start at Leicester with a midfield 3 of Eccles, Sheaf and Hamer but Palmer was impressive today so he might stat instead of Eccles. We have played a front 2 in all our pre season games so think he will continue to do so, and even if we sign Dragus or somebody else it I think they will likely start on the bench for next week at least.

My team prediction therefore is:
Wilson
Thomas McFadzean Latibaudiere
Van Ewijk Sheaf Palmer Hamer Bidwell
Godden Simms

Users who are viewing this thread