Tavares (1 Viewer)

MAFF

I liked Gyokeres and Tavares as inside forwards. Only players other than O’Hare that will beat defenders.

Hobo

People saying he's raw. Well yeah, he is because he has hardly played a competitive match yet. He's got a new contract, he's making a difference coming on and there's more to come

I don't think saying he is raw is a criticism. It is just acknowledging his lack of experience. I hope he can push on this season because he does offer something different. Just dont expect too much too soon.
He looks like he's bulked up a little bit, I'm not he's got the right skills to play O'Hare's role though

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Who said he should play O'Hares role? Tavares and Palmer should not be compared to O'Hare. All 3 are different types of player who potentially have something different to offer.

Neither Tavares or Palmer are ready to hit the ground running for different reasons. But they both have great potential to grow into the season.

As great as O'Hare is, perhaps we need a player who can come in and pose a different threat rather than just replicate it?

Great_Expectations

I like him as he has pace which scares defenders, and it’s especially important for us, as nobody else offensively does.

Also looked like we tried to use his running more today which was great, as it was frustrating last year we seemed to miss the point and either go to his feet or not at all.

Touch was a bit off again, but looked more confident overall and he’s a great weapon to have. Can only see him getting better as he grows in experience and confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread