Taskmaster on Dave (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

Bad news is that the next series will be late 2020, which is absolutely ages for a show that's usually a few months between them at most
That's no good!

Admittedly more cash probably means they don't need to work as hard. In terms of keeping the quality up, that might be no bad thing.

OffenhamSkyBlue

What it also means is that they'll insist on having the Channel 4 "in crowd", rather than the edgy little-known comic talent that Dave has brought into the limelight.

Otis

What it also means is that they'll insist on having the Channel 4 "in crowd", rather than the edgy little-known comic talent that Dave has brought into the limelight.
My thinking too. So, Alan Carr, Jimmy Carr, Adam Hills, that sort of crowd you think.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Just hope C4 don't fuck it up - hopefully they'll leave Avalon to carry on producing it as they have thus far. I would hope that Alex Horne (in particular) and Greg Davies would resist attempts to change the format

ajsccfc

It seems that they're not messing too much with a winning formula which is a relief, I think with the studio bits having no audience though it'll still suffer at least this season.

I don't think I've seen Mawaan Rizwan in anything and Katherine Parkinson seems to fill the 'comedic non-comedian' role they tend to have, but high hopes for the other three. This Country is one of the best shows of recent years so Daisy May Cooper should be great

Sky_Blue_Daz

Think it looks a good cast the only one I’ve not heard of Is Maween Rizwan, looking forward to it. Been watching a few on catch up tv, brilliant

Otis

Next line-up announced. I am very pleased to hear that it includes Charlotte Richie and Lee Mack.

What else would we ever seek in life other than someone funny and someone lovely.

And Lee Mack's quite funny too.

😎

Kneeza

Just tonight finished watching the last series. Some very, very funny bits, and some not so.
But that's no different from the rest.
Can't make my mind up about Daisy May Cooper even though she was excellent in This Country.
Went to the wire, but Richard Herring was a worthy winner.
Can't wait to see Lee Mack in it - one of the funniest stand-ups I've ever seen (at York Barbican some years ago). I'd think this show is made for him.

NorthernWisdom

Wasn't sure about the last series. Early episodes were carried by Johnny Vegas, then Daisy May Cooper and Katherine Parkinson started to show personality later.

Richard Herring seemed a very nice man, but surprisingly boring!

They seem to have picked very similar 'types' of people for series 11

ajsccfc

I liked it, it just misses something without the proper live audience which I'm guessing will be the same for at least the next one.

Kneeza

Katherine Parkinson played the somewhat ditzy part quite well though; the final 'wellies on table-legs' stanza providing a fitting coup de grace for her last shred of competency/cred.
I'm sure, though, most of it was an act, cleverly played out between her and Greg Davies.

Si80

Happy Taskmaster day lads. Looking forward to this returning tonight. Have re-watched all series over the last few weeks and been listening to Ed Gamble's podcast about the show. One of my fave things on tv.

Lee Mack and Mike Wozniak should be great this series.

Kneeza

Just watched it.
Lee Mack was Lee Mack. Mike Wozniak was excellent.
But the surprise package was Sarah Kendall. Anybody watch Frayed? Really good.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Never watched it. Just doesn't appeal to me.

Otis

Just watched it.
Lee Mack was Lee Mack. Mike Wozniak was excellent.
But the surprise package was Sarah Kendall. Anybody watch Frayed? Really good.
She was good tonight, but good God, do I hate that accent. Horrible. A real passion killer.

Kneeza

She was good tonight, but good God, do I hate that accent. Horrible. A real passion killer.
Yes, she has that buzz-saw oz crackle to her voice, but I won't hold that agin her. Frayed was really excellent tv, accent or not.

ajsccfc

If TV produces a scene with more tension than Mike Wozniak on the hoverboard we're in for a cracking year of entertainment. He's got to end up winning it, he's got the perfect mix of oddity and knowing Greg Davies which helped Rhod Gilbert and Ed Gamble (not in a nepotism sense)

Users who are viewing this thread