Target Man?? (1 Viewer)

CW6

Looking at our possible forward players for next year we have Elliot, Mcdonald, ROD, Sheff and maybe Fleck? (not sure if he could be used as a striker) All these players are pretty small, so stating the obviously we surely need the option of a big target man which i know has been discussed. I just want to throw a name out there (not sure if anyone has mentioned it) what about bringing big Dele Adebola back? Played for Notts County last year on loan but is 37 i think. Just a thought! Or do you think there is better and realistic players out there?

Last edited:

kg82

First thing, who's Thompson?

I think there are better options out there to be honest though.

CW6

Sorry haha, playing Football Manager and have a Thompson playing and was in my head! Obviously meant Elliot!

Ryan Parfrey

What about Jeffers? he's never really had a chance for us and as we've dropped down a league he may be of some use! and we still have O'donovan as an option...

CW6

Jeffers is a big lad but hes not the kid of player who i would throw on to try grab us a goal when were a goal down with 15 minutes to go from a set piece

Ryan Parfrey

Yeah i suppose. I'd still give him a chance anyway and Kuqi is a target man who is a free agent? surely he'd put a decent shift in for us as a sub maybe

SkyBlue_Bear83

How wasnt he? He was strong and good in the air. Nightmare for defenders, can't recall too many CB's last year that coped with him in the air! Either that or i have a crap memory
He doesn't score goals so therefore is not a good option when you are a goal down. He never attacked the ball well an he is so immobile, he definitely earned the nickname the tree.

CW6

He doesn't score goals so therefore is not a good option when you are a goal down. He never attacked the ball well an he is so immobile, he definitely earned the nickname the tree.

Yeah suppose your right, we do need that kind of player though, in an ideal world we could get a big target man than can get us 20+ goals but there not easy to find! I think Steve Howard would be a good shout for a year. Didnt he score a fair few for Leicester in this league?

Users who are viewing this thread