Bench: Dunn, J Clarke, Malaga, Thomas, Fleck, Barton, Elliot

As far as I know the only injuries are Wood, Adams and perennial sicknote Bell

Murphy
Christie Edje Cameron Dickinson
Baker Jenno Sheffers Bailey
Clarke Elliott
Subs:Dunn, Clarke, Malaga, Thomas, Fleck, Barton, Philliskirk

Grendel

That looks a terrible centre half combination.

Gazzmac

Murphy
Christie Edje Cameron Dickinson
Fleck bailey jeno<br />
Clarke Elliott sheff<br />
<br />
Subs<br />
Dunn<br />
Clarke<br />
Thomas<br />
Baker<br />
Moussa <br />
Wilson<br />
Phil

blueflint

why are you all putting sheffers in he's not playing well and hasn't most of the season

ohitsaidwalker king power

mm.. Sheffers was poor last night agreed.. might be time for a week off but who do you play on left......?:thinking about:

-----------------Murphy-------------
J Clarke Cameron Edge Dickie...(assumes Wood and Adams injured)
Baker Bailey Moose Macca
Elliot
Clarke

CJparker

Moussa on the left - he did Ok there against Arsenal

WYKENSKYBLUE

Murphy
Christie Cameron Edge Dickinson
Jennings Bailey
Baker Mousa Wilson
Clarke

Dunn, Elliot, Clarke, Sheffers, Barton, Fleck, Malaga

shy_tall_knight

Fleck like so many of our players , lacks pace, I think Thorne wanted to ensure he would be able to outsprint some of the players to the buffet at the connection at lunchtime.

Fleck imo needs to improve his pace and stamina or he will not be able to contribute at this level

Mucca Mad Boys

Fleck like so many of our players , lacks pace, I think Thorne wanted to ensure he would be able to outsprint some of the players to the buffet at the connection at lunchtime.

Fleck imo needs to improve his pace and stamina or he will not be able to contribute at this level

Fleck actually has a footballing brain he makes the ball do the running for him, he also isn't as slow as many make out.

Mucca Mad Boys

Ideally, I'd like us to go back to 4-5-1, Fleck in for Elliott, Moussa in for Sheff and Thomas in for Jenno, but I've to a feeling it will be unchanged.

Grendel

Fleck actually has a footballing brain he makes the ball do the running for him, he also isn't as slow as many make out.

He's far too slow and also far to weak on retaining possession. The brain goes to sleep when he does not have the ball.

Sky Blue Sheepy

I'd love us to play:
Murphy
Christine Edj Cameron Dickinson
Jennings
Baker Bailey Fleck
Clarke Elliot

We looked much better once Fleck came on which to me led to both goals on Wednesday and Moussa hasn't done well in the 4-4-2 variants we've been trying. Sub for me.

MFenton85

I would like us to try the following:

Murphy
Clarke Edj (wood when fit) Cameron Dickinson
Baker Bailey Fleck Moussa
Barton
Clarke

I see this as potentially our strongest team.

skybluegod

Murphy
Barton
Clarke

Barton doesn't suit this league it's to physical he would be good in the championship I think but not league 1

Warwickhunt

mm.. Sheffers was poor last night agreed.. might be time for a week off but who do you play on left......?:thinking about:

Baker Bailey Moose Macca
Elliot
Clarke
Sheffers is still carrying the ankle injury and cannot have an injection yet because its only been two weeks since the last one

Mucca Mad Boys

He's far too slow and also far to weak on retaining possession. The brain goes to sleep when he does not have the ball.

Weak retaining possession? He's one of our best when it comes to his feet, v Crewe he didn't give the ball away, whereas the amount of times Bailey and Jennings gave it away was embarrassing. He is no Vieira, or for Coventry's level, Jennings, but he puts in a couple of tackles, more than McSheffrey, if that's where this is heading. He's got more assists and goals than McSheffrey in less appearances, it's a bit like the Clarke or Elliott argument, one produces, one doesn't.

Far too slow? I'd like to see him have a race with a few of our players, I bet it'd bust a few myths, I don't think he's too far off, Sheff, Baker, Jenno, and possibly Bailey, none have exhilarating pace, before you say, I'm not saying he's faster than the previously mentioned, I'm saying I don't think think he's too far off.

ohitsaidwalker king power

Sheffers is still carrying the ankle injury and cannot have an injection yet because its only been two weeks since the last one

Maybe?- you seem more informed so I will take your judgement... he wasn't on his own on Wednesday to be fair.. several players disappointed...
If Sheffers isn't fit he shouldn't perhaps start amending my team on that basis then

Baker Bailey Jennings Moose
------------Elliot
----Clarke

Subs
Thomas
Fleck
Macca
Wilson
Edge
Christie
Dunn

Stafford_SkBlue

We do need some fresh legs - Crewe will probably change there team around. Sheffers needs resting to fully recover.
Hopefully Moose is fit and fresh. Bailey / Fleck did not play the full game on Wed. Barton as sub.
I trust LC with evaluate and make his choice.

wingy

Ideally, I'd like us to go back to 4-5-1, Fleck in for Elliott, Moussa in for Sheff and Thomas in for Jenno, but I've to a feeling it will be unchanged.
Yep i'd change these two ,Sheff who's had 3 sub -par performances on the bounce and Jennings who's had two,It may not all be their fualt as they are playing every game when the opposition lately seems to have a free weekend or midweek when we're playing.I'm not excusing them,jjust highlighting that there is no point having a large squad if you don't use it to gain an advantage.
NB. i'd also consider giving Carl a rest as physically and mentally I think this important run of games have took a toll on him ,alas I can't think of anyone who can play his role,teams also seem to have worked out how to stop him putting 2-3 on him.

wingy

Keep the same team that just got back-to-back 2-0 victories.

I see what you're saying Stu and it does sound a little bizzarre to change a winning team ,but there have been some sub-par performances from certain players.Couple that with the nature of Wednesdays win ,albeit a win,and the level of opposition against Bury ??

@richh87

Murphy
Barton
Clarke

I love the look of this. We have problems scoring goals and Barton can score goals no problem.

It would add creativity in Fleck, and putting Moussa in there gives added athleticism. We wouldn't be losing anything defensively, as although Jennings goes out, Moussa is much better in that respect than selfish Sheffers.

Last edited:

covey1987

I have been a bit critic of Macca in the past but I think Macca is struggling not having Blair Adams bombing on, this creates space and options out on the left. They,Macca & Adams, seem to work well together bit like Bobby McDonald and Tommy Hutch. Not seen enough of Dickinson yet but he strikes me as a more defensive sort of fullback compared to Adams.
Once Adams comes back Macca will be improve you watch. Having said that he should also prove he is a pro and adapt!!

@richh87

it's a bit like the Clarke or Elliott argument, one produces, one doesn't.

Far too slow? I'd like to see him have a race with a few of our players, I bet it'd bust a few myths, I don't think he's too far off, Sheff, Baker, Jenno, and possibly Bailey, none have exhilarating pace, before you say, I'm not saying he's faster than the previously mentioned, I'm saying I don't think think he's too far off.

Just wondering, which one of Clarke and Elliot doesn't produce? Take a look at the goal scoring charts.

Also, to play as a winger you need proper pace - if that's where we're suggesting Fleck should go. The guys you've listed above are slow to average, so for Fleck to be 'not too far off' them really isn't any good, as he needs to get past the fullback.

Last edited:

WeWillBeBack

Murphy
Christie Edge Cameron Dickinson
Moussa Bailey/Jennings Barton
Baker Clarke Fleck

Think its time to give Barton a go. Love the way he majestically prances around the pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread