Tamas Priskin Released, Worth a shot? (1 Viewer)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16601174.stm

Ipswich Town have released Tamas Priskin by mutual agreement.

The 25-year-old, whose contract was set to expire in June, netted nine times in 60 games for Town after joining from Watford in 2009.

He had fallen out of favour at Portman Road and in November moved to Derby for a six-week loan spell, making five appearances and scoring one goal.

"It has been a privilege to play for a club of Ipswich Town's standing," he told the club website.

"I would like to wish the players and all involved at the club all the best for the future."

The Hungary international was told in September that he could leave the club, after reportedly telling a newspaper in his homeland he had fallen into manager Paul Jewell' s "bad books", and featured just twice for Town this season.

Only 25, plenty of championship experience. What you reckon?

SkyBlueScottie

I bet he is on far more than the reported 7k per week Juke was on, however we need bodies in so it would not be a bad signing imo.

kg82

To get an idea of the guy I'd talk to Watford, Derby and Ipswich fans and I think they'd all say he's useless.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I rated him when he was at Watford and have mentioned him a few times on here. Hes had a rough ride at Ipswich as I think he was signed by Keane at a time when fans had high expectations, and was also probably another reason for his over inflated wages. Then when Jewell came in he fell out with him (so would I, im not a fan of Jewell) and hes been passed about ever since.

I do think if he was managed correctly he'd be a good signing. Think he'd also suit our play.

But....... I cant see us going for him. Again, he's free, a good championship player, readily available, and is 25 (not a kid). Not likely to be AT's radar.

ccfc_Tom

Worth a punt probs better than what we've got. Seems like someone doncaster will sign though they seem to have been going for everyone free or on loan.

In fact koumas,priskin,weir. lets get them 3 free's in, nice squad thickeners. koumas and priskin probs be first teamers.

Last edited:

ccfcdan

He's only 25?? Seems to have been round for years. Worth a punt, cant be worse than Fat Freddie and O'Donovan.

mark82

Koumas still available on a free? That would be a better signing. Priskin worth a shot I guess, if no-one better is available.

J

Jack Griffin

I don't understand why these names are being mentioned, SISU are not going to take anyone who wants paying.

Nonleagueherewecome

Priskin is a bit crap, but seems to do well against us; sounds like a case of McIndoeitis.

Not likely to come here anyway.

rob9872

He's only 25?? Seems to have been round for years. Worth a punt, cant be worse than Fat Freddie and O'Donovan.

Jeez that amazes me too. He seems to have been around for so long.

Users who are viewing this thread