Taskmaster on Dave (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

Apparently Channel 4 are buying the format after this series having turned it down originally. Hope they don't mess around with it

Otis

Apparently Channel 4 are buying the format after this series having turned it down originally. Hope they don't mess around with it
To be fair to them, they didn't tinker with Great British Bake-off at all and that is exactly the same, apart from losing some of the hosts.

It's the exact same format.

ajsccfc

Yeah I'm hoping that's what they do here and just stick with the formula rather than replace Greg with Big Narstie or some other bollocks

OffenhamSkyBlue

To be fair to them, they didn't tinker with Great British Bake-off at all and that is exactly the same, apart from losing some of the hosts.

It's the exact same format.
I think that was presenters and judge throwing their toys out of the pram, rather than editorial decisions. Although i'm not sure if Mel & Sue might have been contracted to the BBC???
I'm sure it will still be Avalon productions doing Taskmaster (who i think is Frank Skinner's company), so they would be quite averse to changing it. Let's hope not.

Otis

I think that was presenters and judge throwing their toys out of the pram, rather than editorial decisions. Although i'm not sure if Mel & Sue might have been contracted to the BBC???
I'm sure it will still be Avalon productions doing Taskmaster (who i think is Frank Skinner's company), so they would be quite averse to changing it. Let's hope not.
Yup. It will be bought in off the shelf I would have thought. Should be exactly the same.

NorthernWisdom

ITV apparently in the mix for it too, that one would definitely worry me.
Dave is partly owned by the BBC, so it's about time they got themselves in gear and bid for it!

A different channel would mean a different set of comedians? It's a programme that doesn't need 'stars', but suddenly I could see Harry Hill and David Walliams turning up on it...

rob9872

Dave is partly owned by the BBC, so it's about time they got themselves in gear and bid for it!

A different channel would mean a different set of comedians? It's a programme that doesn't need 'stars', but suddenly I could see Harry Hill and David Walliams turning up on it...
And no doubt Michael feckin McIntyre :(

ajsccfc

Harry Hill I'd be well up for. Apparently Richard Ayoade would have been in but for scheduling, I think he'd be great too. Can't be arsed with Walliams or McIntyre chewing the scenery though, they'd make Ian Sterling look timid and subdued

rob9872

It's only as good as the tasks and AH seems to have a never ending supply of ways to make them look silly. Some of the best people throughout have in fairness been those I barely recognise or wasn't really looking forward to. If it does go the mainstream route I'm sure it would find a new audience and the ratings wouldn't suffer, but I think it would be finished for me.

NorthernWisdom

It's only as good as the tasks and AH seems to have a never ending supply of ways to make them look silly. Some of the best people throughout have in fairness been those I barely recognise or wasn't really looking forward to. If it does go the mainstream route I'm sure it would find a new audience and the ratings wouldn't suffer, but I think it would be finished for me.
Yup. And the 'famous' ones have generally been quite happy to show themselvces as shit, too. David Baddiel's been uniquely awful this season, but it's made it all the more watchable for it!

shmmeee

Never seen this. Sounds great. Is it on catchup anywhere? If so where’s the best place to start? Season 1 or should i jump in later?

NorthernWisdom

Never seen this. Sounds great. Is it on catchup anywhere? If so where’s the best place to start? Season 1 or should i jump in later?
Uktvplay. I didn't get it for a long time, but it's really good. This series as goid a place to start as any, there's no narrative, so you can go and watch the other series in any order you like really

ajsccfc

I'd put forward any series bar maybe 4 and 6 which were dips in quality of contestant but still quite good with it.

Otis

I'd put forward any series bar maybe 4 and 6 which were dips in quality of contestant but still quite good with it.
Who was in 4 and 6?

I know a couple where the chemistry just wasn't right, but I cannot remember who was in them.

The ones with Rob Beckett, Josh Widdecombe and Joe Wilkinson were amongst the best.

It was Rob Beckett wasn't it when they had to shout across the river. I loved that task. And of course the mayor one.

Otis

Okay, so just had a look.

Here are the contestants series by series.

Series 1: Frank Skinner, Josh Widdecombe, Roisin Conaty, Romesh Ranganathen, Tim Key.

Series 2: Doc Brown, Joe Wilkinson, Joe Richardson, Katherine Ryan, Richard Osman

Series 3:

Al Murray, Dave Gorman, Paul Chowdhry, Rob Beckett, Sarah Pascoe

Series 4:

Hugh Dennis, Joe Lycett, Lily Adefope, Mel Geidroyc and Noel Fielding

Series 5:

Aisling Bea, Bob Mortimer, Mark Watson, Nish Kumar, Sally Phillips

Series 6:

Alice Levine, Asim Chaudhry, Liza Tarbuck, Russell Howard, Tim Vine

Series 7:

James Acaster, Jessica Knappett, Kerry Godliman, Phil Wang and Rhod Gilbert

Series 8:.

Iain Stirling, Joe Thomas, Lou Sanders, Paul Sinha and Sian Gibson

Series 9:

Davie Baddiel, Ed Gamble, Jo Brand, Katy Wix, Rose Matafeo

So...... Would people like to offer up their favourite series and their favourite contestants and their least favourite contestants and series too.

Otis

I think this series been great and the mast series too. There was great chemistry to be had with both.

Favourite contestants have been....

Josh Widdecombe
Rob Beckett
Joe Wilkinson
Bob Mortimer
Kerry Godliman
Ed Gamble

Others have been very good too,but those are the ones I enjoyed the most.

Was rather disappointed with Asim Choudhury, Dave Gorman (who I like a lot usually) and Tim Vine (same)

ajsccfc

Favourites include Tim Key, Joe Wilkinson, Paul Chowdhry, Bob Mortimer (candidate for the best person alive), Sally Phillips, Liza Tarbuck, James Acaster, Jessica Knappett, Rhod Gilbert, Rose Matafeo, Joe Thomas (candidate for most awkward person alive) and David Baddiel who's absolutely useless but seems to be having a whale of a time.

Favourite series is between 1,2 5 and 7, least favourite is 4 as nobody stood out as particularly good. Only people I've not really liked were Russell Howard, Iain Stirling and increasingly Jo Brand who's taken 'can't be arsed' too far.

Otis

Favourites include Tim Key, Joe Wilkinson, Paul Chowdhry, Bob Mortimer (candidate for the best person alive), Sally Phillips, Liza Tarbuck, James Acaster, Jessica Knappett, Rhod Gilbert, Rose Matafeo, Joe Thomas (candidate for most awkward person alive) and David Baddiel who's absolutely useless but seems to be having a whale of a time.

Favourite series is between 1,2 5 and 7, least favourite is 4 as nobody stood out as particularly good. Only people I've not really liked were Russell Howard, Iain Stirling and increasingly Jo Brand who's taken 'can't be arsed' too far.
Ah, but Joe Brand is just being Jo Brand.

It does what it says on the tin.

Otis

Definitely one of the best episodes that.

Ed Gamble was so funny and I loved his chickpea film.

I can't wait to see who will be in the Next series

Badger

I think my worst were series 6 and Series 8 but I liked Lisa Tarbuck and Lou Sanders.

I think one of my favourite moments was Joe Wilkinson with his toe on the red carpet. Hard to call a favourite series because there have been great moments in all of them but this one has to be up there.

Si80

I think one of my favourite moments was Joe Wilkinson with his toe on the red carpet. Hard to call a favourite series because there have been great moments in all of them but this one has to be up there.

Genuinely brilliant moment. His sheer joy was so crushed :D
Loved this series. Series 7 was the best imo, closely followed by 9, 1 & 2. I always think the series go better when they have someone who is a close friend to Greg or Alex. Rhod Gilbert, Roisin Conarty, Tim Key and Ed Gamble being notable idiots.

I'd love them to do a losers losers championship at some point. But I think they'll do S10 and then do another Champions series.

ajsccfc

Caught the last one now. I've said that I like David Baddiel, but his chickpea task has to be by far the least funny thing to ever appear on an episode.

Otis

Caught the last one now. I've said that I like David Baddiel, but his chickpea task has to be by far the least funny thing to ever appear on an episode.
It was embarrassingly bad wasn't it. It looked even worse because Ed Gamble's one just before was so good.

David Baddiel was rather hit and miss for me. Sometimes I found stuff he did funny and then at other times it was like watching tumbleweed blowing across a desert.

tommydazzle

Just shows how subjective humour is. I've loved all the competitive ones like John Richardson, Ed Gamble, Josh Widdicombe, Rob Beckett but found Jo Brand, Noel Fielding a bit annoying. Pretty much found all the women excellent. Amazed at how inept some of the were, i.e. Mark Watson, David Baddiel, Joe Thomas. Overall loved the whole series and had me laughing out loud so many times.

My favourite is Alex Horne - just love the dry humour and absurdities not sure how this had translated for him in the American version which I would imagine will be brash and loud.

OffenhamSkyBlue

I thought series 6 was one of the best (not least due to my first exposure to the delightful Aisling Bea), especially the parts where they mercilessly ripped the piss out of Mark Watson. That task they made only him do which lasted months was priceless! And the film Sally Phillips made of Alex’s birth was brilliant disturbing!
And Phil Wang was surprisingly quality- what was that onesie all about?!
Loved Ed Gamble’s chick pea love story this week.

ajsccfc

Bad news is that the next series will be late 2020, which is absolutely ages for a show that's usually a few months between them at most

Users who are viewing this thread