Talksport Danny Kelly (1 Viewer)

Delboycov

Yes, i am sure you are right, but i did not think that Mr Turner supported us..

Andy Turner has been a City fan all his life....Adam Dent is a Wolves fan...Clive Eakin a Tranmere fan...Geoff Foster a blithering idiot...but also a City fan.

Mucca Mad Boys

Andy Turner has been a City fan all his life....Adam Dent is a Wolves fan...Clive Eakin a Tranmere fan...Geoff Foster a blithering idiot...but also a City fan.

City as in Coventry City?

I heard thy were incester, I don't know so I don't comment.

SkyBlue_Bear83

To elaborate on why this is very unlikely...

1. Over the past couple of decades, 74 points or fewer has been good for a playoff spot around 25% of the time. So generally speaking, we have a 1 in 4 chance of your points goal being the threshold.

2. Yes, CCFC have got 27 points in the last 14 games. It has been a great run that has yielded a clip of 1.92 points per game. The team at the top of the table, Bournemouth, have an average of 1.81 points per game. So we have to maintain form for a considerable period of time that is way, way beyond what even the table-toppers are achieving. And even if CCFC continue that terrific run of form, it would only take them to 74 points which, as we know, is rarely enough for a playoff spot.

So - very unlikely. A nominal chance. I wish it weren't so, but the start to the season is a weight around the ankles.
Eddie Howe has something like 2.3 points a game over 20+ games since rejoining Bournemouth so maintaining 1.92 points a game for 14 games is a doddle compared to what Bournemouth have done. It is tough an seems unlikely but the way you put it across you would have thought we are attempting something that no one has ever done before trying to go for something that not even the league leaders can accomplish

You forget we were actually ahead of Bournemouth after 10 games

Delboycov

City as in Coventry City?

I heard thy were incester, I don't know so I don't comment.
Turner's a Coventry fan...often talks about it in his CT column and the pain he feels about where we are now...he's bringing his son up as a Sky Blue too and feels guilty that he's going to experience all the downs that we all have.

Brighton Sky Blue

You do not have an argument that stands up to any sort of scrutiny I'm afraid. What is your point? Your argument about this city's supposed propensity to 'defeatism' is its apparent lack of righteous indignation about the untimely departure of Mark Robins? Is that it? All this against a backdrop of so called 'rational analysis' that suggests we have practically no hope of being promoted this season. The irony here is that yours is probably the most defeatist appraisal of our chances I have yet come across.

A classic case of somebody seeing something that isn't there. All this nonsense talk about defeatism which amounts to nothing more than an opinion based on half-baked observations and weak anecdotal evidence that has no factual basis.

Put simply, just another miserable old cynic trying far too hard to find fault with their home city. It could just be that the general acceptance of most people to recent events is an example of the type of 'rational analysis' you run to when it suits. But that doesn't fit the with 'everything's shit' view of Coventry that many people seem determined to make happen.

Little OTT this. I'm extremely proud of my city's history and heritage but its current state is saddening. The reality is that the universities are the 2 best things going in the city as they draw innovation and expertise to the place.

Quite what this has to do with Robins is beyond me.

Mucca Mad Boys

Turner's a Coventry fan...often talks about it in his CT column and the pain he feels about where we are now...he's bringing his son up as a Sky Blue too and feels guilty that he's going to experience all the downs that we all have.

Thank you for clearing that up, I genuinely thought he was incester.

I feel a bit cheated because I've only seen a shit CCFC.

Colonel Mustard

Eddie Howe has something like 2.3 points a game over 20+ games since rejoining Bournemouth so maintaining 1.92 points a game for 14 games is a doddle compared to what Bournemouth have done.

It is tough an seems unlikely but the way you put it across you would have thought we are attempting something that no one has ever done before trying to go for something that not even the league leaders can accomplish

You forget we were actually ahead of Bournemouth after 10 games

There is nothing wrong with hope. But all the hope in the world doesn't alter the probability of things.

Delboycov

Thank you for clearing that up, I genuinely thought he was incester.

I feel a bit cheated because I've only seen a shit CCFC.

No worries....Turner takes a lot of stick with people always going on about the CT written by brummies but Turner is as much a Sky Blue as any of us. Funnily enough I worked for the CET for several years when Adam Dent was football reporter and we used to have a meeting every Monday morning and he'd ask me what I thought of Saturday's game....used to joke that he'd write his report based on what I said but one thing that used to strike me was that even though he was a Wolves fan he actually cared just as much as me.

ampthill_sba

No worries....Turner takes a lot of stick with people always going on about the CT written by brummies but Turner is as much a Sky Blue as any of us. Funnily enough I worked for the CET for several years when Adam Dent was football reporter and we used to have a meeting every Monday morning and he'd ask me what I thought of Saturday's game....used to joke that he'd write his report based on what I said but one thing that used to strike me was that even though he was a Wolves fan he actually cared just as much as me.

I can confirm that 3 generations of the Turner family support and attend Cov games...I sit near Andy's dad on match days at the Ricoh.

fernandopartridge

My claim of defeatism was much more general than that. The dictionary definition of defeatism is 'demonstrating expectation or acceptance of failure'. Sums Coventry up to a tee.

A fair chance? The team has a nominal chance at best. That is not based on gut instinct, but the facts of history; the team would need to go on a very improbable run of success to make the playoffs.

To take and accept it without protest ... defeatism, wouldn't you say?

that is very defeatist, 9 wins will see us right

CV2 4GU

Adrian durham is the biggest prick on radio best ignored

Even Adrian Durham, who has traditionally dismissed our club and city as insignificant, actually sympathised with our plight.

And, although he said that Robins is a good manager, he could not justify why he left us to join Huddersfield, UNLESS IT WAS GREED..

Users who are viewing this thread