Ccfcisparks

Lots of options but personally I would go

Collins
MVE - Lati Thomas Binks Bidwell
Kelly Eccles
Sakamoto
Godden Wright

Seamus1

Simms for Godden. Get that partnership starting to gel.

If it’s not working, bring palmer on to partner sakamoto behind Wright

Hertsccfc

Collins
Kelly Eccles
Sakamoto
Godden Wright
Agree with that apart from Simms instead of Godden. Not a criticism of Godden but a chance to see Simms and Wright together.

rob9872

I know we need to get some rhythm but this competition is a distraction. Play as much fringe as possible and don't risk injuries.

shmmeee

New boys XI, Sheaf in because he always gets better with games.

Collins
Thomas Latibeaudiere Binks
MvE Eccles Sheaf Dasilva
Sakamoto
Wright Simms

S: Wilson, Fadz, Bidwell, Burroughs, Howley, Hamer, Eghosa, Obikwu, Godden

covcity4life

Normally I would say rotate and test out squad depth but sounds like some players need minutes. So I would go :

Collins
Binks
Thomas
Lati
Bidwell
MVE
Hamer
Kelly
Sakamoto
Simms
Wright

Martin180

Collins
van Ewijk
Thomas
Latibeaudiere
Binks
Bidwell
Eccles
Kelly
Sakamoto
Simms
Wright
Kind of the side I would put out , gives the other defenders a decent run out . I think Latibeaudaire will play the central role when Fadz is out/ rested . Also makes sense to play our top two in attack , hopefully score a few goals and get some confidence

Legia Sky Blue

I would be surprised if any of yesterday's starting XI start tomorrow so I'll go with:
Collins
Howley Binks Bidwell
van Ewijk Kelly Sakamoto Eghosa Burroughs
Obikwu Wright

Subs bench will be packed with first teamers though!

covcity4life

I would be surprised if any of yesterday's starting XI start tomorrow so I'll go with:
Collins
Howley Binks Bidwell
van Ewijk Kelly Sakamoto Eghosa Burroughs
Obikwu Wright

Subs bench will be packed with first teamers though!
Can't see there being that many changes

But if we were to rotate (realistically) the team we can put out is still good enough to win

Collins
Binks
Thomas
Lati
MVE
Eccles
Kelly
Sakamoto
Wright
Godden

You could throw howley in at CB if really want too but other than that there players that simply must play such as MVE and wright .

I'm looking forward to it. It's a important game for different reasons than normal.

blunted

MR rarely annoys me and I get he has often had a limited squad to choose from in previous seasons but, he always seems to throw away our chances in the cups. This cup we often go out early playing seriously weakened teams and even in the FA Cup we underestimated Wrexham. Obviously, we have to consider niggling injuries and there are some class players who need a game, but winning matches breeds confidence and the bigger games generate revenue. We need to gel players together but also prepare for Middlesborough. Obviously Hamers out and the goalie should change. Fadz should get a rest along with Godden who is 32 unless MR thinks a game like this may help him restore his confidence in front of goal. MR always says he picks a team to win but I hope we see more of our top players than several u21s.

Mucca Mad Boys

This game is a great opportunity to build fitness for the squad, particularly the new signings.

Collins
Thomas
Lati
Binks
MVE
Kelly
Eccles
Bidwell
Sakamoto
Wright
Simms/Palmer

I’d either play Simms to build the relationship with Wright or build Palmer’s fitness using the box formation with Sakamoto.

Expecting big things on Wednesday and hoping we really put Wimbledon to the sword with a strong team.

fatso

Collins
Kelly Eccles
Sakamoto
Godden Wright
Obikwu instead of Godden for me.
Otherwise I think that's a good team.

And maybe one of the young guns in place of Eccles?

Fysnkysc

Go for our strongest,

collins
MVE Thomas binks lati dasilva
Sheaf hamer
Palmer
Simms wright

Kelly and Eccles on for sheaf and hamer at 60 and godden on for which ever one’s playing worst at 60.

Sako for palmer at 60 also

Last edited:

slowpoke

Didn’t think Sheaf was at his best Sunday so I’d start with him for game time, Eccles into what is his best position midfield, MvE rwb and Binks in for McFadzeen. Sakamoto to start, Simms & Wright up front. I’d keep Wilson in goal as he missed the pre-season games so another under his belt for me, same with Dasilva

Gint11

I’d start with a strong team for minutes and to gel, take them off after an hour but just not risk any players carrying knocks

Legia Sky Blue

I think there's a few of you being a bit naive about this game. The Middlesbrough game on Saturday has to be our main focus this week. It is the start of the season and its natural that players will start to get a little leggy as matches go on, particularly with the extra added on time this season. Middlesbrough are playing tonight so any players they have that will play Saturday and also be involved tonight will have an extra 24 hours rest on our players. Such margins can make a big difference.

The League Cup is largely a waste of time these days anyway, and unless you get a draw against a 'big' club no money is to be made unless you can reach the semi finals. To that end I've never been too upset when we've been knocked out in recent seasons, and is why I'm perfectly happy for MR to rest as many as he sees fit. We are playing a League 2 club though, so I would hope that any player that didn't start on Sunday and plays tomorrow night should still be able to help us through to the next round regardless. If they can't beat a side from 2 leagues lower it doesn't auger well for those players wanting to break into our team and play for us regularly in the Championship.

Hertsccfc

I think there's a few of you being a bit naive about this game. The Middlesbrough game on Saturday has to be our main focus this week. It is the start of the season and its natural that players will start to get a little leggy as matches go on, particularly with the extra added on time this season. Middlesbrough are playing tonight so any players they have that will play Saturday and also be involved tonight will have an extra 24 hours rest on our players. Such margins can make a big difference.

The League Cup is largely a waste of time these days anyway, and unless you get a draw against a 'big' club no money is to be made unless you can reach the semi finals. To that end I've never been too upset when we've been knocked out in recent seasons, and is why I'm perfectly happy for MR to rest as many as he sees fit. We are playing a League 2 club though, so I would hope that any player that didn't start on Sunday and plays tomorrow night should still be able to help us through to the next round regardless. If they can't beat a side from 2 leagues lower it doesn't auger well for those players wanting to break into our team and play for us regularly in the Championship.
Most of our players don't need rest they need match fitness.

Legia Sky Blue

Most of our players don't need rest they need match fitness.

Which is a gradual process! Playing our first team tomorrow night will not automatically have those players firing on all cylinders on Saturday. Instead just banging another 90 minutes + into them tomorrow, with only 2 full days before Saturday will result in tired legs and tired minds at the end of the Middlesbrough game, and could be the difference between us getting a good result or not.

Users who are viewing this thread