Talksport (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Unlikely to do too much for their listening figures. Jordan has had a long standing interest in the commercial opportunity of CCFC.
Until tomorrow when he's getting headlines for commenting on what ever then.

glasgowfan

Yeah after, I struggle to finish a lot of books in general as they lose my interest but his is really good and appears to be very honest. I know he's got an ego but clearly a very intelligent bloke.
Boris is a very intelligent bloke, but with zero commonsense. Give me commonsense every time

slowpoke

Reading what’s been said just think we are getting a bit ahead of ourselves a bit due to wishful thinking, saddled with Sepalla is she or isn’t she our owner ? We seem to have issue

NorthernWisdom

You dont get better without failing in business, he would have unique insight as well as the connections.
You don't become a washed up wino who could've been a contender until you lost your last £million on a desperate attempt to rescue Barings Bank without failing in business too.

(Note, for all gormless libel lawyers, this is not Simon Jordan, but an example as to how failing in business is not a good thing necessarily(!))

long way home

Because he says things to get a reaction on social media to draw attention to his show. He's probably forgotten what he said about buying the club before and the vast majority of his listeners and those on social media certainly have.

I said he looks for reaction and will get it. However the other side of that, in my opinion is more telling. Because if you think the Times article, Wasps financial issue, the pitch problem and now jordan are just events with no connection, its fine. I don't particularly follow that idea, all has a purpose, all is for effect and all has a meaning.

i don't know for certain what Jordan motives are but id guess he has more interest than gaining followers..

Senior Vick from Alicante

You don't become a washed up wino who could've been a contender until you lost your last £million on a desperate attempt to rescue Barings Bank without failing in business too.

(Note, for all gormless libel lawyers, this is not Simon Jordan, but an example as to how failing in business is not a good thing necessarily(!))
Agreed but he was out of his depth in first place.

pusbccfc

Let's be honest, despite what Grendal likes to say about the loss-making Ricoh, the club and the stadium would be an exciting prospect for any new owner.

While the club is worth very little more than the golden share, playing squad and a dated training ground, we have huge potential. The Ricoh could be up for grabs on the cheap in the next few months and anyone with an ounce of experience must look at it as a possible money earner. The club itself has a good squad which, with additions, could challenge for promotion within the next two seasons.

long way home

Its common to think of those who look to buy football clubs as the devil. If you are happy with the current ownership its fine. If the ownership doesn't look to progression, it could be a problem. If fear of change for the better is a reason to not risk what you have, then in my opinion that is worse.

We all gamble at some point, but once Sisu have hit the wall and reached the potential of the business model and the highest value selling point, that is it. For the sake of the club, the gamble is no longer there, you either except the same as the owners or reach for higher. If we except that 12th in the championship is the best we can do, then for you its no problem. For some the risk is worth taking because, if the cost of failure means a fall in leagues, its hardly an experience all have not tasted in our recent past is it.

I prefer to die on my feet, than live on my knees, if im honest. In my opinion we are better than 12th in the championship and deserve better than owners that have downed tools. We don't want reckless spending, idiotic projects with names like operation premiership, we need a plan of solid and competitive spending. MR overachieved with the budget, imagine what could be done with a mid table budget. We have a foundation and a very good manager that needs a little more help. Sisu have been looking at out since the end of last season, they know when the game is up and fair play to them. Time for change my friend, not saying Jordan is the answer or will buy us, but one thing is sure, he just announced we are for sale to all, thats a good thing.

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

Let's be honest, despite what Grendal likes to say about the loss-making Ricoh, the club and the stadium would be an exciting prospect for any new owner.

While the club is worth very little more than the golden share, playing squad and a dated training ground, we have huge potential. The Ricoh could be up for grabs on the cheap in the next few months and anyone with an ounce of experience must look at it as a possible money earner. The club itself has a good squad which, with additions, could challenge for promotion within the next two seasons.

Its main mechanism for making money is through rent so it's hard to see how it could be that profitable at the same time as the club. There is no money in putting on concerts as has been comprehensively demonstrated over the last 17 years.

It needs some significant investment to make it a more attractive conference venue I think, it's competing with other local venues which are better for respective needs; NEC for exhibitions and Warwick Uni Conferences for conferencing.

Ashdown

I’m not going to condemn or rejoice……I like many bought into the initial, ‘ we are being taken over by a hedge fund in London who are going to not only rescue us from financial collapse but buy the stadium and invest millions in top class talent…….

theferret

Its main mechanism for making money is through rent so it's hard to see how it could be that profitable at the same time as the club. There is no money in putting on concerts as has been comprehensively demonstrated over the last 17 years.

It needs some significant investment to make it a more attractive conference venue I think, it's competing with other local venues which are better for respective needs; NEC for exhibitions and Warwick Uni Conferences for conferencing.

I think with the right owners and with investment there is a lot that can be done with it.

Let's be honest, it was built on the cheap and has been poorly maintained over the years. Not a single development has gone up around it in 17 years (which given its gateway location and proximity to J3 is odd), and the whole area around it is in a sorry state - one of the scruffiest entry points into any major city in the UK - absolute shithole to be frank (council mostly to be blame for that, every day for 3 months now I have driven past a discarded sofa and a dead fox which is now in a serious state of decomposition, right next the 'thank you for visiting Coventry' sign). It's an appalling mess around there and is ripe for someone to come in and invest.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
DHarvey is hilarious. I remember him rating players after not seeing a game but going off what he was told.
Nick - 2 - Lucky to get away with only a booking for his early two-footer and the second booking for dissent claiming the ref 'had an agenda' was disgraceful.

fernandopartridge

I think with the right owners and with investment there is a lot that can be done with it.

Let's be honest, it was built on the cheap and has been poorly maintained over the years. Not a single development has gone up around it in 17 years (which given its gateway location and proximity to J3 is odd), and the whole area around it is in a sorry state - one of the scruffiest entry points into any major city in the UK - absolute shithole to be frank (council mostly to be blame for that, every day for 3 months now I have driven past a discarded sofa and a dead fox which is now in a serious state of decomposition, right next the 'thank you for visiting Coventry' sign). It's an appalling mess around there and is ripe for someone to come in and invest.

I think with roads like the A444 you get a bit of buck passing between the council and Highways England about who is responsible for what. I agree it is a grim entrance to a city

Hobo

I’m not going to condemn or rejoice……I like many bought into the initial, ‘ we are being taken over by a hedge fund in London who are going to not only rescue us from financial collapse but buy the stadium and invest millions in top class talent…….

I just hoped they would bring some financial nouse and stability and have us flirting with play offs.

Not the shit show that followed

alexccfc99

Well he would say that

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

In fairness I completely get why you’d come to that opinion

But having read his book I’ve made my own personal judgement that I do genuinely believe that it wasn’t a case of Jordan being a rogue owner, there were definitely mistakes on his part but I think if he did have his time again things would have been different - Naïve may be the appropriate word

He’s perfect for TalkSport mind, gets views and gets people talking which I do think is what he’s doing here, I can’t see him having any involvement in CCFC anyway

Sky Blue Pete

Its common to think of those who look to buy football clubs as the devil. If you are happy with the current ownership its fine. If the ownership doesn't look to progression, it could be a problem. If fear of change for the better is a reason to not risk what you have, then in my opinion that is worse.

We all gamble at some point, but once Sisu have hit the wall and reached the potential of the business model and the highest value selling point, that is it. For the sake of the club, the gamble is no longer there, you either except the same as the owners or reach for higher. If we except that 12th in the championship is the best we can do, then for you its no problem. For some the risk is worth taking because, if the cost of failure means a fall in leagues, its hardly an experience all have not tasted in our recent past is it.

I prefer to die on my feet, than live on my knees, if im honest. In my opinion we are better than 12th in the championship and deserve better than owners that have downed tools. We don't want reckless spending, idiotic projects with names like operation premiership, we need a plan of solid and competitive spending. MR overachieved with the budget, imagine what could be done with a mid table budget. We have a foundation and a very good manager that needs a little more help. Sisu have been looking at out since the end of last season, they know when the game is up and fair play to them. Time for change my friend, not saying Jordan is the answer or will buy us, but one thing is sure, he just announced we are for sale to all, thats a good thing.
Who’s downed tools?

olderskyblue

Who was they guy that was interested, until Sisu let his name slip (on purpose) ?

on 2nd thoughts, don’t say, in case he walks again…. ;)

Sick Boy

It’s a sad reflection of how desperate people are that they’re welcoming Jordan with open arms…and actually believing it.

Reactions: AOM

Grendel

It’s a sad reflection of how desperate people are that they’re welcoming Jordan with open arms…and actually believing it.

he’s a big mate of Farage - been on talking pints - perhaps Nige will be at the CBS soon

Nick

Administrator
The Facebook group seems to be revolving around someone shoving a bog brush up his arse today... while this place isn't perfect, you have to say we have a certain amount of superiority over the Facebook and Twitter riff-raff.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Yeah, same on twitter.

Absolute wrongun.

Users who are viewing this thread