ST Clive Platt

Subs:
Lee Burge
Jordan Willis
Aaron Phillips
Gary Deegan
Josh Ruffels
Billy Daniels

Assuming that the funding predicament stays the same and SISU remain in charge, does this really look like a team that would cope in the Championship if we could stay up? Or even a side that could get us promoted from League One?

Jimmy Hill's Chin

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Christie, Thomas and Gael leave if we are relegated. If we go down, SISU will hold a firesale of our remaining assets and I think a few Championship clubs might be interested in those three as squad players. No-one will be interested in the likes of Bell, McPake (too injury prone), McSheffrey, McDonald, Deegan, Baker or Platt so they will probably still be here next season.

Jimmy Hill's Chin

GK Chris Dunn
RB Cyrus Christie
CB James McPake
CB Nathan Cameron
LB Chris Hussey
RM David Bell
CM Gael Bigirimana
CM Conor Thomas
LM Gary McSheffery
ST Cody McDonald
ST Clive Platt

Subs:
Lee Burge
Jordan Willis
Aaron Phillips
Gary Deegan
Josh Ruffels
Billy Daniels

Assuming that the funding predicament stays the same and SISU remain in charge, does this really look like a team that would cope in the Championship if we could stay up? Or even a side that could get us promoted from League One?

I'd say that team will probably come just below halfway in League 1. The lack of strength in midfield and the scarcity of goals will continue to be our undoing.

sky_blue_up_north

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Christie, Thomas and Gael leave if we are relegated. If we go down, SISU will hold a firesale of our remaining assets and I think a few Championship clubs might be interested in those three as squad players. No-one will be interested in the likes of Bell, McPake (too injury prone), McSheffrey, McDonald, Deegan, Baker or Platt so they will probably still be here next season.

Sort of agree, SISU will look recoup as much as much cash as possible. So, Juxy, Clingan, Crannie, Keogh , Wood will go for certain. Gael, Conner and Cryress have already attracted interest from 'bigger' cubs than us. So if they can get say 100K for them they will be gone. This is the reason neither Sammy or Martin have signed new deals so expect them to be gone in the New Year window. Juxy already had bids from 'Boro so he will be gone in January as well. None of the others are worth much. I expect use to have a maximum of 15 players on the books next season (got to keep the costs down... joke. The crowds will be down to around 8K, so the spiral downwards will continue. I fear we could be the next Luton/Oxford. Just think the later were playing Man U 25 years ago, now they have just managed to get back into the league. It can happen to anyone, we could easy be us next

Last edited:

StevieM

McSheffery only got a years extension on his contract automatically triggered by appearances last season.
Since he was signed as a free agent I would think that he is on a reasonable wage, so I would only imagine that his wages would still be the same (if not increased) during this seasons extension.
Unless he is re-signed on a lower wage deal then I would have thought that he will be released at the end of this season anyway as a cost saving.
Baker,Bell,Thomas and Bigi (presuming they are still here) have all signed long term contracts so I would think that McSheffery is not in such a good position right now for contract negotiating for next season.

Disorganised1

Once upon a time we'd have been overjoyed at all the youngsters coming through.

Users who are viewing this thread